SlotsNZ

New Zealand 1/32 Club Racing

Ok everybody, its 2016, Christmas and all that is over lets get talking about all the events lined up for this year.

I want to get this going early so anyone keen to enter an event has plenty of time to get organised.

This is what I know so far.......

Brightwater raceway in Nelson are organising a 6 hour enduro, sometime end of March. Cars supplied, NSR McLaren GT3 if available, if not NSR R18. A fun event to kick of the year. If you don't have a team, you will be placed in one. Tony might have his new track ready by then!!!

NZSCA Nationals normally in May but I know nothing on this subject so will leave it for someone in the know to inform us.

Garden City Club, Chch will run their Queens Birthday event on the long weekend, great event and very laid back. I would prefer it if you don't enter this event as I want to retain my title!!!

Tony has set down the 2nd weekend in June(it may change) for his very successful NSR Classic Challenge in Nelson. Last year there were 37 entrants making it by far the best supported event on the RTR Calendar in New Zealand.

NZSCA 12 hour Group C enduro. This event was canned last year due to lack of entries which was a great shame as it is a great race. I hear that the Westport club are busy putting together a team for this so that's the wooden spoon taken care of.

That's it for now people. If you know more then get typing...cheers.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Hot off the press...News from the Nelson club......NZ NSR Classic Challenge Cup III will be held in June 10th - 12th. Entry fee $100 includes car or $25 if you want to supply your own car (I think option 1 is a no brainer!!!).

10th Sept. Mark Aston Constructors Enduro.

4 - 8 teams x 6 hours using supplied NSR McLaren 650S GT3

Edited by branco

Entry forms for 2016 NSR Classic Challenge Cup are available from Tony Cook.

It will be another great event.

Book early to avoid disappointment, New Zealand's only RTR event that is guaranteed to take place!!!!

Following Vince's thread on early Auslot days, a bit of history of the HBMRC club

For the serial poster gang in Hawkes Bay it began with me breaking a disc and needing a new recreation to replace playing competitive squash.

I advertised in a local community newspaper for those who remember loving slot cars to come to my house and view big screen video of the

Europeans racing "scalextric type" slot cars on "Euro-plastic" club tracks [ I invented that terminology, it sounded good on the day]

About 10 guys showed up including Munter and Slotmadmac.

We watched some video, I showed the comparable merits of Ninco and Carrera track over standard Scalextric,

We decided to go ahead, In the end no one in NZ would supply us with the track.

That would have been late 2006, and our first racing was Feb 2007.

The Carrera agent wanted European retail plus about 30% to bring it from China.

Despite being in "exit mode" from Ninco, the Ninco distributor wouldn't even sell to us - even with a recommendation from one of his biggest retailers.

I contacted the Oz distributors, the Carrera distributor there didn't want to know.

The Ninco distributor Leeman Hobbies said "how can we help"

I sourced the track to our budget plan and we spent about two months building it in a large garage behind a rental property.

He gave us a good discount, shipped track and cars, and having learned I was a businessman experienced as an importer/distributor, suggested

that he would broker me for the NZ Ninco agency at Nuremberg when he was at the Toy fair the following month.

That was how slotraceshop began.

hbmrc2007-2-s.jpghbmrc2007-s.jpg

So our first track was a Ninco 30 metre 4 laner, then after two years, wanting to toss magnets we went to our first wood track Chris' professionally

built 4 laner "NPSR"

We nearly suffered a club split at that point, but I urged the guys who we most agitated to let things roll through without taking sides, and it would almost

certainly be the best outcome.

It was. The one guy who really stirred things left the club, and we have only had some minor tiffs in the last 10 years.

The club is in good health with the new blood the most enthusiastic.

Our very out of date video introduction. We have changed and added tracks since then.

http://youtu.be/aZhx6gZdUrs

Cub website http://www.burmac.nz/hbmrc/index.html

Paul & Ryan's new Falls Road track, just constructed in 2019

falls2.jpg

Mac's Thunder Road Raceway

macs.jpg

Pat's 3 laner Upham Downs, shoehorned into the back of his garage

pat.jpg

Dave's Black Widow - did I say Shoehorned

daves.jpg

Pedro's 3 laner, Circuito Bahia Vista

pedro.jpg

But wait, there's more. Pedro (not his real name), also has this BLST auto lane changing digital track, the smart anti-collision circuitry sorts out passing

lanes and keeps the cars apart while you just drive.

blst.jpg

Mark's Oakland Raceway

Oakland%202019-1.jpg