High Power / Variable Voltage Mod For Ssd C7042 Apb

RikoRocket

Bizarre isn't it. But then what is more weird: the effect that it has, or the idea that someone had to try sticking mutton on the rails...

Not the most Bizarre idea I ever had, but when it comes to "effect" I've also said I only drink for effect......Water keeps me alive, Coffee keeps me awake and Beer keeps me sane! :D then there's slotcar racing.

Edited by Billy_Cart

Cheers

Phil

Sigmaman, you'll get a aerosol can from AutoPro for about $8 or non aerosol (which gives you more Inoxy goodness in the bottle) for around the same price. It even comes in a 5 litre bulk for those who use it on everything.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Assuming you mean the original PB6, Yes. But why?

Ian

Thanks Ian,

Yes the latest outa the box Scaley 6 car base.

Reason: lots of amps available for lots of cars and LC's and also I have one (deep cycle)that I can use :-)

Drifter

www.sydneyslotcars.com

Thanks Ian,

Reason: lots of amps available for lots of cars and LC's and also I have one (deep cycle)that I can use :-)

Drifter

It would still need the high power mod as outlined above.

You will have lots of Amps then, but you won't have the speed that you can get by running it at 15V

gallery_4291_493_4007.jpg

.............................PM me for C7042 Aux to PC cables............or Pit-Pro...

Assuming you mean the original PB6, Yes. But why?

Ian

Thanks Ian,

Drifter

The original PB6 is not the same same as the latest Advanced powerbase (APB6). The outa the box APB6 does not provide lotsa amps - it provides more than the original PB6, but much less than the PB-Pro with Simple-H. You can get more output when you get the mod described by Riko done - that mod effectively bypasses the regulator and sets the 'trip point' for overload to a higher value.

Ian

Linux: A '90s reincarnation of a '80s Operating System based on a '70s design philosophy

InCar-PRO: Chip Main Page

Hi Ian,

I've been reading your electric images site with great interest. I was wondering if there is any way of building LC detection circuitry to trigger solenoids for a 'home brew ' routed track. Do any circuit diagrams exist?

Sorry if this is a little off topic

Drifter

www.sydneyslotcars.com

Hi Ian,

I've been reading your electric images site with great interest. I was wondering if there is any way of building LC detection circuitry to trigger solenoids for a 'home brew ' routed track. Do any circuit diagrams exist?

Drifter

I just threw about 15 of these boards out in the rubbish!

Smoke, mirrors and obsolescence. It’s a jungle out there.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Hi Ian,

Drifter

I just threw about 15 of these boards out in the rubbish!

I'd prefer to build my own as it's more fun, and easier to troubleshoot when get a WTF? moment

www.sydneyslotcars.com

• 2 weeks later...

All done works a treat nice mod ,dont be scared its easy!

Glen

Well done! I thought for a while that I was the only person on the planet doing the mod...

And... it gets easier when you have done a few. Not that it is difficult to start with :)

.............................PM me for C7042 Aux to PC cables............or Pit-Pro...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest paulwest

This may properly be considered a dumb question,but I'm gonna ask it. could possibly be the energy provide your reccomending a variable just one or are you currently various it one more way

Edited by gazza

This may properly be considered a dumb question,but I'm gonna ask it. could possibly be the energy provide your reccomending a variable just one or are you currently various it one more way

Cabbage crates coming over the briney? Sorry old chap, don't understand your banter...

I think this is what you are after

Use a standard C7024 power supply for the untouched connector (this powers the computer)

Use a 0-15V 20-30 Amp power supply for the modified connector (this goes to the power section)

Dont use a variable power supply in the untouched power socket as if you by accident up the volts, you will see smoke signals from the little indians inside the power base and then beating drums from the slot shop telling you they have another for sale.

If this is not what you after :wacko:

www.gtlslotcaraccessories.com

Cabbage crates coming over the briney? Sorry old chap, don't understand your banter...

Could it be some sort of translation software not doing it's job? I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't figure this out :huh: , Nice effort glen ;)

Edited by Billy_Cart

Cheers

Phil