Sign in to follow this  
gazza

Jack Brabham

You missed my favourite Gaz

gallery_image_main_133_4.jpg

To me this is the portrait that epitomizes the man. That look of determination in the eyes, the gentle wry half smile that says "let's give it a go." A true gentleman.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

16th July 1966 the first race I remember of the 3 litre engines , we stood at Clearways at Brands Hatch and watched the British GP won by Jack, with Denny Hulme 2nd and I think it was McLaren 5th a good day for the Aussies, this was the era of the greats , the MEN of motor racing some of whom had the time to autograph my brothers programme as we walked in the paddock before the race , yes in those days the mighty mingled with the fan's , Jack was one who gave him a smile as he wrote in the programme just Jack Brabham, above Graham Hill and by Denny Hulme , he was a gentleman and was without doubt ONE of the GREATS , thank you Jack and may you rest in peace.

@gazzaThanks for these. It will be good watching these today. 

I have subscribed to super100MPH for a while now, They have some great stuff. Does anyone know what happened to them as the new content hasn't been uploaded for some time?