Fg V8 Supercars Repaints

Johnsxr8

As our racegroup is starting progress along and with a limited number of out of the box FG Falcon liveries to choose from a couple of the guys from our group have now gone down the path of buying decals and painting their FG Supercars, and since they are not members of this forum i am the lucky one who gets to show off their handy work, both of these are still work in progress in the photos taken but i will have new completed shots to show after our next raceday on monday. I have seen the finished SP car the other day and i think it looks just as good as an out of the box paint job and seemed harder to scratch than my standard Winterbottom car i also cant wait to see the finished Bottlo car on monday

29052011534.jpg

29052011536.jpg

IMG_8292.jpg

IMG_8293.jpg

Cheers John

Edited by Johnsxr8

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Blue95, it does look just as good as an out of the box paint job and is also seems to not scratch or mark as easy as the Dunlop or Orrcon cars, after this weekends racemeet i will be sanding back my Orrcon FG and will start work on my 2011 Mother Energy Racing Falcon, i ordered more waterslide decals from Patto's last nite, can't wait to see it finished in the flesh!

Nice job John,

Do you do anything other than sand to get the tampo off?

I got an FG today which I'm going to paint in a custom livery. Have read elsewhere a suggestion just to paint over the top, but the paint is quite thick on the FG. I want to leave the windows as they are, except to take of the driver name & numbers, mask off the tail lights & grill & start the rest from scratch.

Wesley

I haven't done it to a V8, but I used brake fluid to strip the paint of another Scalextric resilient car. Soaked it in the fluid for an hour or so, and then wiped the paint and tampo off with a rag.

On the Scalextric V8 Supercars website he talks about masking it up an painting straight over the top.

I am thinking about getting a FG and doing the Jim Beam livery

cheers

DM

Yeah the SP car was dipped in brake fluid before painting, but the next one we will just sand it back as the Ford windscreen decals that came with the SP decals dont curve around the top of the front and back windscreen this is the only blemish we can pick on the SP car so for the next one we want to leave the windows and only remove the Winterbottom or Richards name and sand back the rest of the body. Awesome DM can't wait to see your Jim Beam FG when its finished, if i get confident enough after my friend helps me with the Mother car i might try to do a Lucky 7 later down the track as i like the look of that car too

On the brake fluid topic, a possibly cheaper solution (no pun intended) is to mix vegetable oil & metho' 50/50. Apparently you can use this for brake fluid if you have to.

Just a thought.

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

Photos of my track in progress.

Meths on it's own works quite well for Scaley and SCX (provided one has enough patience to let it soak). I've decided Ninco tampo is virtually bombproof.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

The tampos and paint on my Fly Beemer are both bombproof! :rolleyes:

Had no luck with soaking a Scaley Camaro shell in I.P.Alcohol either... :angry:

Looking forward to the Mother car if the others are any guide. ;)

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

The tampo on the FG started coming off as soon as I unscrewed it from the case. I had a bit of a go with mineral turps and got all of the small stuff off. I haven't got anything else mentioned on hand, so I'll pick up some metho tomorrow and give it a go.

Car goes a bit alright though (considering the driver).

Ok i have now got some better shots of the SP car this car has seen quite a few crashes too before these shots were taken

25062011556.jpg

25062011557.jpg

25062011559.jpg

25062011560.jpg

and have now retired my Orrcon livery today after racing and have decided to not sand the body now and just make our own Ford decal to suit the Windscreens on the FG's as it is much easier dipping it in the brake fluid which my shell is in right now, should hopefully have the Mother Energy Car ready for next fortnights racemeet :D

Cheers John

Edited by Johnsxr8

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, well the Mother Energy car is now complete, and it was all done by the same fellow who done the SP Tools car, he is also now going to do some more cars for some of our other members who race in our group, he has now started on a Irwin Tools and Wilson Security FG's and also has a few VE's coming up aswell with one of the first likely to be the Bundy Racing car, so watch for more pics in the coming weeks, but here are some pics of the Mother car and the 2011 Winterbottom car

07072011579.jpg

07072011580.jpg

07072011581.jpg

07072011587.jpg

07072011588.jpg

Cheers John

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, well the Mother Energy car is now complete, and it was all done by the same fellow who done the SP Tools car, he is also now going to do some more cars for some of our other members who race in our group, he has now started on a Irwin Tools and Wilson Security FG's and also has a few VE's coming up aswell with one of the first likely to be the Bundy Racing car, so watch for more pics in the coming weeks, but here are some pics of the Mother car and the 2011 Winterbottom car

07072011579.jpg

07072011580.jpg

07072011581.jpg

07072011587.jpg

07072011588.jpg

Cheers John

The ride height on the Orrcon car is a bit over the top isn't it!!! :D

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.