Gulf Raceway

gulf raceway

hi from gulf raceway we are a raceway with a differance. we are locacted in normanton qld. we do not charge any fee for the use of our track. as must of our driver come from low income family's or live in remote area's in the gulf. so we are asking for any old parma wompy's that any of you do not need but could be used buy these remote area kids. or money donation to help with getting to remote area's like doomagee,burketown,croydon,kowanyama,karumba.we are at this moment building trailer that can be used to take our track to these remote areas. so if you can help that would be most gratefull.

gulf raceway

po box 165

normanton qld

07 47451015

Edited by gulf raceway

• 3 weeks later...

hi again from the gulf we have got our 4 lane ninco track up and running today had many young girls and boys enjoying slot cars for there very first time in there lives today.we use parma wompy's for them to use. the hole town is behind use in what we are trying to do. it's just bringing so much joy to the kids here.

• 4 weeks later...

hi all sorry that it take a while to get photo's up have been in hospital in townsville these photo where of the track while we where building it.on the 23 of july we had our first full compition it was just a time trail aginst the clock.we had two scalectric car as prizes that where donated to the raceway.we have 20 to 30 kids that injoy the thrill of raceing at gulf raceway

DSCF2005.jpg

Edited by gazza

• 3 weeks later...

if you put {img} in front of the photos address and {/img} at the end the photo appears on the page. just change the { } brackets to [ ]

or click on the icon between the chain and the letter and paste the address 'http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j401/tonmelk/houseandraceway031.jpg'

these smiling happy faces needed to be online here for all to see :)

cheers

DM

houseandraceway031.jpg

Edited by dangermouse

if you put {img} in front of the photos address and {/img} at the end the photo appears on the page. just change the { } brackets to [ ]

or click on the icon between the chain and the letter and paste the address 'http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j401/tonmelk/houseandraceway031.jpg'

these smiling happy faces needed to be online here for all to see :)

cheers

DM

houseandraceway031.jpg

thanks for the help dm very new at this

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What power source are you using, if it's variable try dropping the voltage ..... they don't have to run at 14 or 12 volts, depending on the track layout sometimes 10 volts is enough

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

That sounds like a recipe for a flameout...

I reckon you are using magnets ....scaley cars with magnets on a Ninco track work well but because of the drag caused by the magnet the motors work a lot harder and therefore heat up...they go like heck but then cook.....answer = remove magnets or raise magnets or???

regards

ps we call them motors

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

That sounds like a recipe for a flameout...

I reckon you are using magnets ....scaley cars with magnets on a Ninco track work well but because of the drag caused by the magnet the motors work a lot harder and therefore heat up...they go like heck but then cook.....answer = remove magnets or raise magnets or???

regards

ps we call them motors

i am just using the ninco power traformer that come with the set. plafit pointer motors run the longest but will not fit into a scaly car or scx. they are the power source that ninco use for they digital sets

Edited by gulf raceway

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...