Petty Blue - Richard Petty'S 1971 Plymouth Stocker

Well its taken me over 5 months to get this completed. I started this last year. Unfortunately work around the home got in the way so I had little time for slots. I just finished this one today. It is 1/24 King Richard Petty's 1971 Plymouth. Body is a 1/24 monogram model kit, Chassis is H&R, H&R front wheels all round, Paul Gage urethane rear tyres, H&R 18k Hawk motor. Paint is Tamiya Light blue & tamiya clear. Decals by Stubbo. There was loads of bodywork done to this to convert it from streetcar to stockcar.

IMG_4903.jpg

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4904.jpg

IMG_4891.jpg

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4890.jpg

IMG_4899.jpg

IMG_4908.jpg

IMG_4916.jpg

IMG_4931.jpg

Thanks

Greg

Well its taken me over 5 months to get this completed. I started this last year. Unfortunately work around the home got in the way so I had little time for slots. I just finished this one today. It is 1/24 King Richard Petty's 1971 Plymouth. Body is a 1/24 monogram model kit, Chassis is H&R, H&R front wheels all round, Paul Gage urethane rear tyres, H&R 18k Hawk motor. Paint is Tamiya Light blue & tamiya clear. Decals by Stubbo. There was loads of bodywork done to this to convert it from streetcar to stockcar.

IMG_4903.jpg

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4904.jpg

IMG_4891.jpg

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4890.jpg

IMG_4899.jpg

IMG_4908.jpg

IMG_4916.jpg

IMG_4931.jpg

Well done King Richard would be pleased.

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Thanks for the comments guys. Ive wanted to do this car for a long time now. I still have many Richard Petty cars left to do.

John I have been using H&R chassis for a long time now under my 1/24 cars. They come with a 40k Lightning motor which is way to much power for a small track so I swap to the 18k Hawk motor. They also come with quite wide rear wheels so I buy an extra set of narrow front wheels for the rear. You cant buy H&R is Australia but most shops in the US now stock H&R.

Thanks DM. The wheels are actually dark blue but look black in the photos.

Sure Steve whats your address & ill send it straight off to you

Thanks

Greg