Yngwie

Oz Rally 2012

Max 30 cars and whatever class that gives us the bigger variety of cars /liveries for me.

Normal people worry me

Good point on the RTR cars Phil.

so anyone have a list of RTR cars sorted by the above groups?? :D:P

- On the host track issue,IMO, I would like to see most tracks used be "proper" rally style, with the odd targa track as well.

Kai

DSC03821.jpg

DSC03822.jpg

DSC03823.jpg

DSC03824.jpg

DSC03826.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Stop showing off Gazza!!

This is the list of eligible WRC cars from the 08/09 season

AUTOART

Citroen Xsara

Ford Focus

Mitsubishi Lancer

Peugeot 206

Subaru WRX

AVANT

Peugeot 207

SCALEXTRIC

Ford Focus

Mitsubishi Lancer

Peugeot 307

Renault Megane

Skoda Fabia

Subaru WRX

FLY

No cars eligible

NINCO

Citroen C2, C4, Saxo

Fiat Punto, Uno

Ford Focus

Mitsubishi Lancer

Peugeot 306, 307

Renault Clio

Seat Cordoba

Subaru WRX

Toyota Corolla

SCX

Ford Focus, Festiva

Citroen Xsara, C4, C2

Hyundai Accent

Mitsubishi Lancer

Peugeot 206, 307

Renault Megane

Toyota Corolla

Skoda Octavia

Subaru WRX

Suzuki Swift

Seat Cordoba

CARRERA

Peugeot 306

Subaru WRX

CARTRIX

Hyundai Accent

Since then I can think of a couple of new cars from Avant, the MSC Subaru (only just been released OS) and Ninco and SCX are both doing Ford Fiestas which will be released later this year (maybe too late of this years series), plus the NSR cars. Im sure there have been some other releases as well.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Even with the Avant and NSR's not included there are plenty of choices.

I should imagine the MSC subaru may be very big,BUT is it podded as well as angle winder?

I think all the cars (except Avant)that Ben has listed are inline, non podded probably best to stick with that configuration IMO.

If podded etc are allowed then the best configuration would only be for one or two types of car.

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

KISS

IMO - Lets not get too ruley.

I haven't seen a podded car work well on my track anyway (or an NSR).

We are talking "Rally" tracks here guys

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

KISS

Not until you brush your teeth ........

They went in the dishwasher last night

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

I think something like the SCX WRC cars are a good example to go by

A wide variety of makes and models, plenty of different liveries to choose from and all are inline

Whether or not you leave them with the motor they come with or upgrade they are a good starting place

Trouble is that most of the cars in the pictures i posted are now getting harder to find and as soon as you start putting feelers out the price goes up

A few other manufacturers still run the inline set up, if they are podded, just make them permanent

As Mel says "Hello Sailor" ..........

sorry ..... KISS

Gary

Maybe just go back go where it was a few years ago, inline,WRC, none lidded ( or glued up).

Auto art are around on special,Ninco still available,some SCX still available as are Scalex ( eBay) ???

Looks like Ben has it nailed!

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Do the Ninco cars with proshock suspension come under the podded banner? I dont own any yet so I dont know their setup.

Also Im pretty sure the Avant and MSC cars can change configuration from angle to inline so, if it was inline only we would have to think about weather these cars could still race or not. I dont know what it takes to change the config, one thing for sure it would cost more money :rolleyes: .

Don't forget, when you build these things your building them for someone else to drive on someone else's track at different voltages.

So you want to build it bullet proof and reliable, so anyone can drive it ...... it doesn't have to be the fastest just the most consistent

Gary

Would there be a distinction between 2WD and 4WD? Surely if the original car was 4WD the proxy slotty should be.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Would there be a distinction between 2WD and 4WD? Surely if the original car was 4WD the proxy slotty should be.

In most cars I disengage the 4WD although I have one doing reasonably well in the SCX Proxy

You'd think that the 4wd cars would have an advantage, but unlike the real world they are about even if not slightly disadvantaged due to double axle hop, gears not meshing and trying to balance having the front wheels gripping and getting enough guide in the slot.

This is the problem that the SCX 4wd cars have, easiest fix would be to put a 42B in it a set of MJK's and replace the guide with a Ninco, But if it's a case of cars that were 4wd must remain 4wd it's down to the basic setup routine, the scx motors are pretty good and reliable ( you get duds in everything ) the car i'm running in the SCX Classic proxy at the moment is in it's second proxy and the motor is the same as last year the only changes made were different alloy wheels to take the mandatory SCX rubber and a diet, There are a few replacement 4wd motors out there, Cartrix to name one, but you need to get the non turbo version.

Scalextric do not make rally cars to race on routed tracks.

The so called NSR rally cars go like a stabbed cat but struggle on parts of my track due to the very low stance and get caught on a few of the crests

Advant slots much the same all are designed to be run on nice flat plastic tracks.

AutoArt cars look great .... mine are still in there boxes

The new MSC cars are a hand full, i used a RS200 recently in our Slotrallykhana, i had to change the gearing as well as put an NC-2 in it and very little weight, it went ok on the other two tracks but i managed to totally smash the lap record on my track, but that was only because it was where i'd done all my testing and was used to it, whether or not others could have driven it has hard on there track is the question, comes back to building the car as simple as possible

The Ninco 4wd cars are probably the easiest to set up as the 4wd on them consists of a rubber band driving the front wheels, and with plenty of go parts to help them, Biggest problem is the rubber band as it has a tendency to "flex" to far when the car is flat out and it will jump it's pulley and jam around the wheel hub and the car stops instantly, also if not setup correctly as the rear axle is "floating" if you like because of the suspension it uses, It sometime develops really bad Ninco hop, so bad that it can destroy a crown gear, some people glue the axle in some persevere, the biggest choice is the motor, the biggest i'd ever put in would be an NC-2 but the Focus i ran in the first OZ proxy ran 2nd with a NC-1 in it.

Gary

I am far from being any sort of rally expert but have found that the Ninco Nc-1 motor with a 10 tooth pinion a good combination for the tighter, twistier rally tracks that we run on in Australia. The SCX proxy has most of the tighter stuff in OZ but open, long straights abroad. This tends to suit the faster motor cars but I have often been told by Devious that the car has to be good for OTHERS to drive, not yourself.

Regards

John

Depending on what gets selected I may re enter my old proxy green machine - its only been lapping the inside of the slot box since it ran in a proxy a few years ago - plenty more scratches but no more miles on it

newrallycar4.jpg

newrallycar3.jpg

oops ahh forgot that car went missing need a new one

Edited by BMR

Depending on what gets selected I may re enter my old proxy green machine - its only been lapping the inside of the slot box since it ran in a proxy a few years ago - plenty more scratches but no more miles on it

You could probably leave the good 'ole tyres on it.snipe.gif

You could probably leave the good 'ole tyres on it.snipe.gif

Someone else is using it now , I forgot the thing got nicked so I will need to get a new rally car .

So we all know that the NC1 & NC2 motors are the way to go, but they are pretty hard to come by these days without buy a car attached to the motor. Can anyone shed some light on what might be a suitable replacement? There are the NC8's but at over 30 bucks they are a bit on the pricey side. The BWA motors are no more so what is left? Has anyone tried the Pioneer Typhoon? I think Obslith had one last year and it went pretty good. Any other suggestions?