X-Treme Trax Dapto

jimmyslots 1950

Series 2 kicked off on Thursday night with the Plafit Mini Z's replacing our Nascars as our 2nd class to back up the Slotworx Aussie V8's.About this time I usually rave about how close the racing is but if you look closely at the total best lap times for the Slotworx in the far right column you'll notice the first 6 finishers are separated by .2 of a second for their best laps on each colour lane.Here's the race sheets & apiccy of Glennies new slot box & Michael sent me a Panorama pic of our group. Rd%201%20MINI%20Z%20Series%202%202015%20001_zpsbwlsvj71.jpgRd%201%20Slotworx%20series%202%202015%20001_zpss2jpgltl.jpgslot%20box%20001_zpsc1n2usow.jpgIMG_0384_zpsw5ttsct5.jpg Cheers Jimmy :D :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great night of racing at X-Treme last Thursday night with 17 racers attending to do battle with Plafit Mini Z's & Cams Slotworx Aussie V8's.I was very impressed with the way in which Jules drove in Slotworx,his car is as fast as anyones & he drove a very calculated race making sure to concentrate on accumulating laps rather than doing fastest laps all the time,well done Jules,but watch out Your best mate Troy is on your tail waiting for you to make a Bo Bo :D :D Steve E had a good result with arch rival Troy sharing equal 3rd place & both will be joining Jules further up the leader board very soon. :D :D Great to see Gormo make a return to slotties & looked very happy with his first drive of the Slotworx V8's.Both races were cut to shorter race times due to software & power supply problems :blink::wacko::angry: .Here's the race sheetsRd%202%20Mini%20Z%20001_zps0rx0byck.jpg rD%202%20sLOTWORX%20001_zpsldi3cnt8.jpg Cheers Jimmy :D :D

Some very interesting results on Thursday night at X-Treme with a 3 way tie for first in Slotworx with Chris,Greg & myself doing 151 laps,Brooksy had a good race result for a second placing with John's V8 after Glen gave the chassis a tune up,I think John will be a very happy racer next week with Brooksy setting the fastest laps on 5 out of 6 lanes.Steve E had a good result in Zed cars to just miss a podium with some very respectable times with his HSV Honda.Here's the race sheets.Rd%203Mini%20Z%20SERIES%202%20001_zpsp1015qib.jpg Rd%203%20Slotworx%20series%202%20001_zpsloo1kwlg.jpg Cheers Jimmy :D

Congratulations Team X-Treme for winning the Slotworx teams enduro at the Scale Model Nats in Adelaide last night.Team consisted of Brooksy (our adopted Daptoid for special events)Jules(a very good newby that will gain lots of confidence from the win)Tupperware Greg(if there is a slot race on somewhere in Australia,he'll be there)& lastly Captain Slow,with the slow soon to be deleted from his profile. :D Haven't got much info except for they were running Gregs sad eyes Commodore(did you get that Steve.... COMMODORE) :D :D here's a happy snap at the presentation with Chris from T Birds. Nats%202015%20005_zpsjftgaitt.jpg

Awesome news ! Well done boys great to be the first of many champions in the v8 s . Bloody brilliant , great to see my fellow mid pack runner Jules on the Podium at a national level . Don't think you will be in the mid pack anymore. Bugger another fast bloke at Dapto !

Really happy for Jules,as a newby he's been improving every week & 2 weeks ago he was 1 lap behind the winner so he's no mug & definitely a contender each week.Some more bad news Glennie ,currently re tuning Joe's & the 2 Steves cars & they will be much better race cars on Thursday night. :D :D I might sit out Thursday night & watch all the duels as there are going to be some very equal & fast cars.Yee Haa, & then there will be some Fords just to make up the numbers & give the Holdens someone to terrorise. :PB):rolleyes: Cheers Jimmy :D PS Brooksy won Mini Z's,Cam was .4 sec behind in 2nd,now that's close,Greg & Jules also in the Final so the boys are having a very good weekend,Better warn Brooksy & Cam its Double demerit points for speeding this week end. :D

With world champs,Multiple Aust champs , master car builders like you, Chris and Cam it's a very hard school ! Love it so much , great to see our boys on the podium so much . Shane also awesome job with multiple wins and what looks from here a fantastic weekend . Hope to get to some of these events soon ! Frustrated spectator !

Last Thursday night with half the crew in Adelaide for the Scale Model Nats we had 8 contenders for a Mini Z & Can-Am race & unearthed some future champions with Glennie winning the Zed cars & Steve E having his first win at Dapto in Can-Am.Steve T also picked up 2 3rd places & it will be interesting to see if their good results has given them more confidence.new%20champs%20001_zpsjyqbj6xq.jpg Cheers Jimmy :D :D

Sorry for the crude post but I haven't stopped laughing all afternoon. Sorry Jules had no idea what the modern day meaning was.

Hoolio

A cracked-out man whore who's willing to lick a @@@@ for another rock. A Hoolio isn't necessarily @@@, but will sell @@@@ to satisfy lust for drugs. Masculine derivative of hoochie.

Edited by Chris1810

Troops are back from Adelaide with many a good story of their weekend at the Model Car Nats ,regardless of where they finished they all enjoyed their time at Thunderbird on probably the best Slot raceway in the country.Good to see every one had a good time & raced in the right spirit as we do every week at X-Treme :D Brooksy & Cam continued their winning ways with a win each in Slotworx & Mini Z's.Tupperware Greg's national winning Slotworx was 6 laps off the pace in a hot field & has been put in for its monthly service so watch out next week for a return to the pointy end.Here's the race sheets.Rd%204%20Mini%20Z%20001_zpsmkfteh5i.jpg Cheers Jimmy :D :D

Edited by jimmyslots 1950

• 2 weeks later...

With a cold & rainy night last Thursday we still had 15 brave souls attend X-Treme Trax for Rd 5 of Slotworx & Plafit Mini Z.Glennie had a very good win in Slotworx & proved that even cars with the extra detail can win when the chassis is well tuned.Steve E took 2nd just 2 laps down & 1 in front of Worlld champ Brooksy & Master chassis tuner Chris in 3rd.In Mini Z 3 racers finished in equal 2nd on 118 laps & 4 in equal 3rd on 114 laps just to keep the racing close as usual.Here's the race sheets. Rd%205%20Mini%20Z%20001_zpsqpqjedhl.jpg Rd%205%20Slotworx%20001_zpsjl2c4bbq.jpg Cheers Jimmy :D :D

A very frustrating night of racing at X-Treme last Thursday with power supply problems interrupting the racing & finally in the Slotworx race the Computer froze with the chequered flag in sight. The most disappointing part is that there were some usually middle order racers that had improved their cars big time & they didn't get to see their improvements with the race results,Thats going to make this weeks race very interesting as from what I've seen recently I believe there are 10 to 12 racers that have a real chance of a win which reinforces Cams concept of close racing with equal cars. :D :D Mini Z's had a few power trips {had a few of those myself way back}but the computer stayed together to give the results with the top 5 only separated by 2 laps.Great to see Glennie on the podium again with a well earned equal 2nd & another great drive from Joe to pick up a 3rd.They are 2 of the keenest racers at X-Treme & now all their car preparation is starting to pay off,well done :DRd%206%20Mini%20Z%20001_zpsxknzbjuu.jpg Cheers Jimmy :D :D

Great report Jim , loving the racing and the Slotworx v8s second series . The field has closed up and the racing has been awesome to be involved in . You do have to be on your best every week to feature.It's a very high standard group to race in which can only improve us all as drivers . Loving the challenge to get better at race craft through all the close racing.I think the level of etiquette has also improved in this series . Thanks to all for a great Thursday night of fantastic fun and mateship .

Cheers Pagey

Another fantastic night of racing at X-Treme last Thursday,with the computer crashing last week & with no results for the last round of the Slotworx it was decided to re run Rd 6 to complete the series.A very close race with the top 3 finishing on equal laps & as it turns out the same 3 finished at the top for the series.The second race was another Slotworx handicap with the top 7 starting each bracket after the lap counter & the bottom 7 starting before the lap counter.The Slotworx are proving by far the most enjoyable class to race with only a few cars just off the pace.When we started racing the Slotworx a lap of 5.9 was a good one but now with a better understanding of the chassis tune they look to have maxed out at a low 5.6 which is just a nice pace for the Pitstop track at X-Treme. Here's the race sheets & some piccys of new cars. Rd%206%20Slotworx%20001_zpsrpdpiala.jpg Slotworx%20Handycap%20001_zps1q8irilg.jpg Big Al's pulled over another innocent trucker :D :D Big%20Als%20slotworx%20007_zpsqosdpq3a.jpg Michaels Datto Big%20Als%20slotworx%20013_zpsfb7b0mta.jpg Cams new dunnydore :DBig%20Als%20slotworx%20014_zpswvcxwhh7.jpg Cheers Jimmy :D :D

Great Jim , any list of the overall top five drivers for series as per Chris requirements for the up coming Enduro. Top three clear but other two so we can sort out the enduro teams . Thanks mate .

Cheers Pagey

Great Jim , any list of the overall top five drivers for series as per Chris requirements for the up coming Enduro. Top three clear but other two so we can sort out the enduro teams . Thanks mate .

Cheers Pagey

I'll post series results tomorrow, your team is safe,but now it's time for the Brittish GP Cheers Jimmy :D :D

Series 2 Slotworx & Mini Z has been completed with an average of 16 entrants each week,a very healthy number for a commercial raceway.As usual the Slotworx races are the one to look forward to & in the last couple of rounds the field has tightened with more cars performing better as we all get a better handle on how to tune the chassis & drive them to their potential.A comment was made last week from a consistent front runner that he had to drive them at 10 tenths to pass anyone & I can back that up myself as I usually slip into a 9 tenths mode but with these cars they can be easily driven flat out & I think this is why I'm enjoying my racing so much,thanks for the concept Cam :D Here's both Final results for series 2 & look forward to Thursday night for the start of series 3 where the Plafit Can-Am Sports will be the back up class for the Slotworx Aussie V8's Series%202%20Mini%20Z%20FINAL%20001_zps7ba0rh2l.jpg Slotworx%20aussie%20v8%20series%202%20001_zpsr9v8ztnx.jpg Cheers Jimmy :D :D

Edited by jimmyslots 1950