choc-ice

3D Modelling A Slot Car - Dodge Monaco

Those are quite magnificent! I love the idea of the cars lurching about on the saggy US suspension.. be just like on telly!

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Time to bring this up to date! I've used the Sheriff's car as police car in most of my videos at some point

And as most people buy them to use with an orange car, I thought I'd do the same. No video yet, but I took some photos. When I can think of a storyboard for the video I'll shoot one :wacko:

gallery_2098_1634_60582_zpsfb7eaca5.jpg

Fitted with Scalextric digital chips and SureChange guide to never miss a lane change, even with the tail out and leaning over. The chassis is much simpler to build if you compare the photo below with the original at the top of this page. And it's easier to adapt to other bodyshells.

gallery_2098_1634_18234_zpsc1b5785e.jpg

IMAG0002_zps1b4187e0.jpg

VIDEO0017_0000009555_zpsdf635535.jpg

Edited by choc-ice

3D modelling a slot car - Dodge Monaco

Love it...

They just keep getting better and better...

The digital idea is great as it lets you run 5x Cops and 1x Bandit...

The aim can then be to box the bandit in... lol.

I don't suppose choc ice is still around or these are still available??

(Nothing like being a bit late to the party...)

Not been on since 2016...

If you have everything under control you're not trying hard enough

Nice project But do tell us the cost if getting the chassis made on the 3d printer.

If you already have a 3D printer (and that's around £18,000 or 28,000 Australian dollars - yikes!) then the cost is very reasonable, less than £10 or 15 Aus dollars per chassis. Unfortunately for those who don't have one and use an agency it's more like 3 or 4 times that. But ordering in quantities brings the price down a lot. Instead of making a dedicated chassis for the Dodge Monaco, I might do better making the chassis adjustable wheelbase, then I've got a chance to sell more so it's more affordable.

Holy Cr*p, how times have changed.

Printer now AU$150, chassis AU$0.30 + electricity

• Upvote 1

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

On 4/29/2020 at 7:30 AM, ZeGas said:

Holy Cr*p, how times have changed.

Printer now AU$150, chassis AU$0.30 + electricity

So ZeGas, are you making chassis in Australia? 

yes and no, I was but everything is in storage while we build our new house.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects