1St Track Idea

DrGore

Hey guys,

So end of this week i will be ordering a heap of scx digital gear, the track below is what i am going to be starting with.

let me know what you think.

also only just bought track power 1.6.5 so first time using it. (be kind) haha

1sttrackidea.jpg

Edited by DrGore

if your not first your last !

No knowledge of SCX digital system but first time I have seen track with single lane incorporated on some corners. Can see reason on chicane type wiggle but not so sure on big curve. Notice you have left other with two lanes. Have to admit however that I do not generally like squeezes and like as they are just missed passing ops to my mind (for slot cars anyway). Apart from that single lane sections should provide interesting aspect to track but will be interested to hear how they go in practice.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

DrGore, am I correct in the understanding that the black curve section is one of the low grip curves (ice, mud, what have you)? Haven't had a great deal of experience with either digital or SCX possibilities. Nothing that jumps out as being particularly unworkable or nasty to me. I'd use one of the benefits of plastic track and build it, run on it, and change it as you desire. Nothing beats trial and error for coming up with a workable track that will keep you entertained.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Yes the black single lane corner is a drift style/sliding corner. Reason for using big cornor towarsd the end is because scx d make a banked curve set thats just looks cool and i wanted to use it lol.

I think this track will flow well and has plenty lane changes. Nice straight plenty of cornors.

Cnt wait to try it out

• 2 weeks later...

Scrap that idea,

After playing around with track power for a few weeks ive created many different lay outs, this is one that ill be actually put together and raceing on. Its only small (compared to alot of the tracks you guys have on here) but i think itll be fun yet challenging to race 3 cars on.

Newtracklayout.jpg