1. Flood Auction Information

dangermouse

Flood_Appeal.jpg

Welcome to the Auslot Queensland Flood Relief Auction.

Over the next few weeks there will be a number of cars auctioned to raise funds for the Queensland Flood Relief Appeal. A number of members, site sponsors and suppliers have donated cars.

Each car will have its own thread where bids can be placed. Each auction will run for a speciifed time which will be advertised in the thread for that car - in most cases the auction will be 7 days. If you would like to bid on a car post a message with your bid amount in the thread for that car. Posting to the auction will automatically close at the specified time. The winner will be the highest bidder at the close of the auction. This is not an eBay auction, please bid within the spirit and intent of this auction.

Auction closing times will be advertised in the thread for the car and regular updates and auction progress will be posted here. My link

At the close of the auction, I will notify the winning bidder. Do not make your donation until I have contacted you. I will ask you to make a donation for the winning bid amount to the Queensland Flood Appeal. Donations can be made online or at major banks. You will then forward a copy of the receipt (screenshot, or scan or email) to me. I will notify winners of my email address.

I must receive a copy of your receipt and your postal address before the donor will ship your car. Shipping will only be on instruction from myself, please do not PM the donor. In most cases shipping will be direct from the donor of the car. In the event that the winning bidder does not provide evidence of a donation to the Flood Appeal or does not respond to PMs within a reasonable time the car/item may be offered to the next highest bidder or the auction re-opened. False bids or last minute bids really aren't in the spirit of the intent of the auction. If you make a bid in error contact me via PM and I will try to assist you.

I would like to thank, Ember, Cleveland, Miveson, Yngwie, Shodan, Mexico 2000, ChrisfromCrewe, Tooter, Jules from Pioneer Slot Cars, Chris from Thunderbird Slot Racing, Graham (zagato/Rapide) from GP Minatures, Pete from Mobile Raceways, David Reinecke from RMS Resins and Maurizio from Slot.it for their support in donating cars. I would also like to thank Jacob and the Auslot moderators for their support.

cheers

David

Other Auction Details (The fine print)

• Cars with a red X folder are upcoming auctions they will be posted soon ;the Update topic will let you know when new cars are posted.
  • Some cars may have a reserve set, this will be advertised with the auction for that car. If the car does not meet the reserve by the end of the auction then the duration may be extended. Final sale of a car that does not meet the reserve will be at the discretion of the donor.
  • All cars/kits are new in box unless indicated in the auction. Descriptions are based on information provided by the donor. If you need further information please ask before bidding.
  • Whilst Overseas bidders are welcome. Please bare in mind the majority of donors are fellow slot enthusiasts - whilst they may be happy to meet the cost of posting overseas, bidders may want to consider contributing to the cost of the postage. Please bare this in mind when bidding. This can be negotiated with individual donors.
  • You need to be a member of the forum to place a bid.
  • Cars have been donated by members or suppliers. My role is coordinating this forum area for the auction. I am not responsible for the posting of cars, but will try to assist if there are issues.

Edited by dangermouse
  • Upvote 1

With the first three auctions closed, I would once again like to thank the supporters of this auction

Members:

Ember, Cleveland, Miveson, Yngwie, Shodan, Mexico 2000, ChrisfromCrewe, Tooter, Graham (zagato/Rapide) from GP Minatures

Sponsors and Manufacturers

• Jules from Pioneer Slot Cars,
  • Chris from Thunderbird Slot Racing
  • Pete from Mobile Raceways
  • Maurizio from Slot.it

for their support in donating items.

Jacob and the Auslot moderators for their support in setting up the thread

and to the members for supporting the auctions.

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse

• 3 weeks later...

Hi dangermouse, I received the yellow Slot.it Porsche 956 today. It was beautifully packaged & is in perfect order. The paint job & presentation courtesy of Chrisfromcrewe who painted & donated the car is faultless.

Thanks to all concerned for doing what you are, & so well too.

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

Photos of my track in progress.

The Slot.it Audi turned up today.............................Very very impressed.

Must thank, slot.it for the generous donation of the clear Audi, Armchair Racer for a very well packed package and to everyone involved on here that made it possible to run the auctions for such a worthy cause.

Great effort DM & gang.........................

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

• 2 weeks later...

The Datsun 510, body arrived today in perfect order.

My thanks to you David Reinecke, the body is beautifully made.

At this stage I intend to adapt it to an NSR Ford GT40 chassis. I will have to flare the rear guards & possibly the front ones a little also. I hope you don't mind David? ;)

Edited by inveterate retiree

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you sir for participating in the auction. Enjoy the build and let me know how it turns out!

When I eventually get around to building it I'll post photos. Please don't have too high expectations for my ability, it has been a good 40 years since I stopped making models & creating bodies for my old Scalextric set.

When I do get around to it, I'll be posting the odd question here regarding the techniques that I need to know about. I know I'll get great advice here. Which is nice. :)

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

The Aston Martin Zagato from GP Miniatures arrived yesterday, and i must say it's one of the cleanest resin kits i've seen

DSC02750.jpg

At first glance all it needs is a light sand, no burs no dags just a nice clean body

DSC02751.jpg

With some serious chassis mounts

DSC02752.jpg

Looking forward to building this one up .... thanks Graham

DSC02755.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I've been away for a few days visiting my old mum. Whilst away in the big smoke, I picked up a Dremel 400, & a big thing full of Dremel attachments.

I'm looking forward to being able to finely modify slot car bodies to suit my needs with this thing, & also to being able to do dental work on my grand children.

What kind of putty/filler to you use to build flared guards.

Also, does the same stuff work for filling cavities in teeth?

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

Glad to know it has arrived safe and sound Gazza. Brilliant bit of kit, isn't it? Even cleaner and sharper than the PP kits.

IR, I'd suggest a UV set epoxy for teeth, mixed into a paste with a touch of clove oil. Do it properly and you'll be able to charge the neighbours half the price of a regular dentist. Will still keep you in slots for a lifetime.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

So do I just add the remnants of their teeth to a bit of araldite to create the the flared guards of my desire?

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

Flared gaurds are best made from styrene sheet and a little Automotive filler to finish the job.

Thanks, I truly needed that. :)

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

• Members

No members to show

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    BS Slot Cars