1/24 Cox Brm F1 - G.Hill Build

4 replies to this topic

#1 brityank

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:11 AM

Now that the Cobra is finished it's onto to finishing this project. It's a Cox BRM and I wanted to do a light detail version of Graham Hill's car. I'm using some rivets on this car and will try to do a portrait of Mr Hill in his day. Should be fun to do;)

Posted Image

#2 brityank

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:55 AM

Okay, I'm finished with this one. I wanted to do a little more detail than normal but still keep the history in this slot car. I sand blasted the chassis and wheels. I'll have a go at the Cox Ferrari next with some extra detail added.

Posted Image

#3 Mohawkk

prettiest rally car 2011-12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

Wow
Bloody great looking car there
Love,
Kai Posted Image

#4 inveterate retiree

umm?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

Truly brityank, you surely have the touch for dealing with fine detail.

Amazing looking car!

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.
Well I don't now.
I'm over it!

Photos of my track in progress.

#5 Captain

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:15 AM

Really great work on all your builds - I should comment on ALL of them... they are truly spectacular.

Just a few quick questions from a complete novice...

Where do you get the rivets from?

How do you apply them? - I assume it's just the rivet head. I couldn't imagine you'd use glue as the glue would go everywhere on such a small rivet head. If you do use glue - how do you stop in smudging all over the body while you are sticking the rivets on... or do you just let it go and sand it all off later?

How do you apply the rivets in such an organised manner - nice straight lines. I imagine it comes down to a whole heap of skill and patience.

Awesome!!!

Just a quick edit - I can see a lot of the professional finish comes down to the polish... you can see a big difference in the paint finish from the "work in progress body" to the finished product... I'll re read some of your other posts, but if you could just quickly explain your polishing process it would be much appreciated. I read you use about 3 cans of clear... Is it just Tamiya TS13? Do you just use automotive polish?... with a similar system to polishing your car, is it just by hand or do use some kind of small buffing machine.

Edited by Captain, 01 February 2011 - 01:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users