Looking For Items For A Flood Appeal Auction

dangermouse

Having seen Mondeoman starting the ball running with a car he listed and Gazza's post re Armchair's auction for the Flood Appeal I am wondering if there is interest in starting a general Auslot Flood Appeal auction like the Bush Fire one of a couple of years ago.

I am prepared to coordinate the auction, so what I am asking for are people prepared to donate to get the ball rolling. If you have a car or other slot related / or racing related item you would be prepared to donate for an auction or If you have a contact with one of our sponsors and could discuss the possibility of them donating an item for the auction could you please send me a PM (rather than a reply here).

I thought the Bush Fire auction was a successful one. Please let me know if you can help out.

I will start a new thread listing the available items and the timing for the auction. Details of how the auction will work will be included in the new thread if there is interest in getting this rolling.

Any advice or other assistance with running the auction is also welcome please send me a PM as well

thanks

DM

I have had some good responses through out the day.

Thank you to those that have already indicated their support including the Auslot staff.

Things are shaping up nicely, if you have a contact at one of the sponsors or distributors of slot cars that you could follow up for me that would be appreciated.

cheers

David

Good luck with this.

Here is a car I painted some time back. It's a new Slot It Porsche 956 with just a couple of test laps. It's a pretty close repaint of the original car and a lot better than the Scalextric version.

I am posting it off to Dangermouse today for him to list it up, please bid on it. It's a very good cause and I'll be more than embarrassed if it doesn't fetch any money.

froma.jpg

P1060163.jpg

Ashes to ashes funk to funky we all know Chris is a junkie.

Thanks Chris

the car looks fantastic...

I plan on getting the details together over the next couple of days. Jacob has offered some features of the bulletin board that might take a couple of days for me to get my head around. I am hopeful to start the auction off over the weekend. (So don't start bidding on Chris' car yet)

Looking to run each auction for a week. I have received an initial offering from members of 6 cars. I will get these started and organised and then if any additional cars come in I will start them off and run them for one week as well.

The plan is to have a separate thread for each car/item on offer and folks can bid via the forum, with the highest bid by close of the auction being the winner. Winners would then need to make a donation to the Flood appeal (looking at this either being via the Salvo Flood appeal or the Qld Govt Flood Appeal site, in most cases this can be done online or at any major bank) after this they forward a copy of the receipt to me (via post or email) with their postal details, I will then advise the donor and they will forward the car on to you.

Happy to receive any suggestions or feedback on the best way to do this.

cheers

David

Thanks to all the people who have offered to donate cars.

With offers from members, sponsors and suppliers I am looking at 10 cars for the auction.

Jacob has assisted me with an area of the forum which I am setting up today/tonight

Details will be available through the auction forum.

Looking forward to running this and to the support of fellow slot fans.

cheers

DM

All systems are go. See the forum and post from Jacob

If you want to become involved by donating a car please contact me via PM - otherwise check out the cars and happy bidding.

Please spread the word around your slot car groups.

There are some great cars on offer.

This is a really worthwhile course.

Many communities have been devastated by this flood. Not just in Brisbane, the flood affected area is as large as NSW.

My work has adopted a small school in Western Queensland - they lost their entire library of books, many teaching resources and materials.

cheers

DM

• 2 weeks later...

David, I'll post you some photos of things with a write up next week (I'll stagger them so you don't get a monster attachment download), I'll leave it to you to decide whether they are suitable or not.

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

Photos of my track in progress.