Yngwie

Race Coordinator (Software)

I don't have a USB Trakmate board but pic one indicates thst you have communication from software to board.

The USB driver you loaded with Trakmate makes the USB port a virtual Serial Port.

Do check accept after you configure the port?

Then you must UPDATE the track.

You may need to check or uncheck invert relays.

The Parallel port setup is only for When you are actually using a parallel with no interface or some form of other interface

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Cheers Phil, I have done all those things you suggest but no luck. It will be something simple but I can't get my head around it.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

ok Phil, I reset everything and boom she works...not sure how, why or the wotnow but thanks for your input.

Good luck sorting out the intricacies of RC, you'll really enjoy how much control, realtime info and stats you get out of it.

Phil, what are you currently running it on? I'm trying to set it up today to run quali and a race on DS - the worst possible option in my book. Trying to convince the newly started club to run without DS, so will be taking both an Arduino and parallel port setup along to show them the benefits.

wosautos12.gif

I have RC running on several setups in our club.

One Hillclimb track is running on parallel port using SS relay direct from port.

One rally track using genuine Ardunio, one using generic Ardunio.

3 and 4 lane tracks using genuine Ardunio,generic and 3 still on Trakmste interface via serial.

As the old PC die we are introducing Ardunio,s via USB.

So I am not much help with DS.

We have been using Trakmate for over 15 years so convincing guys to change has taken a long time.

But now only have one track still using Trakmate software.

Phil

Tassie Resins

Email

Hi Dave,

Not to sure if i put this request in the right section in SlotForum, so i thought it would be better posting it here. We would like to see the following features added to the next update Race Coordinator, Hopefully by the Start of November to help us run our upcoming State Titles more efficiently. if not not to worry.

1. Track Call Button when False Lap Occurs

When a car jumps/rides over the lap counter on another lane, the system currently detects that there is a false lap, however the race continues meaning that the driver loses their lap. We would like to add an automatic track call where the track power turns off when a false lap is detected, with the opportunity to either allow or disallow the false lap. Once the race director has made a decision, using the restart sequence, the race will continue from the amount of time left.

2. Last Heat finish off Last lap.

Currently if you run a round robin rotation with the same amount of lanes and drivers (i.e. 6 lanes and 6 drivers in race), and run it with Dead Start, Start next heat from current location with do not allow finish, at the end of the last heat the cars finish spread out across the track. If you have 18 drivers, that's 3 groups of the same race, therefore the race director manually needs to work out who finishes in front if you if 2 or more people finish on the same lap.Like in the real world of motorsport we would like to see ONLY the last heat have a last lap/bell lap so that all cars finish the race at the finish line, with a time factor determining who is in front. this can therefore determine who is the winner if 2 or more people finish on the same lap. Currently your 'Allow Complete Finish' allows all heats to finish off their last lap.

e.g. Race Results

Driver A - Heat A - 86 Laps, Last Lap/Bell Lap - 1.276 seconds

Driver B - Heat B - 86 Laps, Lat Lap/Bell Lap - 1.693 seconds

Driver C - Heat A - 86 Laps, Last Lap/Bell Lap - 3.275 seconds

We appropriate all that you have done thus far. The guys down at Dapto have loved the change from Trackmate thus far and we will keep using this fantastic system in the future.

Cheers,

Brooksy

Brooksy

V8,

Did you post to the "RC 2.0 Feature Requests" topic on SF? I don't want to link it here because that just doesn't seem right. But you should post your requests there so they're properly tracked.

#1 is a very good idea as an option. Not sure how many people would want it, but it seems like a fair thing to do to me...

#2 is harder. I'm not sure RC can figure out where a car is when a heat ends and the car doesn't go over the finish line one last time. In the example you give it makes total sense to allow the last heat a driver is in to force this situation, however what happens in the other cases where one driver is on their last lap but one or more other drivers on the track are not... now you have a big mess.

Right now the idea is basically for the Race Director to manually add in the lap sections.

For what its worth, there's also a suggestion to somehow display the drivers previous lap sections so placing a driver back onto the track where they left off would be easier to do. If you run all of a drivers heats one after another this isn't too big a deal, but if you don't it would be a huge help.

V8,

#2 is harder. I'm not sure RC can figure out where a car is when a heat ends and the car doesn't go over the finish line one last time. In the example you give it makes total sense to allow the last heat a driver is in to force this situation, however what happens in the other cases where one driver is on their last lap but one or more other drivers on the track are not... now you have a big mess.

Hi Dave

I have been talking to Brooksy(V8) about this for a while

I'm not sure if this changes anything but all drivers will be on there last lap of the whole race Eg 6 drivers on a 6 lane track at the end of the 6th heat

Time has run out and we need to the time taken after the bell to cross the Finish line.

Thanks Rodney

As Dave mentioned there is a long thread over on Slot Forum for requests for things to add the RC2 when it is eventually released.

http://www.slotforum...0

If you copy and post on that thread Dave will be able to gauge better how much interest there is.

Dave the "Forum police" down here are very good,unlike other Forums they allow links that would get deleted on the others.

This is Forum is run by slotters for slotters, just to promote the hobby.

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Tassie Resins

Email

Definitely post this on the other thread.

But what I'll say is that although your race format and conditions can guarantee all drivers in a heat will be on their last heat at the same time, not all configurations will. That makes this situation a very special case. One of the hardest things to deal with in RC is how to add a feature that works with any/all race setups. Not just a single one in particular.

If tons of people say they race this way, then even a specialized feature like this one can be considered would be worth doing, otherwise it poses a lot of problems. I'm not saying no, but I'm saying it'll take a lot of thought/consideration and off the top of my head it isn't likely.

Definitely post this on the other thread.

But what I'll say is that although your race format and conditions can guarantee all drivers in a heat will be on their last heat at the same time, not all configurations will. That makes this situation a very special case. One of the hardest things to deal with in RC is how to add a feature that works with any/all race setups. Not just a single one in particular.

If tons of people say they race this way, then even a specialized feature like this one can be considered would be worth doing, otherwise it poses a lot of problems. I'm not saying no, but I'm saying it'll take a lot of thought/consideration and off the top of my head it isn't likely.

Thanks for replying so quickly Dave. I have put the request into SlotForum for future review (Refer to RC2: Future Requests - Post 60 - Page 4 - 27 Aug 2015).

Also after doing some testing, i have realised that you have already programmed in a feature that sorts out the last lap issue. I believe it sorts the drivers that finish on the same lap in order on when they crossed the line before the timer runs out. (i.e. If driver A crosses the line 5 seconds before the end he/she will finish in front of driver B if they cross the line 3 seconds before the timer runs out/hits 0).

Rod - We'll most likely run a Round Robin Format with all drivers, however Dave has added this fantastic Group feature in which it allows us to Group Drivers. We'll base this on the Qualifying time Race. (i.e. 18 Drivers = Heats 1 to 6 - Bottom 6 drivers, Heats 7 to 12 - Middle 6 Drivers, Heats 13 to 18 - Top Group Drivers). I'll show you more on Thursday when we do our trial race. With the Lost Laps, we'll tell the guys to keep it on their track otherwise it's their fault for coming off.

Thank you for your time and input! Much Appreciated.

Brooksy

Edited by Scalextric V8

Brooksy

Just a heads up but be careful with the group options. The group leader board will show the individual group rankings, but the main leader board will show the overall standings. The overall standings always includes N number of drivers from each group at the top. That may or may not be what you're looking for...

I have searched through here but no doubt, with 37 pages, I may have missed what I am after.

Apologies if I am repeating.

Is there a way in RC to set up a two lane, one race event. (No Heats).

I can see one lane but anything over that appears to all be some form of round robin.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

I set up a "Custom Rotation" for a 2 lane single race.

Thanks Branco,

That was easy.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

Lol, it had to be easy for me to work it out!!

Probably like most of you I do more laps by myself testing cars than I do racing. I have this idea of tracking the cars performance. So would I be able to setup cars instead of drivers in Race Coordinator and will it keep stats on the cars.

Say I choose say Ninco Jag #3 as the car and do 20 laps - will it then keep stats on the lap times or even only the best lap. So that next time I run that car say after some tuning I can look and see if I have improved my best lap time. It would be good if I could export the data to a spreadsheet then I could keep an updated list of cars and compare different cars Jag #3 vs Jag #36 - I can do all this manually with a book but having the computer do it all would be better.

My second idea would then to set the cars instead of drivers and then have a single lane race where instead of driver names I have a names of the cars e.g. classic sports cars. Each car races for 25 laps and at the end I find the winner? It would be good to save these results as well so that next time I race classic sports cars I can compare again to see if the placings are the same.

Currently I haven't put a timing system on my track - I use my phone to get lap times when I want to know them. I have an IR rig so once I change my 2 lane track into a 1 laner I plan on installing a timer and set up Race Coordinator (which currently I have very limited experience with - one of the places I have raced at was running it.)

cheers

David

Never tried it that way David, but you could always try and name the drivers with the car name - put the manufacturer in as the nickname and you'd have stacks of data available for export.

As Phil says, download the latest Beta - the output is cracking.

wosautos12.gif

Hmmm, I will have to have another look at the latest RC...

Sector timing, and a better output sound's like a great change...

ps. Love how this software has been continually developing...

I have had sector timing working with one extra sensor for a couple of weeks using Daves UI. But have now decided I want 3 sectors so I am moving the extra sensor and adding another, then need to finfpd time to alter the UI to show the sectors.

Phil

Tassie Resins

Email

Must look into this, it would save me having to run a two lane race on my one lane track to get sector timing.

Cheers Grant

Hmm, thanks for that ZeGas...

When I have my main track in 'rally' mode, it's runs through the light bridge twice for 1 lap (once in each lane).

So it will be very easy to test for me...