Yngwie

Race Coordinator (Software)

Don't encourage him. This looks better :o

Stu

Old racers race harder

FYI, I pulled v1.3.1.2 from the site. v1.3.1.3 is now up there. There was a problem with the Trakmate interface and refueling. ANYBODY using trakmate and v1.3.1.2 absolutely needs to update versions. In many cases this particular bug could affect lap counting even in non-fuel races

Sorry about that one, the bug got introduced by a last minute parallel port optimization. Totally my bad. Thanks to all the people who reported this issue that I basically thought were crazy :o

-Dave

Hi Guys,

I'v just downloaded this race programe and it looks to be good stuff but I have 2 questions and they are:

1) How do I get all drivers to race in each lane against each driver?

2) How do I make a costume race pane?

If anyone can help me out that would be great.

Cheers, Waldo

FYI, I'm working with some people to resolve the Trakmate fuel issues. Oddly the only people with the issues seem to be Aussies which simply means you all have a slightly different Trakmate hardware setup than I do. Basically I've been doing test builds to try and track the problem down because fuel support works flawlessly for me.

If Anybody else would like to receive the test builds, send me a private message (ideally an email so I can send the information over email which is easier for me) and I'll send out further instructions including how to download the test build. I already have some help but the more the merrier (:

Sorry for this problem. I personally have done a lot of testing of the fuel support with the Trakmate hardware and I'm not seeing any of the problems reported...

-Dave

Thanks Dave. I kept getting the problem we spoke about as well!

Regards

John

Schuey,

RC now does have fuel support. The builds are in beta. So far the beta is going well, except sadly for the Aussies... There's a problem with the fuel code and your particular hardware that we're trying to run down. As long as you guys support me helping figure out the problem, it will get figured out.

-Dave

Does this now support fuel races?

Waldo,

Did you get my email regarding these questions? You're going to need custom race files for #1. I'm tempted to add that support directly into RC, but for now custom race formats are the way to go.

I gave you some good pointers for #2 in the email. For others, mostly you need to check out the "KitchenSink.xaml" which has a lot of comments in it and shows you how to setup just about everything RC offers. I also pointed out you should download this editor from Microsoft:

C# Express

It's free and will let you visualize your screens as you work on them. Plus let you manually edit the code at the same time. It's what I use to build the screens and all the ones I've provided should load in it with no problems.

I'm always here to help as well but I'll need more specifics to really help any further.

-Dave

Hi Guys,

I'v just downloaded this race programe and it looks to be good stuff but I have 2 questions and they are:

1) How do I get all drivers to race in each lane against each driver?

2) How do I make a costume race pane?

If anyone can help me out that would be great.

Cheers, Waldo

Edited by Race Coordinator

got my race heats sorted once I watched the youtube vids, very helpfull stuff.

as for the race pan it all over my head as I'm not a computer person and have know idea how to program. Hell I can't even program a vidio recorder!

Maybe in futur updates there maybe a an area in the program that Dummys like me can do basic changes to the race screen with out having to know Excel programing.

But hay I'm not having a go at anything or anyone, I've only had this program a week or so and from what I'v seen it is a very useable program and once I get my head round it I will be more then happy to past it round all the guys I race with.

I loved how it just worked first time with out any real setup work. I have tryed UR30 and had to make some curcit board thing to get it to even work but i did like the whole race setup, but it would count its own laps from time to time, then I tryed Laptime 2000 and it worked well with basic hardwear that I made from reading there instructions. Then the other day I found this program and its got the race setup i liked from UR30 and the ease and relyability of laptimer 2000.

Great work look forward to futur updates

Cheers Waldo

FYI, I'm working with some people to resolve the Trakmate fuel issues. Oddly the only people with the issues seem to be Aussies which simply means you all have a slightly different Trakmate hardware setup than I do. Basically I've been doing test builds to try and track the problem down because fuel support works flawlessly for me.

If Anybody else would like to receive the test builds, send me a private message (ideally an email so I can send the information over email which is easier for me) and I'll send out further instructions including how to download the test build. I already have some help but the more the merrier (:

Sorry for this problem. I personally have done a lot of testing of the fuel support with the Trakmate hardware and I'm not seeing any of the problems reported...

-Dave

Thanks Dave. I kept getting the problem we spoke about as well!

Regards

John

Hi Dave

Apart from Yngwie those of us having problems with Fuel Stops are not running Trackmate hardware although in my case I am using infrared LED's as is the case with Trackmte.

Gazza and I have been working together on identifying the problems.

I will send you an email

Tsmsoccer

Schuey,

RC now does have fuel support. The builds are in beta. So far the beta is going well, except sadly for the Aussies... There's a problem with the fuel code and your particular hardware that we're trying to run down. As long as you guys support me helping figure out the problem, it will get figured out.

-Dave

Hi Dave.

Yngwie, Charlie and the gang and I were discussing it at our race night on Saturday. I currently use UR3.0 (think I am the last of our group using it) mainly because of the fuel support. My setup has a pit lane with its own sensors. Yngwie mentioned that RC uses the one set of sensors, is this right? Is there a way to utilise the second set for fueling?

Here's my parallel harness setup:

10 Lane 1 detect

11 Lane 2 detect

12 Lane 3 detect

13 Lane 1 refuel

14 Lane 2 refuel

15 Lane 3 refuel

25 Gnd

Michael

Edited by schuey19

Awesome to hear. I will say that create custom race screens can be a challenge at first especially if you're not familiar with markup languages. I made it as easy as I could while still supporting basically anything you could ever want. I've also provided a bunch of different race day screens that cover 1 to 8 lanes and have varying things displayed.

If you want something marginally different let me know what you want and I can probably help. If you want something radically different I can still probably help but it will take longer and I'll need an image or something to go by. If you load the xaml files into that editor I linked to you can see visually what things are doing as well as the source. You still have to understand what each element is but Google can help there as well as the comments in the Kitchensink.

Doing custom race screens is definitely not for the novice user. But it can be learned by anybody (I picked it up from scratch when I got going) and others have done it...

-Dave

got my race heats sorted once I watched the youtube vids, very helpfull stuff.

as for the race pan it all over my head as I'm not a computer person and have know idea how to program. Hell I can't even program a vidio recorder!

Maybe in futur updates there maybe a an area in the program that Dummys like me can do basic changes to the race screen with out having to know Excel programing.

But hay I'm not having a go at anything or anyone, I've only had this program a week or so and from what I'v seen it is a very useable program and once I get my head round it I will be more then happy to past it round all the guys I race with.

I loved how it just worked first time with out any real setup work. I have tryed UR30 and had to make some curcit board thing to get it to even work but i did like the whole race setup, but it would count its own laps from time to time, then I tryed Laptime 2000 and it worked well with basic hardwear that I made from reading there instructions. Then the other day I found this program and its got the race setup i liked from UR30 and the ease and relyability of laptimer 2000.

Great work look forward to futur updates

Cheers Waldo

Michael,

I assume you still have to park over the track sensor in the pits to refuel? If that's the case, once the build stabilizes (IE, I work out what's wrong with Charlie and Gary I should be able to add that support in easy enough.

Schuey,

-Dave

Hi Dave.

Yngwie, Charlie and the gang and I were discussing it at our race night on Saturday. I currently use UR3.0 (think I am the last of our group using it) mainly because of the fuel support. My setup has a pit lane with its own sensors. Yngwie mentioned that RC uses the one set of sensors, is this right? Is there a way to utilise the second set for fueling?

10 Lane 1 detect

11 Lane 2 detect

12 Lane 3 detect

13 Lane 1 refuel

14 Lane 2 refuel

15 Lane 3 refuel

25 Gnd

Michael

Michael,

I assume you still have to park over the track sensor in the pits to refuel? If that's the case, once the build stabilizes (IE, I work out what's wrong with Charlie and Gary I should be able to add that support in easy enough.

Schuey,

-Dave

Hi Dave.

10 Lane 1 detect

11 Lane 2 detect

12 Lane 3 detect

13 Lane 1 refuel

14 Lane 2 refuel

15 Lane 3 refuel

25 Gnd

Michael

Yes you do Dave.

Thanks.

FYI, the fuel beta releases have been pulled from the site. The fuel support works for most people however there's a serious problem with the new Race Setup format. Essentially for those that have downloaded any of the v1.3.1.x beta versions DO NOT use the

Basic or Intermediate Race Wizard setups to create a race. They leave some aspects of the race uninitialized and in some cases that can cause crashing or the race to behave badly. The Advanced Race Wizard and the Expert Race setup should both be okay to use.

To be safe if you created a race using either of the two bad wizards you should use the Expert Race setup to delete them. If it crashes when you try to (which it could), send me the <install_dir>/rc.db file and I'll fix it up for you. The other alternative at that point is to uninstall and delete the <install_dir> directory completely and then re-install.

I'll get a new build up with this fixed as soon as I can.

Sorry about this one.

-Dave

Okay, v1.3.1.4 is now available on the site

http://www.racecoordinator.net

This fixes the big problem with the "Basic" and "Intermediate" Setup Wizards. Experimental Game Port support also crept into this release. I'm working with some people to get it working and its starting to look like it does, but there's no official word yet.

Sorry about that last build. ANYBODY who downloaded the previous beta releases should absolutely update to this version to avoid any chance of corrupting your race data.

-Dave

v.1.3.1.6 is up and available. This one fixes the following:

Parallel port refueling should work properly now

Gameport should be fully functional

Fixed Total Time race heat and leader board display

Fingers crossed this will be the final fuel beta release before the official release.

http://www.racecoordinator.net/index.html

-Dave

Edited by Race Coordinator

Been playing with the new upgrade during the week, and it hasn't missed a beat.

Joe's going to love this addition to racing ...... he realy enjoys fuel stops

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017