Race Coordinator (Software)

Yngwie

Darren, does it give you an error message? Is it possibly that your copy of Windows is not genuine and therefore M$ does not allow yours to be updated?

Regards

John

I bought the computer second hand and it does give an error code,so what you are saying may well be the case.Also i got a sensor cable from armchairs with the parrelel port will they work with this program and others ie lap timer 2000.

Midwestern Model Raceway.

Darren, does it give you an error message? Is it possibly that your copy of Windows is not genuine and therefore M$ does not allow yours to be updated?

Regards

John

I bought the computer second hand and it does give an error code,so what you are saying may well be the case.Also i got a sensor cable from armchairs with the parrelel port will they work with this program and others ie lap timer 2000.

The sensor cable should be fine. Just need to "source" a copy of M$ Windows XP or 7 from somewhere.

Regards

John

The sensor cable should be fine. Just need to "source" a copy of M$ Windows XP or 7 from somewhere.

thanks will get on it ,i want the timing system up and running ....tracks good but need timimg lol..

Cheers Darren

• 1 month later...

dumped laptimer2000 and downloaded RC and it went on staight up no bull and i'm now going to try the web cam feature out.Any tips for that.Where is the webcam ment to be located so it counts the laps,above the track or on the side ??Tryed to use the web cam and no luck,when i goin to track set up and hit conf it says that it'not needed but theres no way to set up the pic on the actaul webcam ??

Cheers Darren

Edited by dazza

Hey Guys,

Got a few questions about race coordinator software as we are going to use the system at armchair tomorrow for race night.

First question is how do you change the text writing when your name is displayed. We are having a problem where if the white lane is winning you can see your scores as the text is also white.

Second question. With lap penalties, if the car stops under or goes under the sensor slowly before the race starts (we are using hot start)the driver is being penalised at least -10 to -20 laps. Any way of fixing it?, or leave the penalty box blank so if the car jumps the start the next time it comes throuqh it still counts as lap 0.

Third question. The blue lane background goes black if it drops down the order to last place. we have chaned the colour so it doesn't happen now but its very hard to read the drivers name each heat. is it just a trial and error of different colour blues to see if we can fix both problems?

Beside that the system works great. better than the startline system where everyone is complaining that they get within millimetres from the sensor when the heat ends and not rollong through or completing their last lap.

Thanks,

Jason

Brooksy

Sorry guys, I've been really busy and mostly haven't checked too many of the forums lately. I really need to get a forum setup on my site, but I'm not good enough with HTML and don't really have the time... Any volunteers? :D

Anyway, Jason, can you send me screen shots of the problems you're having with color. The third issue you point out sounds like a bug. The background should never go black unless you're using an oddball number of lanes and I don't have an exact interface to match.

Everything on the race display is configurable one way or another, but some things are harder than others. Once I see exactly what your issues are I can help better. But as an overview, the lane background colors are controlled in your Track configuration under the "Lanes" tab. Basically the color you setup there is the color you'll see as the background color for that lane on the Race screen. The foreground text can be changed in the different XAML files (located in your <install_directory>\data\xaml folder which is probably "Program Files\race coordinator\data\xaml". Changes in there are simple, but get complicated because I don't know which xaml file you're using (it's configuration dependent).

For your lap penalty issue, can you send me your <install_directory>\data\rc.db file? Basically I want to see your race configuration. If a driver false starts, they should receive one and only one penalty. If you're receiving more than one, it's a bug that I'd like to fix. Leaving the lap penalty set to 0 will of course fix it, but then the only penalty the driver incurs is that they have to go all the way around the track before they can get a lap...

I hate to do this but your best bet for quick responses right now is to email me. I'm still 100% supporting RC, but there are just too many forums for me to keep up with especially when time is short.

contact@racecoordinator.net

-Dave

Hey Guys,

Got a few questions about race coordinator software as we are going to use the system at armchair tomorrow for race night.

First question is how do you change the text writing when your name is displayed. We are having a problem where if the white lane is winning you can see your scores as the text is also white.

Second question. With lap penalties, if the car stops under or goes under the sensor slowly before the race starts (we are using hot start)the driver is being penalised at least -10 to -20 laps. Any way of fixing it?, or leave the penalty box blank so if the car jumps the start the next time it comes throuqh it still counts as lap 0.

Third question. The blue lane background goes black if it drops down the order to last place. we have chaned the colour so it doesn't happen now but its very hard to read the drivers name each heat. is it just a trial and error of different colour blues to see if we can fix both problems?

Beside that the system works great. better than the startline system where everyone is complaining that they get within millimetres from the sensor when the heat ends and not rollong through or completing their last lap.

Jason

Sadly lately I don't even have time to concentrate on one forum. But email comes to me instead of me going to it, so I tend to handle email much faster...

Also, v1.4.3.9 is up on my site. I changed where the database file and debug logs are saved to so that people with newer operating systems (like Vista and newer) no longer need administrative permission to run RC. The only time you need admin rights now is if you are using the Web Camera track interface.

This is a pretty big change as I had to move your current database out of the directory its in and put it in the new location. I backup the database before I do this, but if you install this version and can't see any of your drivers or race setups, let me know. I've tested this personally on 3 computers and 2 different OS's and another person tested on two other machines for me. All worked with out a hitch so I'm not expecting issues.

There's one more bug I'm investigating and then hopefully this release will go official once enough people have tried it out. Lots of changes/fixes in this one so check it out.

http://www.racecoordinator.net/

-Dave

• Upvote 1

Jason,

You're using the parallel port correct? What kind of car are you using as a test? I reproduced this but I had to do some really unusual things in the code. Basically I had to simulate your car having "holes" in it. This toggled the lap counter fast enough and since I don't look at things like min lap time for false starts you really start racking up the penalties. I'm going to fix this particular problem, but I'm not 100% sure this is what's happening to you.

Please email me at

contact@racecoordinator.net

with your response. I'm not sure I'll remember to check the forums

-Dave

Hey Dave, Sorry for not replying earlier, been busy with the scalextric world championship over the last few days. Anyway we have had a fiddle around with the system and we have fixed the blue background so people can see who is racing on that colored lane. With regards to changing the text colour, it shouldn't be much of a problem. With the lap penalty, I'll see if I can look at it today with another racer who originally set up the system. He knows quite a lot about computer programing. Overall the race night was a hit! They really like the system and quite like the idea of getting penalized heaps for false starting. I'll let you know if we have any problems. Thanks for all your help and keep you posted. Thanks, Jason Brooks

Brooksy

Sounds good Jason. You may be sad to hear then that I did fix the one issue I found. Basically you can now only false start once a heat. However, you can set the lap penalty to whatever you want. Assuming the bug I fixed is what you were running into you'll now get consistent penalties for false starts versus random amounts based on how long you were under the sensor and other outside factors.

This fix won't be in until v1.4.3.10 or the official release depending on what I do though. If you need/want it sooner send me an email and I'll get it out but there is no real guarantee this is your issue although it's the only thing I can imagine.

-Dave

Hi there,

I'm haveing trouble with my race scoring.

I have a two lane track so im using the 2 lane screen, i have for exemple 3 drivers in a custom race with the winner getting 5 pionts for the win and 1 piont to whoever gets the fastest lap heat so the most any driver can get is 18 pionts total.

However when i run it in the demo mode driver 1 might get a total of 6 pionts in the first race. then in the second race as the lights go green drive 1 seems to get 1 piont for no reason at all and it stays that way even if the other drive get the full six pionts leaveing driver 1 with 7 pionts.

and this repaets its self as the races goes on.

The only way i know how to stop it is if fastest laps aren't awarded.

can anyone help?

I just did some quick testing. There's definitely issues with F1 scoring right now. I fixed one problem introduced by the latest beta, but that showed new problems that were potentially caused by one of the earlier betas. I'm working on it, but I don't have an eta on a fix yet as this is in some complicated code.

Sorry

-Dave

Hi there,

I have a two lane track so im using the 2 lane screen, i have for exemple 3 drivers in a custom race with the winner getting 5 pionts for the win and 1 piont to whoever gets the fastest lap heat so the most any driver can get is 18 pionts total.

However when i run it in the demo mode driver 1 might get a total of 6 pionts in the first race. then in the second race as the lights go green drive 1 seems to get 1 piont for no reason at all and it stays that way even if the other drive get the full six pionts leaveing driver 1 with 7 pionts.

can anyone help?

Dave,

Thanks for that, I will wait for the next offical release before I start youing bonus pionts. I was good to know that it wasn't something I was doing wrong. I had played around with it most of the day trying to work it out.

Thanks for all your hard work on this programe.

Cheers Waldo.

I just did some quick testing. There's definitely issues with F1 scoring right now. I fixed one problem introduced by the latest beta, but that showed new problems that were potentially caused by one of the earlier betas. I'm working on it, but I don't have an eta on a fix yet as this is in some complicated code.

Sorry

-Dave

Hi there,

can anyone help?

Not a problem. Sorry you spent so long trying to figure out what was wrong.

Unless something else turns up the .11 release will be the official release so I would recommend you get it and test out the bonus points. Ideally letting me know if it's working for you. I'm a one man crew for the most part so it's easy for me to miss bugs especially now since I don't really race anymore. The worst thing would be for you to wait however long until I release it officially and you find out it's still broken...

-Dave

Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me how to set up the refueling and do I need to add extra wiring to to senor system, also I would like to add a power cut off that is controled by a switch and the computer can recognised. Can anyone help or piont me in the right direction.

Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me how to set up the refueling and do I need to add extra wiring to to senor system, also I would like to add a power cut off that is controled by a switch and the computer can recognised. Can anyone help or piont me in the right direction.

In the Race Setup screen, there is button for Fuel. Click it and enable Fuel. You will need to play around with the fuel burn and refule rate to suit.

As for power cut off, you need to hook your system up to a relay. I bought the Trackmate Interface board and this was a snap to accomplish. Not hard without one but you need to be careful not to blow your parallel port.

Edited by Yngwie