Race Coordinator (Software)

Yngwie

Been playing with the new upgrade during the week, and it hasn't missed a beat.

Joe's going to love this addition to racing ...... he realy enjoys fuel stops

Everyone enjoys fuel stops! Really adds to it, it goes great on mine. One more at my place to go in Aug. <_<

has anyone tryed to use web cam with rc?

Actually RC does support web cam track interfaces. Under "Expert Track Setup" simply select the web cam radio button. There's no configuration needed within RC other than that for the web cam. All the other setup is done in the program that detects the motion through the start/finish line. It must run the "Webcam.exe" program that comes with RC with a -lap # (where # is [1, 8] representing which lane got a lap. You can also send the Webcam.exe a -callbutton command line to pause the race. Track power will still be hot because there's no way to setup a relay for power, but the race timers will stop.

Oh, and one last thing, make sure RC has admin privileges when you run it for web cam support. I'm not sure about Windows XP, but I know Windows 7 and Vista require it. You'll get a track communication error or some other error (in theory) if you don't have the right privileges...

If you have trouble getting this working let me know and I'll do what I can to help. Unfortunately I know very little about the web cam programs (is Zone Trigger one?), but I know any one you use MUST be able to launch my application with the right command line when a lap occurs.

-Dave

Version 1.3.1.10 is now available on the site. It's still beta but we're super close now.

www.racecoordinator.net

I wanted to get a few requested changes in. The biggest change is the parallel port track interface. I've redone the setup screen entirely. You now configure each pin to a "behavior" like counting laps for a specific lane, or a callbutton, or a relay, etc. This allows me to do a few cool things. First it let me support separate sensors for the pit bays which for those people that have that setup is super cool. It also allows me to support things in the future like per lane relays. You shouldn't notice ANY change to your current parallel port configuration but if you do please let me know immediately.

I've also added a "Top 5" leader board that scales the text based on the size of the window. You can find this in the "Windows" menu of the race day screen.

I also put in a 2 lane and 3 lane version of the practice race day screen. You'll have to manually change your practice screen if you want to use it but they're there. They are exactly the same as the 4 lane version but with the extra columns removed.

This version also have light bridge support enabled in it (because of the changes made to the parallel port setup). The light bridge support is VERY specific to my light bridge setup which is 5 multi color (red/green) LEDs. So I can make red, green, or yellow lights on my bridge and I do so to display the current race state including the start count down. If there's a "common" way light bridges should work I'm happy to change this behavior...

Hopefully this release is bug "free" and we'll be releasing it officially soon.

Finally, I got behind on my emails a bit but I think I'm all caught up now. Basically if you sent me an email and are waiting for a response or waiting for something, you better email me again because it got lost in the wake of my vacation...

Enjoy,

Dave

Edited by Race Coordinator

Tested RC with webcam over the weekend. Needed a quick and easy way to get timing on the rally track without the hassle of cabling etc. Worked perfectly. Webcam support is a great feature as it takes seconds to setup.

Well done Dave.

PS> Also noticed a Time Sell button. Any future plans you can elaborate on Dave?

Cheers

John

Thanks John.

I was asked by somebody if RC supported time sell and in that conversation I started looking into it. So yeah I'm considering doing a time sell feature. Basically it would support per lane relays and the ability to give specific drivers specific amounts of race time... You know, the expected. I was looking into it's feasibility within RC and I don't think it's too hard.

However, what I'll say is that IF I do a time sell feature it will almost for certain be a "for pay" feature. Meaning you don't get it if you don't donate some money (as usual to one of my charities). For a feature like time sell my belief is that if you're going to make money on my software you should pay for it... There will always be exceptions, but you'd have to make a convincing argument.

Funny enough I didn't realize I left that in there... It was only experimental and will be removed before the official release of v1.4 as Time sell isn't close to ready yet.

Tested RC with webcam over the weekend. Needed a quick and easy way to get timing on the rally track without the hassle of cabling etc. Worked perfectly. Webcam support is a great feature as it takes seconds to setup.

Well done Dave.

PS> Also noticed a Time Sell button. Any future plans you can elaborate on Dave?

Cheers

John

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, RC v1.4.0.0 has been officially released. This is the official analog fuel release (finally). Many thanks to those that helped me debug both by providing me cables and such as well as those trying out the betas and working with me through the issues.

There's a ton in this release (see the site for details), but the big ones are:

1. Analog fuel supported race formats
  2. Gameport support which provides support for the Carlson USB Sensor Trak

I'll take this official release moment as another opportunity to first say thank you to all those who have generously donated to the charities I've setup. Through your donations and me making up the difference my wife and I were able to make a fairly large donation this month which happens to be right about my son's birthday.

http://www.firstcandle.org/grieving-...hope-monument/

For those that don't know what I'm talking about please check out my site for more information. Basically any money donated to me for Race Coordinator goes 100% to charity.

Regardless, enjoy the new release and as always let me know if you have questions/problems.

-Dave

http://www.racecoordinator.net/index.html

v1.4.1.0 is up on the site. It has two fixes in it:

• Drift support works as it did in the v1.3.x.x releases
  • Fixed the track manager to show the proper configuration if you need to make changes to your track interface

Sorry for the drift bug. It's an easy one to over look, but that's no excuse. Nice catch NEScales...

http://www.racecoordinator.net/index.html

-Dave

Heh... v1.4.1.2 is up. It has the following fixes:

• Drifting works for end of the heat/race
  • Team support works as well as it ever has

Please note that as of v1.4.1.1 the leader boards show the drivers "seed" in "()" before their name.

I'll give this one a bit more testing before I release it. Please let me know if drifting is now working 100% as it should be.

-Dave

v1.4.1.4 (beta) just got posted. This is a big build as it will hopefully be the last build before the official release of v1.4.2.0, but also because I've made two fairly significant changes:

First, you can no longer add or remove tracks. You can only update existing ones. Many new users were getting confused and adding a track, but not changing the races to use the new track. This solves this problem and 99% of users will only ever need/want one track anyway. If you have created new tracks already, they will still work, you just can't create more.

Second, I've changed how the Race Day Screen gets selected. The "Race Day XAML File" is now a prefix that RC appends onto to get the full file name. This is done so that RC an automatically pick the proper race day screen to use for 2, 3, 4, and 8 lane tracks. It also makes it a little clearer how to select if you want driver/car images displayed, or if you want the screen to sort based on heat standings. ***It's possible this change will mess up your custom file setup. If so, you will need to simply go into the Expert Race Setup and change it back. If you create custom files with the same naming convention the stock files use, you can take advantage of this same system for your files. You can also type in the full file name and force RC to use a specific file.

Both of these changes were meant to make RC easier to use for the new user. And for 99% of the users out there you shouldn't even notice any changes. If you do have issues or questions as always don't hesitate to ask.

Oh yes, this beta release doesn't have the updated Race Wizards reflecting the new changes. That will come soon (probably in the official release).

-Dave

http://www.racecoordinator.net/

FYI, I released the 1.4.2.0 version officially. It's got a couple feature changes in it from v1.4.1.0 but hopefully it's all for the better. Otherwise this release is an accumulation of all the bug fixes from v1.4.0.0 including finally getting drift support corrected, and a few crash bugs that most people wouldn't ever run into...

This is the version to get if you're running RC...

http://www.racecoordinator.net/

-Dave

Hi i'm in the process of of setting up a timimng system and have just purchased a sensor harness with paralell port from armchair racer.I'm asumimng that this will work with your system,as for a pc i haven got one for the track as yet what is the minimum system requirements to run your software and are there any tricks to setting up the sensors.

Thanks Darren.

Midwestern Model Raceway.

Darren

If you click on the link ..... http://www.racecoordinator.net/ ..... it'll take you to Dave's site, and all the info you need is at hand

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

If you have a DB25 connector for the parallel port RC should support you no problem. Sadly I'm not the best person to talk to about the actual track interface, but what I can tell you is that I support all the common stuff. Depending on your sensor type you may need to "invert laps" but all that is on the configuration screen which is hopefully fairly straight forward. The cool thing with RC is that the configuration screen is live so if you are connected to your track and the track is on, you can test right there. If you have specific questions please don't hesitate to ask, but there's a good chance I'll need to let somebody else answer OR direct you to other sites. For what its worth, my lack of sensor knowledge is why I don't have anything on my site to help out...

Also, the other gotcha with RC is that it requires Windows XP or higher to run. And XP needs SP3 installed...

v1.4.3.0 has been released. LOTS of fixes since the v1.4.0 release. Check the site for details but the two big ones are that drift support is 100% correct again (was fixed in v1.4.2.0) and I fixed the crash watch dog. There's only one reported crash at this point and I think the v1.4.3.0 version fixes it but it would be wise to get this build. If there is a crash, the RCCrash.txt files should now contain all the information I need to see what is going on.

Enjoy

-Dave

I'm having all sorts of trouble getting the sp3 to load up on my pc.I'm running windows xp professional and it won't load starting to piss my off a bit lol. Any ideas...Tried to downloed it off the net no go can it be done from a cd or flash drive..And after this will RC actually work.. HELP

Cheers Darren

Darren, with the machine connected to the internet, click Start -> Windows Update. This will take you to the Micro$oft site which will download and install SP3.

Cheers

John

Tried that 15 times and doesn't work,not sure whats the go.