Lap Counter

Bunge

Hi all was looking at the Carrera electronic lap counter have any of you guy's used or seen one of these in action just like to know your thoughts.

871b2hn.jpg

Thanks bunge

G'Day Bunge,

I use a Carrera lap couter/ timer on my 2 lane SCX track, and haven't had any problems with it. I picked it up off Ebay for a good price and is a cheaper alternative than any computer lapcounters, and you dont need a "dead strip" in your track to activate it, as it uses photoelectrics to trigger it.

Kind Regards iagx5

Hi Bunge,

I use the Carerra lap counter and think it is by far and away the best 2 lane counter that I have used.

Biggest advantage is that unlike nincos counter you dont have too look down at full pace to check your lap times and or laps.With ninco you need a a split second longer to look at your time which can mean disaster at full pace.

The counter mechanism is pre set at 100 laps and takes a few goes to set it correctly and counts back from 999 laps.

Also the variable width fits all tracks.

Be careful though of bodyless cars as it is possible to not register if your are uneven on your track.

It chimes down as the race commences and senses line creepers.

Hope this helps.....Marko

Thanks Fella's I think It would be good to be able to see the readout from my seat, I have the scalex sport lap timer and you can't see it unless your on top of it.

Would the scalex F1 cars work as they have a low body and does it keep your best lap times displayed the scalex only shows them for a second and then goes straight back to the lap counter you have to wait untill the end.

;) Thanks Bunge