Carrera Go Track Issues

Starmage

Hi

I'm new to the forum and fairly new to slots although my Dad used to race on the older style tracks in WA (had his own timber track).

I purchased a Carrera GO Ferrari Challenge set for my son and I to get started on. I won't say I wase xpecting too much from Toys R Us but I was wondering about something....

The cars seem to come of the track fairly readily and is unusual that either of us can make a successful lap. (Baring in mind this track has a loop the loop). I suspect some of this has to do with us being complete Amateurs :) .

However, I was wondering if this was a general problem with these type of cars?

Does anyone also know if there's a good supplier of additional track and peices in Australia? I was thinking of extending the track and would like to get the Disney Cars cars for my son.

Thanks

Hi

I'm new to the forum and fairly new to slots although my Dad used to race on the older style tracks in WA (had his own timber track).

I purchased a Carrera GO Ferrari Challenge set for my son and I to get started on. I won't say I wase xpecting too much from Toys R Us but I was wondering about something....

The cars seem to come of the track fairly readily and is unusual that either of us can make a successful lap. (Baring in mind this track has a loop the loop). I suspect some of this has to do with us being complete Amateurs :) .

However, I was wondering if this was a general problem with these type of cars?

Does anyone also know if there's a good supplier of additional track and peices in Australia? I was thinking of extending the track and would like to get the Disney Cars cars for my son.

Thanks

Wev'e a couple of Carrerra Go sets for the grandkids. If you only use the basic throttle( just the big thumb button on top = 75% throttle), the cars will do lap after lap, sometimes. Press the little red button on the front = (100 % throttle) = instant crash, but you may need the extra power to do the loop. I just took the loop out of the track, and they have heaps of fun with it. They are a good starter for kids with the throttle limiter. It's hard for kids to understand, but back off a tad, and the cars are OK , considering how cheap the sets are.

Chers

John

"S#!t Happens"

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I recently bought a Carrera Go set as well (Retro racers).

It appears that track extension can be up to a max 17 metres total track length. Longer tracks would require track extender cables which this system does not support.

I'm not sure if you can mix the Carrera Digital 1:43 track pieces and the Carrera Go track pieces. They are both the same scale but I think ones digital and Go is analog? Also they appear to have different power packs. Someone more knowledgeable can correct these points.

As for cars coming off the track, I can't comment on the loops, but have found that incorrect brush setup on the bottom of the cars will assist the cars launchability into the washing basket. Play around with the brushs and you should find a setup that helps keep you on the track longer. Also different types of cars will require different driving styles. Our little Fiat 500 car will fly around the track at top speed, however our Mario Kart car requires

a more sedate pace due to it being a bit like Dolly Parton.

As for parts so far I have used http://www.armchairracer.com.au to get the Mario Kart car. They were easy to deal with and the delivery was reasonable from Sydney to Melbourne. Pretty soon I will will be sourcing some parts from www.mrslotcar.com.au in Melbourne so I can extend our track and spice up the racing.

Hope some of this info is helpful.

• 9 years later...

Hi all sorry to bother you but I purchased a Carrera Go F1 Race set for my client and have had it less than six months. It has been fine up until recently when the cars appeared to slow down a  touch. I bought my client a lap counter which is also Carrera, and the lap times for each car were considerably different. Is there anything that can be done please? Many thanks. Kind Regards Harry Brannigan.