Ozrally Proxy Series 2010/11 - Round Five

Ontheflipside

from 6th to 3rd last WTF! happened ?

Sh=t happens..............., just like a real race sometimes stuff happens in a race that is unexplicable. Sometimes some cars attract bad luck more than others. Also, Your car was probably easy to belt out a few quick laps on but harder on the driver to maintain the rage over a few minutes.

Exactly. Many of the lower order cars are predictable where they will struggle for stability and one off in the short stages can effect the top order cars times. We had plenty of marshals and they were all very experienced and quick but at times the car just wont go back on easy.

Between stages the girls were giving the boys some entertainment

Hey Mel, I'm sure it says somewhere in the rules about no silicon !!!! :blink:

Honest mistake, they looked OK but I didn't get a chance to feel them :angry:

Give me an hour and I'll have the final results posted

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Odsidith,

not sure as i cant remember, but that heat was only around 1min20 of the required 8min total. you were only 9sec off the leaders time.

It might of had a problem with the off camber corners?????? but that would ony be guessing

Kai

Edited by Mohawkk

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg

Odsidith,

not sure as i cant remember, but that heat was only around 1min20 of the required 8min total. you were only 9sec off the leaders time.

It might of had a problem with the off camber corners?????? but that would ony be guessing

Kai

That was also the stage that was held on the outside road circuit so that would make a big difference as well.

Judging by the results so far I wont be going to watch my car again, it doesn't seem to go so well. It kept showing me how well it can roll over :o

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Give me an hour and I'll have the final results posted

Long hour but a great lunch :lol:

Will post some more pics etc later as I'm rushed at present

Final Stage (3)

Stage32010_11.jpg

Stage3b2010_11.jpg

Overall Results

ORPSFinal_TotalTimes.jpg

Congrats to Tore, Allan & Phil

Edited by Ontheflipside

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Mel

The round 1 results don't match your final results table.

Embers time has smallnails time for round 1

Will have to go back and have a look at the sheets, there were a couple of typo's. I couldn't print off the Timer PC. Both Ben_M & myself did it manually. SO looks like results are provisional at this stage, Unfortunately Im heading out right now but will recheck and post in the morning - Might have been that Pear Cider I had for lunch :blink:

Sorry, but there has to be something wrong. I'm definitely sitting way to far up the ladder. But thanks for trying Mel. ;)

Congrats to all. Podium getters Tore, Lenny & Manic... Phil in the front pack as ever. Mel and helpers for surviving the ordeal.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Congrats this way as well to Tore ,Lenny and Phil K, your cars run well .Tore ,yours was just like driving your SCX car from last year.Would've liked to put my Porsche (last year /this year car) up against it to see how they both faired against each other. I even asked Mel if I could see if I could beat his lap record with your car ,but as usual he then decided it was time to for me to go home. Phil your Turd Runner surprised me ,I was expecting it to tip all over the place on Mels track being narrow buthad to say I was impressed with its handling. Emb ,your car isnt so bad to drive ,overall I liked it ,it stayed on track but power is its let down . The "L" plates were a novel idea.Maybe thats the prob everybody is driving it at 60kmh :lol: .Few of the cars were tippy notible the Fiats,I think due to weight placement or they had a little too much grip going into the corners.

Thanks to Mels lubbley wife Janette and his daughter for putting on the feed (sorry for the pepper grinder breakage again :o )and to his Father in-law Harold for his informitive recurrence of his war years. Learnt a bit more about WW2.Was a long day and by the way I didnt get into trouble when I finally got home unlike a certain Mohawkk and a Ben M. By the way it was good to put Ben to a face, will have to try and get you down to the Minto Rally Park next time your down.

Cheers Craig

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

i wasnt in too much trouble Craig, although next time i might just stay the night out front in the caravan :lol:

the biggest problem was i didnt tell Mrs Mohawkk what time i would be home... B) i thought that way i would be safe

Kai you'll learn as you get older that your never safe, no matter what time you get home or even how many times you ring you'll always be in the shite, it's only the depth that varies

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Many thanks to those who worked on my car again to get it running. It would appear that I may have mixed up two sets of urethanes I aquired from Phil, which had different cure rates. :blink:

The front guide problem ( copper strips originally glued down,as were the rear tyres),has been an ongoing concern even with some good repair work done previously by Lenny Broke (thx again).

Hopefully the car is now settled enough to complete the series, and I look forward with renewed interest to see if it can climb up the standings from here on. :unsure:

Good to see you enjoyed the round complete with some new faces, which can give a draught of fresh air to to the proceedings...Race on.. :)

• Upvote 1

Chris

H.M.C.C

Mel

The round 1 results don't match your final results table.

Embers time has smallnails time for round 1

Will have to go back and have a look at the sheets, there were a couple of typo's. I couldn't print off the Timer PC. Both Ben_M & myself did it manually. SO looks like results are provisional at this stage, Unfortunately Im heading out right now but will recheck and post in the morning - Might have been that Pear Cider I had for lunch :blink:

Has now been corrected (Post #29) All the stages were correct but I had posted the "Cut & Paste" version and not the "Master". All the times were there they just didn't match the right names :unsure: . New Third Place. Phil (sorry Manic)

Edited by Ontheflipside

Alas, that is a bit more realistic. Though on the bright side I can say... Whoohooo... Not last for this round (for a change).

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

NewYear2011.jpg

While I was correcting the addition of the three stages I found some chicks without Silicone for Lenny Broke :P

images3.jpg

Then I noticed the girls still wanted to have fun

2321467256_74e6fd0046.jpg

and some one had stuck up some posters

Nick-Walshaw-gives-the-Fun-police-a-spray-6301893.jpg

So I thought what the heck.

pitbabes2.jpg

After all that I notice the blokes don't even take notice of the girls (except for the young boys)

julies3.jpg

As per the previous post the final summary has been corrected (stages were correct)and the official winners were Tore (356Speedster) 2nd Allan (Lenny Broke) and 3rd Phil K.

Proxy2010Sony004.jpg

Tore also won the Mountain Sprint - 10 laps of the Mt Panorama Race Circuit and the Special Stage and the Enduro ;)

Proxy2010Sony001.jpg

Fastest lap for the mountain sprint was 6.377 by Slo1quick

Fastest lap for the Rally X Circuit was 29.935 by 356Speedster

A big thanks to the "team" of helpers for what was a marathon

Proxy2010Olympus027.jpg

Firstly Yngwie for making a special trip to replace the timing PC then my good lovely and daughter for the food (lunch & dinner.

We had a very professional team of marshals and drivers. Craig (teamredracing) who drove all the cars in the Special Stage, Kai (Mohawk)For driving all cars in the Mountain Sprint then Viv (Old Slot) and Devious (Dave) for doing warm up laps for each car and Ben_M for the timing/checking and great Pics, all doing a great job at marshaling when not driving.

Oh! I nearly forgot Gazza for dropping in around lunch time (during his break) and fixing the timing issue.

Proxy2010Olympus085.jpg

Thanks again for the massive help guys.

IMO this years group of proxy rally cars were the best overall that I have been involved with. On my track there were no "dogs" and I must say I had heaps of fun driving.

Some more pics etc when I get time between the family/holidays thingies.

OTFS

Edited by Ontheflipside

IMO this years group of proxy rally cars were the best overall that I have been involved with. On my track there were no "dogs" and I must say I had heaps of fun driving.

Then what the hell is that black thing???? :D:lol::ph34r:

Proxy2010Olympus134.jpg

Had a ball, and even though I only had 30mins to get to dinner (not 1hr as I thought) and I got home 4hrs late I wasnt in too much trouble so I should be allowed out of the house again :P. See you next time.....

• Upvote 1

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Thanks to Mel, Devious, Oldslot,Ben, Mohawk & Craig for running this round. Rally proxies with 30 odd cars are certainly a big event to run, so well done guys.

Well done to the podium winners also.

I agree with Mel, this years field is the best overall in the 4 years that I have hosted rounds; no "dogs" in this lot.

Normal people worry me

Then what the hell is that black thing???? :D:lol::ph34r:

That's SOM (Son Of Max, my old Rotwieler). He was human :P

SOM can sniff out Silicone tyres and WD40. And if he doesn't like the car . . . .

SOMUpset.jpg

Glad your off the hook Ben B) hope to see you late January at the place of many crows

Oh! I forgot. There was one dog ENO!. BTW his crown wheel may not make the distance. Wearing on one section. :huh:

Edited by Ontheflipside

Thanks Mel for a great round and all the visual coverage( or uncoverage!)

Also thanks to everyone who turned up to drive and help Mel.

I have updated the points thread. Points

356speedster now leads the points score from lenny,myself with Stig and Obsidth equal fourth.

Edited by kalbfellp

This car (BRK's Team Slot Alpine) certainly took my fancy as to the best looking car in the group on my track. And it was an unanimous vote of all marshals and drivers.perfecthp5.gif

Proxy2010Sony025.jpg

And with a view of the unfinished drain, unfinished bridge and unfinished cafe in the RH background - thanks Ben :P

5305816485_32c2f30cf6_o.jpg

Great choice BRK

Edited by Ontheflipside

Hi ya Mel

Thanks to you and your cohorts for the running of this round. great photos too. that dog of yous must have been flat out sniffin' out all that silicone you had on display over the weekend.

Also congratulations to Tore on another round win and well done to Phil on second runner up again.

I'm happy with position 2 for the Datsan Insult GT.

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke
  • Upvote 1