2 replies to this topic

#1 Nils

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

Hi guy's,
i recently bought a routed track. Finally i now have cars and controllers( Aussie V8's).
Unfortunately the track has a couple of dead spots and some slow spots.
I suspect that the legnth of the track has some thing to do with Slow spots, and that there maybe some breaks in the track which are causing dead spots.
I can't see these breaks with my poor eyesight.
Is there some logical basic testing i can do???
And how do i go about it???
Any other ideas???

Thanks, nils

#2 dangermouse

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:47 PM

I assume that it is copper tape. When I get a dead spot to locate where the break might be I power on the controller (have some one operate the controller while you move the car or if you have one use a multimeter) and move a car around until it stops I then check the opposite end and find where the car stops there then it a matter of looking for anything that might indicate a poor connection. I solder a piece of copper tape over the top of the break. Have fixed it every time so far.
Not sure about the slow spot - my track is 6.5m long by 1.4m wide and I only have 1 power connection without any problems

cheers
DM

#3 gzminiz

Newb slotter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

Check the terminal blocks. There are three taps front straight middle and the back just after the tunnel. Also try cleaning the tape with inox or shellite. If u hold the continued on at full power and take a volt meter to both rails u should get close to thesame voltage reading as the driver station. +/- .2volt

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users