Ozrally Proxy Series 2010/11 - Round Four

Yngwie

Results of Practice for round 4

This in no way indicates consistency of laps, rather the best lap. This is the downhill stage. The uphill stage catches many cars out so will be interesting to see how they fare in the end!

5252567762_0f77e08f48_z.jpg

Edited by Yngwie

Interesting that a setup built for a much smaller car and glued up by a stepson with NO experience isn't too crap. Ok it isn't GOOD but it isn't crap. Difficult trying to figure out how to build a car for a rally track without one.. Can anyone point me to a good design for a reasonable sized test track? Something to dump under a bed would be good. I'm gonna win next year! :)

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Only if it fits within the rules Eno.

Always interesting to see the difference between a quick shakedown and the longer run of the stage.

Interesting to see less than a second between first and last on a 'hot lap' basis.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Results of Practice for round 4

This in no way indicates consistency of laps, rather the best lap. This is the downhill stage. The uphill stage catches many cars out so will be interesting to see how they fare in the end!

Some good lap times John. Anything 7 or below will be hard to beat "if" they can stay on the track. Be interesting if there will be any 6's on the up hill direction.

woohoo....5th, looking forward to the round results.

proves that you don't need a powerful motor on a proper tight & twisty rally track :P

It used to favor the NC-1's Kai but dialing in the Slot-it to suit each car (which I think John does) almost anything goes as long as all other set ups are good.

The Dipper and "The Bat outa Hell" cave corner sorts out the field

09Stage1007.jpg

09Stage1005.jpg

Always interesting to see the difference between a quick shakedown and the longer run of the stage.

Yep it's the "offs" that kill ya!

Marshaling is very quick on this track but an off every lap or too costs dearly.

Most cars can go fast but which ones can handle the road when off a "Race Track" and 65mm radius turns :)

Best of luck every one - I need it :(

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Best of luck every one - I need it :)

Some how I don't think you're the only one. :(

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Can anyone point me to a good design for a reasonable sized test track? Something to dump under a bed would be good.

This one that Yngwie is running Round 4 on is less than 900mm x 1800mm

ThePanRallyTrack2.jpg

Built this one for one of my Grandsons on 750 x 1500mm board

Mitchellsslotcartrack007.jpg

Mitchellsslotcartrack016.jpg

Then extended it 2 years later with a hill climb

MitchellsslotcartrackDec2708034.jpg

MitchellsslotcartrackDec2708025.jpg

Might even use it for one of the stages when it's my turn

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Stage 1 results in. This is the easier direction for the cars to travel so expect some changes in stage 2. A problem with many of the SCX cars, in particular the Fiat 124 was they could not get around "Bat out of Hell" cave with out stopping. This has affected their respective times greatly. It seems the Porsches are on song again!

Tores car was exceptional. Just beautifully balanced and could around the corners much quicker than all others, hence the low times compared to all others.

Happy (or miserable) reading

Stage1.png

Edited by Yngwie

Can anyone point me to a good design for a reasonable sized test track? Something to dump under a bed would be good.

This one that Yngwie is running Round 4 on is less than 900mm x 1800mm

ThePanRallyTrack2.jpg

Thanks OTFS - I have a year to sort it before "Testing season".. Oh and thanks for the hint Ember.. :D

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Whats interesting, as last year, the Porsches have dominated. Out of the top 6 cars, 5 are Porsches! The really handle the elevation changes and directions changes well. The SCX cars have many problems with the standard guides. They need to be glued up or have a shim installed as some of them were losing contact! This made them difficult to get a good lap out of!

Welcome any time Mark!

Regards

John

Yay. Not last. Happy with that.

Congrats to the boys up the pointy end.

And, as ever, thankyou to the host for the round for putting in the not inconsiderable amount of time required to run 31 toy cars over 2 rally stages. Much appreciated.

And again apologies for a particular litte blue car. I promise I'll do better next year.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg