DE38

Caddy

The Scaly Caddy imho is still one of the best runners goin, I have 4 of em , still tryin to get the blue magazine car, I have 2 black Motorola cars and decided to set one up for runnin on a big comm. track I go to in Connecticut, I got a pair of set screw wheels and foams from Patto , great selection , you can find just about any wheel- tire combo in rubber or foam to fit any car, added some lead , tryin a little experiment with the stock blue guide, I cut a piece of clear plastic from a Slotit mag package and glued it to the guide to make a deep guide, tryin to fit a Slotit deep guide to a Scaly car is a pain , alot of cuttin invoved , Im gonna stay with the stock axle for now but change the pinion to a 10 and for power , the red can Scaleauto 35000 , I set up a Scaly IRL car with this motor and it was keepin up with Deathstars. :P

Caddy.jpg

MODIFIED_GUIDE.jpg

GUIDE_ON_CADDY.jpg

LEAD_ON_CHASSIS.jpg

Foams.jpg

SIDEVIEW_CADDY.jpg

IRL_SIDE.jpg

DANBURY_TRACK1.jpg

DE38 :(

dale1-90x90-av.gifDE38

DE38, check with Patto about the magazine car when he gets back from holidays if you're after a new one. He had some a couple of months ago and his website has them at $AU60, works out cheaper than US MSRP for normal Scalex.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Gyprock , thats a 55 Chevy , snaptite body, on a old Monogram brass chassis with Slotit runnin gear and Protrack tires , it has a Falcon in it , as it was the only motor I had at the time , it overpowers this car a bit , might swap it out to something a little milder, it will fishtail all the way down my straight . :P

Thanks for the tip bump, dont know why, but I never searched Bruces site for the mag car. :D

DE38 B)

55CHEV_FLAMES.jpg

dale1-90x90-av.gifDE38

Bruce has the magazine car in the Magazine section, just a one-liner in the MCR area.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

:D I agree about the Caddie and I have another mod on mine.

I noticed that the front axles were creating drag with "toe-out" so I have replaced the stub type axles with a solid axle, runs smoother and faster after trueing the front tyres.

Simple mod, just remove the self centreing spring and take about 1/2mm out of the back of the guide hosing.