Ozrally Proxy Series 2010/11 - Round Three,

lenny broke

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoneo A lack of preparation hampered this car totally, The motor is dead slow which meant that it wouldn't pull the car around the corners and it would trip over itself. because it wouldn't slide around the corners it regularly got hung up on the scenery on the inside of tight bends

Thanks Alan, car left without ever going on a track.... bad mistake althou it seemed ok on the sanding block.

Surprizing thou, I have another motor exactly the same in another car and its a ripper !

Oh well... let the pain continue.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Thanks Alan for a well run round.

Well done also to all you jerks that keep beating me ;)

I've got some consistency, so being in the top half of the field is a good thing, and my aim of top ten for the series seems obtainable from here. I'd much rather have a rally track to set my car up on, regardless of this i suspect the quality of this field is very high, world class perhaps?

I'm happy to see my best lap is competitive, so ease of driving is the next challenge.

Anyway given the mixed feedback on grip my best way to improve is to build a twisty bullring to set my cars up on, I simply don't have anywhere with such tight enough corners to understand the full dynamic package required, yet.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Thanks Alan for another well run round and congratulations to Tom&Cam, Alan and Stig for taking out the important positions.

Thanks also Alan for the detailed feedback. It seems I got the handling right but just need to figure out how to marry that with more power. I know with the NC2 last year in the handling was compromised so a smaller motor is the go. Must find a slightly more powerful NC1 alternative in future.

Anyway I am stoked with a top 10 finish and first Healey home. Shame it won't last.....

Haystack- I use dead strips on my track and SRM timing Program. Rick seems to think the sensor wires pick up some sort of signal from the motor and triggers a misread. I'm sure if he's lurking he will come in with a boffin's explanation for it all.

Alan

The timing box Alan has is a "dead strip" version built by me. It is however very different to the traditional dead strip versions most people run. The timing box that Triggy ran is also a dead strip version, not built by me and is a traditional styled version, and it also suffered from mis-timing with one car. Is it the same car I wonder??? Must be putting out a shite load of electrical noise.

I have also built an opto version and up to just recently it had not mis-timed, thats fitted to Dave's track. However, two very noisy orange endbell slotits did manage to false trigger the timing box. Given that the two cars were false triggering the box when they were nowhere near the opto sensor they musy be spitting out so much electrical noise that some of it is finding its way into the cables running into the box or alternatively the cable running to the PC. Alan, I have made a mod to the opto timing box that Dave has. If those two pesky slotits dont fasle trigger Dave's timing system I'll incorporate the same mod to your box Alan. No charge mate. Personally I think it would be far better to just ban all Tassie cars. ;)

cheers

rick1776

Hi All

The cars are packed and on their way to Yngwie this morning. there were no mechanical issues with the cars. and only one failure -Slittlehales Golf that lost a wheel, since been rectifyed.

Thanks again for letting me play with your toys

Good luck John and enjoy.

Alan

"Is it the same car I wonder???" .

Yes Rick the same car I believe

Edited by lenny broke

at the rate this proxy is going we will have time to run another proxy rally this coming years before the next year one starts

Good thing, the locals here get restless when it's not kept on the move

draft_lens11890871module108646531photo_1_1278085261Angry_Mob_Playset_McPhee.jpg

The cars are packed and on their way to Yngwie this morning.

Thanks again for letting me play with your toys

Well done Alan.

John's track is only a stone throw from the race at Homebush on the week end. Maybe some of the carnage will rub off. ;):lol: :lol:

Congrats to those at the pointy end - T & C, LB, Stig/Phil, Devious and Co.

After this third round you would have to think that cars 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 13, 16, 19 & 31 all have a good chance at position on the podium . . . . but different tracks in Sydney, hot weather, wearing tyres and parts and sweaty fingered drivers anything can happen

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

"Is it the same car I wonder???" .

Yes Rick the same car I believe

Yep Haystacks car. Just electrical noise that was randomonly triggering timing hardware.

Yay, I'm notorious in Adelaide for noisy random spitting, and stopping tracks dead in their strips....in notime...who'd a thought.. :lol:

Chris

H.M.C.C

Yay, I'm notorious in Adelaide for noisy random spitting, and stopping tracks dead in their strips....in notime...who'd a thought.. :aussie:

Nice try Haystack, but we woke up to your shannigans real early and got the stop watch out as it was tripping the timer early and also counting short laps, so some times the 'puter said you finished your alotted laps 2 laps earlier than actual. If we let this little issue slide you would have 3.500 seconds as fast laps and you would be the overall leader of the rally now! But that wouldn't be fair or responsible now would it :P

Normal people worry me

Howdy

as promised a few piccys from last weeks round. The picture quality isn't to Hoffy's standard I'm afraid. All are taken with a happy snap type digicam by the Goodladymemsahib. All are action shots and had to be pre-empted as the camera has about a second delay between the button pushed and it goin' orf

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

I'll post some more tomorrow

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

Couple of cool catches there

Al, I just assumed you were working on the Coober Pedy look, 'cept the roads are paved.

Edited by Ember

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction