neil

Tasman Revival

Any one here get to the Tasman Revival this W'end ? 400+ cars, what a site, and noises I havn't heard since the days of Liverpool speedway. Bloody great W/end of racing, walking through the paddock unrestricted, owners/ drivers more than happy to share stories & explain the diference between simular looking classes, :o oh & the noise, :o "me likes the feeling that the F-500's leave in my ear." :D . Those of you who might be lucky enough to own the Lotus Gold leaf,driven by G hill, ;) what a sweet sounding machine as it came past the grandstand ;) , followed by the Ferrari & then the Repco Babham ;) .Past 2 days, nice weather. Today, very wet, well the tables were turned on those larger CC'd veichles. Well not all, But the Torri [Torana], blitzed the Ford GTHO, followed by a FordCapri and then,,,,still coming,,,,,,,,,,a M"B"ustang <_< .

:) Definately keeping ear to ground for next meet or simular. Makes all late model racing seem like a seditive :P ............Except speedway. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I went yesterday and saw 4 of the F5000s stack it on the first turn. Mucho noise, and many tears I bet.

How about the Alfa straight 8, and the Maser 250F? Two of the (many) iconic open wheelers of all time.

Probably most significant car there was Jack Brabhams first car that he built and raced, hidden away in a corner of the tent.

Great day of motor racing history.

:rolleyes:

Steve K.

Oh yeah ,many diamonds in the rough. My mum kept talking of a yellow car with white walls,went down & read it was a choped & channelled Buik driven by Dan Gurney and out classed a lot of factory teams of the day. Took my daughter yesterday as well, I was watching her play in the park[beside G stand] & I was thinking "she don't realise what she is missing". then I remembered how i used to slide down the grass hill on cardboard behind Gstand @ the speedway whilst the racing was on, only to sprint to the fence when there was an accident......man,,I don't want to grow up.

Wanted to go to that but missed out. Hope they bring out a DVD, although nothing I'm sure will match hearing a roaring F5000 in real life!

Also for those that went, were you able to buy tickets at the gate?

Edited by Muscle Car Master

Cheers,

Tony.

Classics in plastic -|- Old skool is cool -|- Driving my muscle car like a shooting star!

It was great, although i went on sunday.. and it was raining!

will have to wait until 2012 till the next one.

there was a dvd being sold on the day. and tickets were sold at the gate

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg

So am i the only one that takes a camera to these things .....where's the photos guys ?

have over 200 pics just dont have buket or clue to post.

So am i the only one that takes a camera to these things .....where's the photos guys ?

have over 200 pics just dont have buket or clue to post.

In the "Announcement" section (top of forum page) under "Forum Related" ..... posting pictures

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

ok a couple of photos, keep in mind that it was hard to take photos as there were a few people there getting in the way.

yes that sounds like a good excuse.

DSC_0610.jpg

DSC_0605.jpg

DSC_0604.jpg

DSC_0594.jpg

DSC_0580.jpg

DSC_0571.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

DSC_0541.jpg

DSC_0514.jpg

DSC_0535.jpg

DSC_0530.jpg

DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0498.jpg

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg

Thanks for some great Pics Kai. I had planned to go but I was a bit "Butchers" on Sunday.

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Here's a few more photo's.

Probably one of, if not 'the', most important cars in Australian motor racing history.

tr2010-16.jpg

tr2010-01a.jpg

tr2010-01b.jpg

tr2010-02.jpg

tr2010-03.jpg

tr2010-06a.jpg

tr2010-07a.jpg

tr2010-07b.jpg

tr2010-12a.jpg

tr2010-12b.jpg

tr2010-12c.jpg

:lol:

Steve K.

Oldslots try brian darby's aussie road racing.Its a good site thats if like old motor racing ..jeff

Brian is a friend of a friend so I visit his site frequently thanks pk

visited the tent a few times, never saw the hood of the midget.

In case anyone is interested in a bit more of Sir Jack's first race car, have a look here.

Steve K.