Ozrally Proxy Series 2010/11 - Round Two

triggy

Thanks for all the hard work Kane and helpers. Thanks for sending the results sheet on to me so quickly. Go wrap the finger around a cold can to ease the pain!

Well done Lenny,356 and Slo1quick, just shows how a different track can change the results. I at least had the best lap time,shame it is so hard to drive.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

First up thanks to Triggy, Hoffy and Rick for doing the business this round.

Congratulations to Tore and Slo1quick for gaining a podium spot each goodonya guys.

It is pleasing to see the Opel get up there today, thanks Kane for a good drive today.

Now on to round 3 at Norton Hills. I intend to run the round starting on Friday the 10th of December at this stage, but if there is an opportunity I will bring it forward to next weekend.

Here's a link to the build thread for the track for those who want a preview

Norton Hill

Cheers Alan

Kane, you didn't let Rick drive any of the cars did you???

How may besides my own will need work to fix'em up???? <_<

.....just shows how a different track can change the results.

Like I said earlier in this thread, there are a lot of different characteristics to each rally track in this series that affects cars in different ways, which in turn produces different results, which keeps the event interesting for the competitors.

I at least had the best lap time,shame it is so hard to drive.

It certainly was quick Phil, deslots on some corners affected your times. It wasn't quite as forgiving as a few of the other cars.

Normal people worry me

It is pleasing to see the Opel get up there today, thanks Kane for a good drive today.

It was a very quick, forgiving car to drive that wouldn't deslot! A pleasure to drive ( along with a lot of the others)

Kane, you didn't let Rick drive any of the cars did you???

How may besides my own will need work to fix'em up???? :)

When it comes to rallying Rick wouldn't know which end of the controller to hold! <_< So, no, he wasn't allowed in the drivers seat.

All cars are good and ready to run, no damage or issues to report.

Normal people worry me

Not goingto get into an argument on here with you Eno, I even put up some measurements to help guide people in their decisions WAAY back in the original thread To help and to give advice back then!

That's the problem Smallnails "WAAAAAYYY back" & the rules move.. next time there's a conversation about Slot Racing not expanding happens perhaps 'Rules written so as to deter amateurs' should be up there.. <_<

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Phil that thing is a bullet!! The slimline thats fitted, is that the original scaly slimline? Man those things are massively overpowered. Youve done real well to tame it as much as you have.

No Triggy didnt let me drive any of the cars Alan. His integrity is beyond reproach. Even when I dropped your car on the floor, while chatting to the pit girls, for the second time while marshalling, it didnt even phase Triggy one bit. The man is made of ice. Triggy is Kimi.

cheers

rick1776

Thanks to Triggy and his helpers for running the round. Happy with 14th, same fastest lap as last year car which was much wider and lower so thats a plus, glad to hear that it wasn't too difficult to drive (those big lumps of lead might have something to do with it). Maybe if it wasn't missing those "frills" it may be a bit quicker <_< . Well done to the top guys, overall points should be interesting now.

Was watching a replay of the last WRC event for the current 2.0lts cars while checking out the proxy results, those guys are insane. Dont know how the 1.6lts cars will go next year but it might give the series the kick up the butt it needs.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

No Triggy didnt let me drive any of the cars Alan. His integrity is beyond reproach. Even when I dropped your car on the floor, while chatting to the pit girls, for the second time while marshalling, it didnt even phase Triggy one bit. The man is made of ice. Triggy is Kimi.

Yeah those pit popsies will talk to anybody. <_<

Yes Rick original Scaley motor now fitted with an 8t pinion to slow it down. It needs a motor about 17 to 18000 to suit the car.

Eno Plenty of entrants that are new to any sort of racing managed to read the rules! The only way they "moved" was to allow cars WIDER than in the first draft.

Looking forward to round 3.

Thaks to kane and all the crew for a well run round. Congratulations to Alan, Tore and slo1quick for the podiums.

Anthony: Jazzbell (101gr,12/36)and OTFS (90.8gr,9/24) have NC8, Gazza ( 75 gr,9/27) and you ( 88gr,9/28) are the NC1 guys..

Thanks to Phil also for the above info on the other NC1 runners. There are heavier cars in there and cars geared similarly to mine, which kind of makes me think it may be that the motor itself is just not pulling it's weight!.

Yeah those pit popsies will talk to anybody. :rolleyes:

Apparently Rick told them he was the famous Race driver Andrea Likestitsalotie. They couldn't get enough of him

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Hi All

I've picked up the box of cars from Triggy last night and will give them a look over tonight. and give them a short run each (5 laps ) on my 2 lane road track to get a feel for the cars. I'll start a new thread later this week.

Eno. I'll have a look at you car when I get home tonight.

Alan