Ozrally Proxy Series 2010/11 - Round Two

triggy

Hey guys. you know i don't mind getting slated i am all in for fun but i am not even in the event.

I will let you both ponder the noisy geared Ninco porsche though..............................................

It finished first.

Triggy was second and i would have to check where Ricks quiet car finished..

it looks like Rick has been made quiet by your car :)

How does it go......

Hat, Coat .......................................................

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have learnt my lesson obi one kenobi. I shall not question the master. I have searched high and low for the noisey 13T pinion which will transcend all known engineering principles. Next time we race the Ninco's you shall hear where I have been but you shall not see where I have been as it will be long gone. :)

cheers

rick1776

IMO, one shouldn't compare results from one round to the other and expect that to be the norm throughout the series. Slotcar rally tracks have a lot of different characteristics and drivers and controllers. All variables that affect results from one round to the other. Those that are up there at the start of the series expect that to be the norm: for some that is the case: for others the results vary. Some have poor results in some rallies and get their 15 minutes of fame when a certain track suits their car and they get a good results. This all part of proxy rallying. Ride the highs and lows and enjoy the outcome for what it is: it is out of your control. You have a 1 in 31 chance of winning a stage.

Keep your expectations low and you won't be dissappointed!

Well said Mr Trig...in fact that can apply to any proxy slotcar event.

My proxy race mantra is from my mother "Prepare for the worst,hope for the best and take what comes"

Remaining your humble servant retaining his low expectations but still hoping for glory.

munter

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Well just got back from helping Triggy out. The rally has been run and won. Wont steal Triggy's thunder but it has been won by someone who is universally liked by all. <_<

Thank god I didnt enter as it has confimed that I havent got the foggiest about rally cars. Embs your car was massively quicker than my Fiat 131. In fact I think everyone was quicker than me. :rolleyes:

cheers

rick1776

Well just got back from helping Triggy out. The rally has been run and won. Wont steal Triggy's thunder but it has been won by someone who is universally liked by all. <_<

Didn't think you had a car running, Rick. :rolleyes:

Thank god I didnt enter as it has confimed that I havent got the foggiest about rally cars.

Some of us have no idea but entered anyway.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

There were a heap of cars that made the list that MIGHT have qualified, the trick was to make sure that it did before you bought it!!

Very nice to get the advice after the fact smallnails.. thanks :rolleyes:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Howdy all. Long time no talk. Just a few pictures taken today while we get ready for the result (sorry, not much variety. Was doing product shots while the rally was being run):

You probably aren't going to believe me, but this was an action shot.....

Porka27DSC02168.jpg

Porka27DSC02160.jpg

Austin27DSC02145.jpg

Austin27DSC02142.jpg

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

There were a heap of cars that made the list that MIGHT have qualified, the trick was to make sure that it did before you bought it!!

I had purchased three cars that were on the list and didn't make it - bloody expensive. How do you get the supplier to take it out of the case and and measure before posting :rolleyes: Never again with me!

Howdy all. Long time no talk. Just a few pictures taken today while we get ready for the result (sorry, not much variety. Was doing product shots while the rally was being run):

Nice clear pics Hoffy <_<

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

That first pic is an absolute beaut Hoffy. Nice catch. Looking forward to seeing some more.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

The 2nd and final stage was run and won this afternoon without any great dramas.

As I said before there were a lot of cars that are fun to drive. A few cars sufferred offs due to the off camber inclined corners where front end set ups wouldn't allow any give, but they will be more successful on the flatter tracks.

Thanks to Rick1776 and Hoffy for their assistance.

Stage 2 results:

Stage2results.png

Overall results:

Finalresults-2.png

The winning cars:

Top3.jpg

Well done to Lenny Broke, 356speedster and Slo1quick for preparing cars that ran really well on this track

Thanks to all participants that entered, allowing me to enjoy another weekend with slotcars.

Cars are packed and will be delivered to Lenny Broke tomorrow.

Normal people worry me

.......Interesting description from page 1 for car #27 - light and flighty... rather appropriate picture really.

Great pics Hoffy....

And it didn't deslot in that first pic either! Yep great pics, and so they should be with all the time he spent clickin' and dickin' around trying to get the best angle etc :rolleyes: .

None of the other pics any good Hoffy??

Edited by triggy

Normal people worry me

Well done Triggy. How is the finger?

Congrats to Lenny , Tore and Slo1quick.

Hey Tore - what did I tell you, when you posted details of your beast <_<

Hopefully some more names at the pointy end after LB's attack.

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Holy cr.. what the hell am I doin' up there ?! 3rd... yabba dabba doo ! Heres to hoping for the best and preparing for the worst !!! <_< I'll take the podium spot happily. :)

Thanks to Triggy and helpers and congrates to Lenny and Speedster !

Is your track considered 1 of the faster tracks Triggy ?

Congrats on the podium guys. Nice one Slo1.

Thankyou linesmen. Thankyou ball boys.

20th spot for the Round Miveson. Who's the happy boy then? <_<

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Im surprised Ash took any shots of the cars at all. He seemed to spend most of the time chatting to the pit girls that Triggy had arranged to be at round 2 of the rally. Nice touch Triggy, the time seemed to fly as a result. Triggy was a man of discipline and just focused on the driving. Me and Hoffy, well lets just say we were distracted big time.

Yep I remember that deslot that want a deslot. I said did you see that, and Ash chimed in with I did better than that I got the snap!!

Pit_Girls_2.jpg

cheers

rick1776

Congrats on the podium guys. Nice one Slo1.

Thankyou linesmen. Thankyou ball boys.

20th spot for the Round Miveson. Who's the happy boy then? <_<

Quite pleased with 20th, there is a real battle ahead of me with Jazzbell, OTFS and Nails, less than 270ms after close to 60 laps, which is pretty amazing really.

I couldn't think of anything that would sound nice for your position, the only positive would be that at least your car is compliant (sorry Eno).

<_< Well. If I hadn't been so determined to have no doubt on compliance I probably wouldn't have made the mistake I made. Such is life.

That'll teach me to follow the rules. ;) I'd be better off working on bending them.

Anyway. Not over. Always got more chance to slip behind.

Hey. I'm doing what I promised I'd do. Stopping everyone else from falling off the bottom of the ladder. :)

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Well done Triggy. How is the finger?

Same as the legs and shoulder after 7 hrs at the drivers station, aching a little....

good to see the car went a lot better on this stage

well done to the guys that won

Yep, a very nice car to drive.

...........Is your track considered 1 of the faster tracks Triggy ?

I wouldn't think so.

Normal people worry me