The New Scaley Sets...

GlovemanP510

Hey Folks

just noticed T-Birds are advertising the new aussie V8 sets as in stock. One of them has a lowndes car in it which obviously isnt one of the cars they are releasing singly.

So the question is is this the same as the lowndes car from two years ago or is it a new one there by forcing us to buy the whole set to get on if we are collectors?

Cheers Gloveman

510emblem.jpg

I rather push my Datto than drive anything else!

...... One of them has a lowndes car in it which obviously isnt one of the cars they are releasing singly.

So the question is is this the same as the lowndes car from two years ago or is it a new one there by forcing us to buy the whole set to get on if we are collectors?

Cheers Gloveman

Thunderbirds advertising clearly states that it is Craig Lowndes HOLDEN so it should be a new car, not the Ford from 2 years ago. Whether it will be released a single car ....??? I hope so!

It also states Steven Richards Ford is the other car although it is not represented on the photo's on the box :huh:

Edited by triggy

Normal people worry me

...... One of them has a lowndes car in it which obviously isnt one of the cars they are releasing singly.

Cheers Gloveman

Thunderbirds advertising clearly states that it is Craig Lowndes HOLDEN so it should be a new car, not the Ford from 2 years ago. Whether it will be released a single car ....??? I hope so!

It also states Steven Richards Ford is the other car although it is not represented on the photo's on the box :huh:

Yep, its Steven Richards car alright. Chris opened up one of the sets today so I could have a gander.

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

I have also purchased a Thundering V8 set to add to my collection. I'm not sure weather to keep the cars inside the set or to pull them out and put them into a single car box? I believe that the Ford is a new shell/model? can't fully see. its those buddy crossover pieces :) With regards of the cars being released singly there are only 4 cars coming out so the only way at the moment to get your hands on a lowndes Holden is through the set, hence why i purchased the set. The other 4 should hit shops in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Jason.

Brooksy

That just made this the most expensive lowndes car yet.... I reckon this means they wont sell too many of the richards cars singly and there could be plenty going cheap on ebay!

Cheers Gloveman

Edited by GlovemanP510

510emblem.jpg

I rather push my Datto than drive anything else!

That just made this the most expensive lowndes car yet.... I reckon this means they wont sell too many of the richards cars singly and there could be plenty going cheap on ebay!

Cheers Gloveman

That will be in direct proportion to his seasons results and the fact that his car has hardly been seen on telecasts this year.......= minimal exposure

Normal people worry me

Don't worry. The Russel Ingall "Supercheap Auto" Holden V8 Supercar will still be released along with the other 3 V8's (Excluding Lowndes "Vodafone" Holden V8) In the coming 2 to 3 weeks. Hopefully before Christmas. I have heard rumors that the lowndes car could be sold separately next yr instead of buying the set. I just hope they do a Whincup one instead of a Lowndes so that the car is more collectable to have.

Jason

Brooksy

Thanks scaley v8,for replying,i've heard from a dealer i know that southern or scaley or hornby,whomever makes the call are pushing to sell more sets whilst the boom is on so simple reason they've put a lowndes car in sets only is to push sets out the door.makes sense,and history will tell you that the lowndes cars have gone like hotcakes previously.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it Christmas season already??

Nope. It's cancelled this year due to lack of enthusiasm.

Seems the rest of them just didn't get the memo.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction