Sign in to follow this  
Yngwie

First Nsw Slot Car Challenge

All Good Chris, I'm sure it will be spot on.

How is Gill going to go driving these slow toy cars? :aussie:

Does anyone know how long it would take to get from the airport to Artarmon by taxi?

Around 25 minutes on an average run.

I'm likely to be going and the airport is on my way so I could pick you up

Mel that would be awsome, I will call you before the event to work out a time when I know my flight itenary.

Thanks

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Gil and his 1/24th mates are very good with RTR I assure you!!

By the way, can we use lexan interiors? i.e. is the interior considered part of the body or not?

Edited by kennedyrd

Gil and his 1/24th mates are very good with RTR I assure you!!

By the way, can we use lexan interiors? i.e. is the interior considered part of the body or not?

I think it is how the car was in original form from the maker which means original interiors.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

I think it is how the car was in original form from the maker which means original interiors.

Sorry to be pedantic, but in our rules we always mention the interior as a seperate item from the body. If this is the case I was thinking as there was no mention of interiors specifically, but we could use any Slot.it parts, then as long as it was a genuine Slot.it lexan interior then this would be eligible. I have not even assembled the race body yet so I am happy either way, but I don't want to be "missing out" either!

Also while we are on the subject, the 2 piece Porsche 956 chassis. Do we have to have the tail section attached or can we just run the main piece? Again happy to comply to any official ruling, no arguments, but don't want to show up and be the "odd one out"!! :mosh:

Sorry to be pedantic, but in our rules we always mention the interior as a seperate item from the body. If this is the case I was thinking as there was no mention of interiors specifically, but we could use any Slot.it parts, then as long as it was a genuine Slot.it lexan interior then this would be eligible. I have not even assembled the race body yet so I am happy either way, but I don't want to be "missing out" either!

Also while we are on the subject, the 2 piece Porsche 956 chassis. Do we have to have the tail section attached or can we just run the main piece? Again happy to comply to any official ruling, no arguments, but don't want to show up and be the "odd one out"!! :mosh:

Maybe Jim or Yngwie could answer this, in most case's if its not mentioned in the rules then its not allowed.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Armchair rules use the interior that come with the car, ie no lexan interior. We will keep it that way for this event to simplify things!

Yes, must have the tail section. I would never have thought of removing that section. You have a very creative mind Kennedy! I like it!

Armchair rules use the interior that come with the car, ie no lexan interior. We will keep it that way for this event to simplify things!

Also while we are on the subject, the 2 piece Porsche 956 chassis. Do we have to have the tail section attached or can we just run the main piece? Again happy to comply to any official ruling, no arguments, but don't want to show up and be the "odd one out"!! ;)

Yes, must have the tail section. I would never have thought of removing that section. You have a very creative mind Kennedy! I like it!

Thanks for the clarifications :mosh:

You have a very creative mind Kennedy! I like it!

Of course - he runs a "Torture House"

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Pardon my ignorance about how you run things, but reading the rules I wondered if there are only complete laps counted or is there a way to record fractions of a lap? Just thinking it might end up with many teams "drawing" on the same number of laps. Must admit, unlikely after 4 hours, but stranger things have happened. <_<

Not sure how Armchair does their timing and partial laps. I know they are using Trackmate but will clarify.

Cheers

John

Not sure how Armchair does their timing and partial laps. I know they are using Trackmate but will clarify.

Cheers

John

I have spoken with Jim and will be assisting with race direction for the event

Contrary to what is indicated in the rules we will be restarting each bracket from the location the cars stop when the track powers down. Teams will simply move cars across the track to the next lane and change lane stickers

This means there will be no potential for dissapointment when teams feel they missed crucial laps

If everyone comes with the right attitude we will do everything we can to make the race fair and enjoyable for all

Cheers

Pete

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Cheers

John

I have spoken with Jim and will be assisting with race direction for the event

Contrary to what is indicated in the rules we will be restarting each bracket from the location the cars stop when the track powers down. Teams will simply move cars across the track to the next lane and change lane stickers

This means there will be no potential for dissapointment when teams feel they missed crucial laps

If everyone comes with the right attitude we will do everything we can to make the race fair and enjoyable for all

Cheers

Pete

Awesome. That is exactly how we do things also using Trackmate. What a wonderful system it is, and used in this way highly accurate. Thanks for that. I see Trackmate as the closest thing to the powerful, but difficult to use DOS based SRT system the US commercial raceways use.

Sorry another technical enquiry. Can we cut off motor shafts to stop tires rubbing on them in sidewinder configurations and also in inline configurations so wheel spacers can be used to adjust the gear mesh? I sort of figure it is allowable under the rule allowing machining to obtain correct mesh etc. Please give an official ruling though. Thanks ;)

Edited by kennedyrd

Hi John, I was informed last night that the Mazda is not eligible to run ,, seems a shame to me as as it would limit the grid somewhat ,, any chance of some clarification?

Guest jazzbell
Hi John, I was informed last night that the Mazda is not eligible to run ,, seems a shame to me as as it would limit the grid somewhat ,, any chance of some clarification?

Hope this is not true. Even though i'm not runing i've built a Mazda for one of the teams that is runing in this event. Why would it not be eligable as it is group C.

Looking at the rules on post 17# Eligible Slot.it group C cars. The Mazda is on that list.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Glad to hear it ,, as there was some conjecture on Tuesday about the dates that it raced as the class is supposed to be 80s grp C ,,,sorry if I caused any angst for anyone but this is what was being said at race night much to my dismay.

Looking forward to this event and meeting our Auslot colleagues.

Cheers Geoff

Hello Everyone,

looking forward to a great night in January.

Thanks for organising this John,I've noticed a couple of posts about tyre wear and want to get a clarification on the rules before the event.

If any part of the car can be replaced, what's to say we couldn't have a number of sets of wheels with tyres glued and trued and simply replace them as needed? Would this be allowed?

Will we see your Mazda now Geoff?

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for organising this John,I've noticed a couple of posts about tyre wear and want to get a clarification on the rules before the event.

If any part of the car can be replaced, what's to say we couldn't have a number of sets of wheels with tyres glued and trued and simply replace them as needed? Would this be allowed?

Matt, this will be allowed to occur. So yes, you may have spare sets to put on but they must remain SLot.it parts (wheels and tyres)

Hello Everyone,

Matt, this will be allowed to occur. So yes, you may have spare sets to put on but they must remain SLot.it parts (wheels and tyres)

Thanks for that clarification.

As one of the "home" teams I thought we would be a little ahead of the visitors but looking at who is competing and preparing cars it looks like there won't be much home ground advantage at all. It'll be good to see all the visitors turn up and be competitive.

The large track is a stunner, has a satisfying rhythm to it on all the lanes and seems to be getting faster all the time. The people who race on it regularly use a variety of different tyres; F-15, F-22 and P6 mainly. Wear isn't extreme.