Sign in to follow this  
Yngwie

First Nsw Slot Car Challenge

I have been in collaboration with Jim at Armchair about organising a teams enduro event which will pit the main Sydney clubs against each other. The clubs who are keen are Team Armchairracer, Team Slotshop, Team SWSRG and Team St Andrews. I have not contacted Slot Factory or the Central Coast group (or any others I dont know about) directly so could you please respond via the forum to register your interest.

Details will be worked out over the coming weeks but the event has been scheduled to run on January 30th 2011. This gives all competing teams fair warning to prepare themselves for what should be an enjoyable event.

Stay tuned!

Regards

John

---- would a Kiwi team be allowed to enter?

you's just plain naughty......... hee hee

we REALLY need this runway extension finished sooner rather than later (was meant to be done ready for the Rugby World Cup) ...... Napier > Sydney direct . . . . . . the world will open up for us when that's done.

John,

I have contacted our group and I'm awaiting replies,I'm keen,but I will have to wait and see what others may wish to do.

Terry (Central Coast/Hunter)

Are we going to answer the NZ guys????

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

The NZ guys are welcome, sure. Hell they are our 7th state anyway! (Will have to change the title of the post though)

Guys, at this stage it looks like it will be Slot.it Group C cars (not confirmed). As to who preps the cars, no decisions have been made yet! What preferences do you guys have?

Regards

John

Edited by Yngwie

How many people are we looking at for each team?

Why race on any old figure 8 track when you could be racing on a track designed to replicate a piece of Australian motorsport history like Oran Park Raceway.

Will be visiting Jim tomorrow to nut out a few details. Looking at least 4 but possibly more! Will have more info by the weekend for sure!

Regards

John

Hi John,

I could certainly see myself & Ian being part of this! You would have no probs getting 8 teams I reckon!

Did you say 6 hr (45min brackets?) (hint...)

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

Tony, I think this would be the ideal time, need to see how Jim is situated with a race that long. But looking promising!

If this one works out ok we could maybe have another one later in the year at a different track!

Any Hornsby guys interested?

Regards

John

Here is what we have come up with. Any comments or suggestions?

Rules & Information

Eligible Cars: 1/32nd Slot.it Group C’s

Duration: 4 hours

Race track: Armchair Racer Large Track (routed wood). The race will be run at 12 volts.

Race format: Team race – Total laps

Team Entries: Team entries are limited to the first 8 teams (of 4 drivers) to sign up (this will ensure 8 brackets across the big track). Teams should sign up prior to the event with a team name, team captain and the team members that you already have. (*In the event of huge demand for entries ... race will be split into two equal groups and raced across both routed tracks across 16 brackets - To Be Advised.)

Extra Drivers: Drivers who wish to join a team should do so prior to the event.

A list of teams with drivers will be available prior to the event.

Race fee: $40 per team (4 drivers per team = $10 entry per driver)

Race Date: 29 January, 2011

Schedule: Saturday 29 January Practice starts @: 4.30pm

Prerace Tech @: 5.30pm

Racing starts @: 6.00pm

Questions – If there are any questions regarding the rules or information about this race,

please contact – jim@armchairracer.com.au

CAR RULES:

* Only one car per team. Teams shall not be allowed to replace their car under any circumstance.

Eligible Cars – 1/32nd scale Slot.it Group C cars

Non magnet class

Types – Group C cars as stipulated

“Slot-it” Group C cars

• Lancia LC2

• Mazda 787B

• Porsche 956

• Porsche 962

• Sauber C9 Mercedes

• Jaguar XJR9

• Jaguar XJR12

Tyres –

The rear tyres must be Slot.it P or F series tyres

* The front tyres must be stock or Slot.It rubber. (no Silicone)

* The tyres/wheels must be inside the fenders when viewed from the top (Tyres/Wheels/Gears/Motor-Shaft may be machined to accomplish this).

* Tyres may be glued, trued, shaped, sanded, and narrowed (no tyre treatments).

* Parts – Any part manufactured by Slot.It is legal. Any spacers are allowed to shim the wheels and gears for proper fit. Unless specifically allowed in another rule, all parts must be unmodified.

* Weight – The maximum weight as measured on Armchair Racer's Magnet Marshall shall be 100g

You may add weight as long as the total weight does NOT exceed 100g.

The first 3 teams across the line shall be scrutineered to ensure the 100g limit is

adheared too.

If any team exceeds the 100g weight limit shall be disqualified.

* Body/Chassis – Body/Chassis must be the stock Slot.it chassis that came with the car. The only allowed modifications stated below. These modifications are to serve no other purpose. (No HRS Chassis kits.)

* The body/chassis may be trimmed for clearance to allow the body to float.

* Cosmetic changes are allowed (painting, stripes, stickers, etc.). No added or removed bodywork

* Wheel Inserts – The plastic wheel inserts are optional.

* Motors - any standard Slot.It motor will be permissable.

* Tuning – Normal Car/Chassis Tuning is allowed (Braids, tire gluing/sanding, body/pod loosening, etc.)

TEAM RULES:

1. Team Car - Only one car is allowed per team

2. Event duration: 4 hours

3. Teams - Each team consists of 4 drivers. This has been changed (27 Nov) as we believe 6 drivers in a 4 hour Enduro is too many.

4. Driver Changes - Teams need to change their driver every 15 minutes. (Please be respectful of other teams by trying not to block their view). At the end of each bracket, teams have 50 seconds to change colour stickers to their cars, change controllers and have their car ready for the next bracket.

5. Team Marshal - Each team is required to provide at least 1 track marshal at all times (2 lap penalty will apply for each offence - with 4 members per team there is no excuse for not having a marshal in position).

6. Hand controllers - any hand controller may be used. Hand controllers are to be positive wired.

RACE RULES:

1. Pre-race tech. – Prior to the start of the racing, each car entry will go through a pre-race tech consisting of a visual inspection based on the car rules.

2. Race - Multiple brackets with a brief intermission in between. Each team will change lanes after each bracket, rotating thru all 8 lanes. The length of the individual brackets on each lane will be 30 minutes.

3. Dry Tyres and Braids – The cars tyres and braids must be dry at all times when on the track. Tyre “goop” is not allowed. Braid “juice” is not allowed.

4. Maintenance & Repairs - Major car repair should be taken to the team “garage” area and is not to interfere with racing or marshalling. If glue is used for repairs, it must be completely dry before the car goes back onto the track.

5. Parts Replacement - All parts can be replaced except for the Body. If replacing the chassis, you must use the motor, gears, wheels, axles, yires, pod and guide from the old chassis.

6. Bracket Change - During the intermission periods (50 seconds lane change) between segments, during which the car sticker and car will be returned to the start line (all cars must start from start line). The team driver’s controller is also connected to the appropriate lane for the next segment. (No tyre cleaning, braid adjustments/cleaning, etc. – This must be done “on the clock”.)

7. Missed Laps – Due to the nature of this event, it would be difficult to accurately account for any missed (uncounted) laps. Therefore, laps missed for any reason will not be included into the lap totals.

8. Dinner - There will be a break around half distance ... this will be dictated by when the pizza arrives (available for additional cost to be advised on the night) - during the stage ... the cars will remain on the track and untouched.

9. Post-race tech. – At the completion of the race, all cars will be impounded for a post-race tech consisting of a teardown inspection for adherence to the rules. One car at a time will tech’d according to the finishing order 1st thru 3rd. A representative of each team will be asked to dismantle their car for inspection by the officials.

10. Finish Order - Each team’s accumulated lap total (and successful post-race tech inspection) determines the race finish order.

ADDITIONAL RULES:

In addition to these rules, all Armchair Racer rules apply for this event. In the case of a rule conflict, the rules in this document superseded the rules in the Armchair General Rules. The race director decision (Jim Berry) shall be final

1st prize

* SISC02 Special Edition Car – European Slot.it Championship 2010. It is the Blue Porsche Warsteiner that will be given as prizes for the Teams in Brussels.

* Armchair Racer voucher for Slot it parts valued at $120.00

2nd prize

* Armchair Racer voucher for Slot it parts valued at $60.00

TEAM REGISTRY

1. AR TEAM 1 'ARTARMON THROTTLE STRANGLERS'

2. AR TEAM 2 'AUDI RAINES SUPERIME'

3. SLOT CAR FACTORY RACING

4. SYDNEY MODEL CAR GROUP

5. TEAM ALIEN (KIWI)

6. TEAM SWSRG

7. TEAM SHIRE

8. TEAM SLOT SHOP

Edited by Yngwie

Teams interested in participating in this event (includes those keen from outside NSW - ignore the title) should fire off an email to Jimatarmchairracer.com.au (remove the at and replace with the usual symbol) indicating the team name, team captain and any other driver names. The car you are entering might help as well.

Kind Regards

The @ works???????? Hope your not in IT.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

Yep. Stops bots searching webpages for the @ symbol linking it to valid email addresses. Of course, if spammers want to visit each page themself then nothing stops that!

Yeah Sorry Kennedy, it is Saturday 29 January. We had a little mix up to begin with.

Just let everyone know that Armchair Racers tracks are raw Ferrodor, if that helps!

Cheers

John

Thanks, but just wondering what is the min no. of people needed to make up a team or could it just be one or two of us? Doesn't seem to state in the rules anywhere. What tires do you guys generally use in club racing and do they last more than one race?

Hi Kennedy, minimum of 4. If you dont have the numbers I am sure there are guys on this forum you could hook up with.

As for tyres, the rules state Slot.it P or F series tyres. I have a Ferrodor track as well and find that the F 22's give the greatest grip but that is traded off with their life. I find the P6's or P4's to be the best on my track and the other guys in the SWSRG group! Just my 2 cents worth of course!

Regards

John

Hi Kennedy, minimum of 4. If you dont have the numbers I am sure there are guys on this forum you could hook up with.

As for tyres, the rules state Slot.it P or F series tyres. I have a Ferrodor track as well and find that the F 22's give the greatest grip but that is traded off with their life. I find the P6's or P4's to be the best on my track and the other guys in the SWSRG group! Just my 2 cents worth of course!

Regards

John

Thanks for that. I doubt there would be four of us from NZ so will see what can be done.