First Nsw Slot Car Challenge

Yngwie

I have been trying to organise a team. It looks like we may be able to form our own team. Admittedly not of our best drivers, but rather those keen to attend, myself included. I wondered was there a maximum number in a team? I read on the Scale model champs thread you are only going to have four in a team?

Is there a photo of the track anywhere? I presume on Armchair's website? Any idea of the length and length of straight, just approximately. :huh:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been trying to organise a team. It looks like we may be able to form our own team. Admittedly not of our best drivers, but rather those keen to attend, myself included. I wondered was there a maximum number in a team? I read on the Scale model champs thread you are only going to have four in a team?

Is there a photo of the track anywhere? I presume on Armchair's website? Any idea of the length and length of straight, just approximately. :huh:

Chris,

If your having trouble rounding up team members im happy to run with you guys..if needed. :D

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

There are some Armchair Racer guys keen to race in the event next year. However we have already entered 1 team. to make it fair for the other teams we need to wait on numbers before we could be allowed to enter a second team. if not some of the guys like myself are keen to make up the numbers for another team. I think we need to wait and see at this stage. Can't wait!

Jason

Brooksy

[if your having trouble rounding up team members im happy to run with you guys..if needed. :huh2:

Thanks Davnic, much appreciated. It very much looks like we will be able to field a team of Kiwis now, so please at least lodge us as an entry. I could pay the entry fee via Armchair Racer.

Any comments or suggestions?

What time and what's for dinner :huh2: :)

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Could I please get a ruling on if there is a maximum number of drivers per team? It's just that from hard won experience, getting exactly a certain number of drivers,(e.g. 4) especially if it involves international flights is fraught with uncertainties, right up until the last days! If we were allowed say from 4 to 6 drivers this ensures we will at least have a minimum number on the start line. <_<

TEAM RULES:

1. Team Car - Only one car is allowed per team.

2. Event duration: 4 hours

3. Teams - Each team consists of minimum of 4, maximum 6 drivers.

4. Driver Changes - Teams need to change their driver every 15 minutes. (Please be respectful of other teams by trying not to block their view). At the end of each segment, teams have 2 minutes to change colour stickers to their cars, change controllers and have their car ready for the next segment.

5. Team Marshal - Each team is required to provide at least 1 track marshal at all times.

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg

Ooops, it was in the rules all along! Blame it on the eyesight, same eyes that are used to drive with, so don't think I'm trying to out brake anyone, I probably just can't see that far! Thanks for clarifying all that anyway. That makes the "Alien" team's life that much easier. We look forward to meeting you all and ruining our paint jobs on the Ferrodor. Have given the team painter expilicit instructions to not put too much effort into our paint job! He gets carried away otherwise. :huh:

Edited by kennedyrd

Hi guys,...I was thinking this could be a rather interesting and Fun Event to Enter.

Being a somewhat more regular HSC Racer, (apart from it realistically being My Home track, having started racing there,..Waaay back when I was a Much younger 'Lad').

Having Also raced a bit at SlotShop, it would have been good to have had a run again with those guys.

I have mentioned My interest in this to Both James and Wayne and to a few Others whom I thought would be interested,..BUT,...it is unfortunately Scheduled to occur on the Same Day that HSC is Holding it Annual and Long standing 'Australia Day Classic' Race and Many/Most of the arguably Suitable drivers, will be Heavily engaged in Racing on the day at the HSC Event.

This leaves Very Few suitably interested drivers from the 'Ranks' at HSC to actually form a Team as such, which is somewhat unfortunate, as there certainly is/was interest in the event with many of the HSC 'Regulars'.

A bit of a shame really, as it would have been good to have had some representation from HSC, in what sounds like will be an interesting and Worthy event.

Will obviously let you know if we Do manage to assemble a Team, but if Not, then I for one wish you all the best of Luck and hope for a succesful and enjoyable event.

Cheers,

Stewart :)

Hey guys, just made an important change to reflect the rules as stated on www.armchairracer.com.au. Rule 5. Any slot.it motor may be used but must strictly adhere to the rule which states the car must be under 100g on the magnet marshall!

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks Pete

Regards

John

Hey guys,

I've heard rumors that the enduro could be run on both tracks therefore there will be 16 teams in total. Is this true??? It would be interesting trying to set up a car for both tracks. Can't wait!

Jason.

Yes this is an option if there is enough interest from teams. To clarify the 100gram weight limit is determined using the magnet marshal so be aware that the high magnetic downforce motors like the flat six will push it over the 100grams if set up on an ordinary scale

Cheers

Pete

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Hey guys, just made an important change to reflect the rules as stated on www.armchairracer.com.au. Rule 5. Any slot.it motor may be used but must strictly adhere to the rule which states the car must be under 100g on the magnet marshall!

Sorry for the confusion.

So you are saying any motor now? I set a car up using an orange endbell! I am confused where the change came from?

Also is the track MagnaBraid that we are measuring mag downforce. I have a magnet marshall, but there is a quite a variation amongst them so will have to calibrate it against Armchair's one.

Edited by kennedyrd

I am very sorry Kennedy. There was a miscommunication error and the rules were written in 2 different places, and they had a difference in them. (honest mistake) I have taken them word for word from Armchairs site to ensure they are the same. Any slot.it motor is allowed but must stay within the 100g down force limit.

Surprised to hear you have already built a car?

Regards

John

I am very sorry Kennedy. There was a miscommunication error and the rules were written in 2 different places, and they had a difference in them. (honest mistake) I have taken them word for word from Armchairs site to ensure they are the same. Any slot.it motor is allowed but must stay within the 100g down force limit.

Surprised to hear you have already built a car?

Regards

John

No worries,

I am very fortunate in having our Slot.it dealer nearby, plus having most parts already on hand, so R&D is quite quick. Also I have used Slot.its in our our Proxy Race and so have an idea of what I think may work. Early days, could be completely different my Jan! :)

I am very fortunate in having our Slot.it dealer nearby

You don't own the Garden Cafe do you? :)

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

I am very fortunate in having our Slot.it dealer nearby

You don't own the Garden Cafe do you? :)

LOL Mel ......... nah, he lives closer to the CBD than us, and deals with the results of too much good cake from said garden cafe....... he runs a "torture house" . . or 3 with numerous chairs at about 3 "houses of pain"

Actually we got to drive his "build" last night in a time trial at club, running the F22 tyres which we don't use regularly in any club class, so he was working in the unknown.

All I can say is . . . . "be afraid, be very afraid" - if the setup works on the Armchair track, that is one very lethal weapon.......even if it does sound uncharacteristically loud compared to his usual "stealth bombers"

We also noticed, he had already worn out a set of F22 tyres in testing . . . . . on gloss . . . . .

He doesn't spend much time actually drilling holes in peoples mouths, he has slaves for that..... I think most of his day is spent BEHIND the surgery at number 100, running around the NPSR track.....

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

All I can say is . . . . "be afraid, be very afraid" - if the setup works on the Armchair track, that is one very lethal weapon.......even if it does sound uncharacteristically loud compared to his usual "stealth bombers"

We also noticed, he had already worn out a set of F22 tyres in testing . . . . . on gloss . . . . .

Really looking forward to driving this car and racing with the NZ guy's, if it goes anything like his proxy cars it should be a rocket :)

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Really looking forward to driving this car and racing with the NZ guy's, if it goes anything like his proxy cars it should be a rocket :aussie:

We are all looking forward to this event immensely and meeting you all face to face. Having "met" you on the forums and seen many of your proxy cars all that remains is to actually meet you face to face. I hope we can understand each others accents!

Even Gil Andrews, one of the biggest 1/24th metal stalwarts there ever was, is looking forward to it! He won your Open Wing Car Nats this year, which is serious stuff! He also owns the biggest online slot car shop in NZ devoted to this kind of stuff. You RTR guys might find some rather tasty stuff on his website www.hobbiesplus.co.nz, and he didn't ask or pay me to say this! The tools will make you drool!

He will help us with what and how to pack to transport our cars over there. Please don't think my car will be anything special, we are really stepping into the unknown with your Ferrodor tracks which are much bigger than we are used to.

Davnic, I must "justify" the noisy mesh. It is an old "mule"motor with an old "mule" pinion on a brand new spur. I assure you it will not be running that when I come over! I was also using 12/31 gearing on a track that is best on 10/33! I felt sorry for the motor listening to it groan and strain! ;)

All Good Chris, I'm sure it will be spot on.

How is Gill going to go driving these slow toy cars? :aussie:

Does anyone know how long it would take to get from the airport to Artarmon by taxi?

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

All Good Chris, I'm sure it will be spot on.

How is Gill going to go driving these slow toy cars? :aussie:

Does anyone know how long it would take to get from the airport to Artarmon by taxi?

Around 25 minutes on an average run.

I'm likely to be going and the airport is on my way so I could pick you up