OzRally Proxy Series 2010/11 - Round One

kalbfellp

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The surface on Stigs track is a mix of different paints. He tried some different paints trying to simulate changing road surfaces YET they all drive about the same.

PM sent about you tyres.

Ember Yes once I removed a small piece of matter from the crown gear! No idea what! Your car drives well,easy to drive.

If I'd left it stock Rick it wouldn't have passed scrutineering. Would've been too low.

No idea what the extraneous matter could've been in the crown. Never mind.

Ok. We can stop the proxy now. I can't see anywhere to go but down. :)

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

dunger.

Oh well, plenty of room for improvement. It must be a surface thing, mine and slittlehales cars are both running ortmann comps, i wonder if anybody further up the field has chosen ortmann comps?

What are Ortmann comps Chris?. My car is on Ortmann tyres but they are the ones that replaced the blue dust compound, I think.

No idea what the extraneous matter could've been in the crown. Never mind.

Probably just a couple of chipped teeth on the crown. Not to worry I think the new ratio will suit the track better anyways :)

You think not a likely coagulation of superfluous amounts of molybdenum from the grease?

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

probably a piece of randomoneum Embs, normally found in proxy cars post series, sometimes also found in second hand eBay specials.

Tony the 'new grey' ortmanns are the ortmann comps, might explain your healey's less than desired performance in prologue too. My car was pretty good for grip on the tracks i tested it on, including dirty ones. Oh well, hopefully this doesn't hurt the end result too much.

I'm assuming you cleaned the tyres on the 'grip challenged' cars Phil?

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

I cannot remember all the cars without grip.

The track was cleaned with metho and allowed to dry, all the cars tyres were cleaned with a water based cleaned,as many are using eurethane tyres.

I thing Smallnails and Taz may have Ortman tyres as well. They certainly don't grip when eurethane tyres have been run on the track first.

Smallnails struggles for grip when he visits down here.

Smallnails struggles for grip when he visits down here.

I do to. It's the Mercury Cider. Although drinking and licking the tyres at the same time shows great improvement.duck.gif

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Looks like my revisions to last year's Healey have proved remarkably successful in making it slower.

What motor powers the Healey Antony?

Yngwie,

Last year the car was tippy and overpowered according to the feedback I got. So I took out the black NC2 it ran last year and replaced it with an NC1, I also pulled out the full interior and replaced it with a vac form one, a smidge of weight was removed, while the side weights previously in the chassis were transferred to under the chassis. All this made it perform with much more aplomb on it's one trip round our dusty kid trashed home Sport track before it went in the post, it seemed less tippy and actually slid around sharp corners. Unfortunately what I felt to be an improvement has obviously not translated into the real world. Should have run the Porsche 356.

Nobody is last yet, we haven't really started.

Exactly. The Fat Lady hasn't even been invited yet.

A shake down on one track doesn't tell you a lot. Different drivers, tracks, hand controllers and voltage still to come.

From my humble experience with rally proxy's it will take 3 - 4 rounds to see how each car really performs.

Fastest laps do not always mean winners. It is how fast each of the track hosts can drive giving each car its best possible shot without or very few offs.

Best of luck everyone.

My money for the series winner will be a stock standard car with only changing tyres, a more suitable (same brand) motor and weight to replace the magnuts. eg: No alternative running gear, no chassis mods other than to allow body roll.

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

My money for the series winner will be a stock standard car with only changing tyres, a more suitable motor and weight to replace the magnuts.

Which pretty much equates to a complete re-hash.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Nobody is last yet, we haven't really started.

Exactly. The Fat Lady hasn't even been invited yet.

A shake down on one track doesn't tell you a lot. Different drivers, tracks, hand controllers and voltage still to come.

From my humble experience with rally proxy's it will take 3 - 4 rounds to see how each car really performs.

Fastest laps do not always mean winners. It is how fast each of the track hosts can drive giving each car its best possible shot without or very few offs.

Best of luck everyone.

My money for the series winner will be a stock standard car with only changing tyres, a more suitable (same brand) motor and weight to replace the magnuts. eg: No alternative running gear, no chassis mods other than to allow body roll.

this rules my car out the only part left std is the body o wait i lightened it dam

Untitled-1.jpg