OzRally Proxy Series 2010/11 - Round One

kalbfellp

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow !

Nice stuff Phil.

It looks like a battle of the SCX Abarths might also be taking place ? Are there five or so of those?

I recognise mine because of the enlarged bonnet apertures...this was to allow greater airflow of the slightly thicker air we have over here in NZ.

regards

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Congrats on the 3 'onlys'. 1 Torri (looks big at the front of the pack Phil), 1 Opel and 1 Datto. Are they the only singles?

30 little cars makes for quite a big grid.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Team Slot Alpine would be the orange one with the massive flares?

I expected there'd be a couple more Talbots. I shoulda snaffled one of them while they were on special. Arh well.

Hope its a good run.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Superb looking field, good luck to all and sundry.....

Embs, I'll be watching your entry with renewed interest, that's if I can determine which Alpine is yours? You'll easily be able to spot my Spyder as it's the one without the orange spot running 2nd last, behind Phil's....

Mark

Yes a great looking range of cars.

i will certainly be interested to see how my refettled, hopefully improved, Healey goes against the other two now in the field. Last year it was the only one entered and there was no chance to see how it compared against another similar car. Although, thinking about it, maybe I should have bitten the bullet and gone the Porsche 356 this year, when you are running the only one of it's kind you always get a class win.....

Miveson, my Alpine is the grubby one. Although it looks remarkably clean in the photos. Last photo, behind the black and green veranda on the right. It'll be easier to identify in a class photo. It's the one with L plates on it. :D

Looking forward to the fun/mayhem.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

That does look impressive Phil. Is that a "4 lane rally track" or was that just for the pics? ie do each of the 4 lanes go off in different directions?

That is the track your DUPR Mosler starred on last year rock...how soon we forget... ;) :rofl: :rofl:

Chris

H.M.C.C

So you don't make the mistake Triggy

learner_rallier.jpg

It's also a bit on the grubby side. Too many laps on the track. I asked His Lordship to give it a clean up while he was doing the other cars, but obviously slipped his mind.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Embs,

Lovely touch putting the L plate on. I'll try and stay in front of it (as if)...

embs.jpg

;):o:);):lol:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

That will very probably happen somewhere along the line Flip. I have little doubt.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Found a little time on Sunday after adding numbers to all the cars to give them a 5 lap shakedown run.

I have only recorded the best lap time. A couple of the SCX cars need a bit of braid tuning as they are loosing some contact on the tight corners.

Prologue.jpg

Several cars are struggling for grip, Taz,smallnails,Manimal and littlehales were the main ones. These would be faster with more grip.

Edited by kalbfellp