Nz Canam Proxy Race 2011

SlotsNZ

Hi guys

this thread is just to post any pictures of the actual car you are entering - and later, when it's prepared, to add your slot entry below the actual car picture.

Anyone who doesn't have ability to host pictures anywhere can send them to me, and I'll put them up.

I had some to start it off

BishBosh Porsche 908

BishBosh%20908.GIF

Stubbo Matich SR3

Stubbo-Matich.GIF

Eno Porsche 917/10

ENO-917.GIF

I-Slot Cooper Monaco T61

I-Slot-Cooper.GIF

Ajay Lola T70

Lola%20T-70%20Mk3.jpg

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Did you notice Donohue's car is sponsored by Die Hard? I didn't think that came out until the 90's.. unless it's just the Chevalier Effect in action..

Basically, the Chevalier Effect occurs when facts brought up in a book or article are historically inaccurate, but appear later in life. For example, The Chevalier Effect is like the Greenhouse Effect (which it definitely isn't), and although the Greenhouse Effect wasn't a term coined until later in the twentieth century, it was because of the Chevalier Effect (which was named after a Maurice Chevalier song in which two characters contradict everything the other says)

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Did you notice Donohue's car is sponsored by Die Hard? I didn't think that came out until the 90's.. unless it's just the Chevalier Effect in action..

The DieHard battery was launched back in 1967 during the early years of Can Am, so what better advertising vehicle than Captain Nice's car?

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Basically, the Chevalier Effect occurs when facts brought up in a book or article are historically inaccurate, but appear later in life. For example, The Chevalier Effect is like the Greenhouse Effect (which it definitely isn't), and although the Greenhouse Effect wasn't a term coined until later in the twentieth century, it was because of the Chevalier Effect (which was named after a Maurice Chevalier song in which two characters contradict everything the other says)

And in keeping with the sentiment of this post....Donohue's car is in fact....Follmers..! (the Glen '72) :D:D:P

Chris

H.M.C.C

Sorry to mention it,..but neither of those Coopers are or were CanAm Racers and were built Way before the Group 7 rules and would arguably Not be Much competition within that environment,..lol

Not to suggest that they aren't nice and somewhat interesting cars,..lol

Sorry to mention it,..but neither of those Coopers are or were CanAm Racers and were built Way before the Group 7 rules and would arguably Not be Much competition within that environment,..lol

Not to suggest that they aren't nice and somewhat interesting cars,..lol

Stoo, that's what we have databases for......... Note that I-Slot's entry lists the race details, as all entries in the NZPR must under the series rules.

http://www.racingsportscars.com/race/Mont-...1966-09-11.html

And the WSPR database http://www.wspr-racing.com/wspr/results/canam/canam1966.html

The picture I posted of the Veedol #169 Cooper Monaco T61 is from the grid of that race.

But this thread, as I have stated at the top is for one sole thing, for posting of pictures of the original car, and the slot car entry in the series, so I'll be deleting all extraneous posts in a day or two.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hmm,..OK,..Not to make too fine a point of it, I am assuming you mean the car Driven by the Canadian Nat Adams?,..Yes?

I will agree that it Did run,..In the First Year of CanAm,..but if you check,..it ONLY ran at St.Jovite in 1966, where it finished a somewhat lowly 19th, completing 62 laps as compared to John Surtees' 75 laps. It's best qualifying time, was a 1.57.2 compared to Surtees' 1.38.4.

As far as I am aware it did Not compete at any other rounds,..probably due to it being severely Out Gunned by the competition!,..lol

BUT,..Once again, you will find that strictly speaking that was a Much Modified car, bearing only 'Resemblance to a standard Cooper Monaco, Much like the Heavily Modified Shelby variants.

Anyway,..you Are correct,..you Win !!,..lol

OK,..sorry to Mess up your Thread !!!

It was Only for accuracies sake,..

Edited by stoo23

And in keeping with the sentiment of this post....Donohue's car is in fact....Follmers..! (the Glen '72) :D:lol::P

ROFL! I give up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.