Pioneer Camaro?

Muscle Car Master

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Auslot is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but you never know who might be looking.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

There are spies everywhere Steve. ;)

I saw Clevo peeking a look at your CanAm set up last week. Tried to warn him but he said hes going to copy all those secret go fast tuning tricks you had on your car. :P

Ah so Clevo wants to build a podium car , nice to see hes like me ..... happy with 3rd place every now n then :lol:

Ember is correct. Too many eyes checking things out. All the forums are populated by spies in many guises. I expected some 'me too' pinching of ideas and several rivals will simply try a loss leader or a spoiler tactic just for the hell of it. Despite the welcoming of the Pioneer brand by slot car buyers there are several peeps whose wish we'd go away for a number of reasons. The overall market is so small that a newcomer maker already selling multiple 1000's of slot cars every month is chipping away at other brands sales. We are not selling into a new sector of buyer profile, we are chewing at the core of the general slot-car-dollar wallet.

I remain concerned that there will be problems for other makers over the next couple years as over production from the previous 12 months (from the larger makers) chokes the regular distribution channels with product that is simply not being purchased unless the prices are slashed viciously from the distribution source. This is already starting to happen in Europe. Makers that use larger facilities in China can't just chop the numbers of models made by a half. Their factories are geared to produce, say, 15000 units a month. Trying to turn off that tap will result in a revolt from the factory and production switched to another client that churns out toy trains at 50000 pcs a month. A maker will loose cred with the factory and not easily be able to 'slot' back into the system once the momentum is lost.

Some consolidation and amalgamation of the slot car business is required - and should be expected - as time goes on. Digital is one of the biggest problems the industry is facing. 4 incompatible systems? Barking mad. That has to change or one or more will die off.

Anyway, thanks for your positive comments regarding the Camaro. Naturally, at this early stage of business development, it is a very important model for Pioneer.

Cheers

Jules

A normal production run is 15000 units? So a limited edition run is 14999?? :lol:

get your hat and coat and P.O. Rick

awww come on I thought that was funny

The nursing staff must have forgotten to put the benzos in the crunchy granola this morning. Very fiesty. :P

cheers

rick1776

I can understand the other manufacturers wanting to protect their share of what is a rather limited market. What I can't understand is why Pioneer seem to be copping a bit of flack from the user end of things.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Pioneer, I for one are one of many who would prefer for the Pioneer brand of slot cars NOT to go away. The quality of the product speaks for itself, plus the brand looks after the niche' of the classic American muscle car segment of the SC market which is all good from my side of the fence. All Pioneer really needs to worry about is to do some Aussie muscle cars and the future will be set.

Anyway the next slot car I buy will be the Pioneer Camaro so bring it on! B)

Cheers,

Tony.

Classics in plastic -|- Old skool is cool -|- Driving my muscle car like a shooting star!

"Digital is one of the biggest problems the industry is facing. 4 incompatible systems? Barking mad. That has to change or one or more will die off"

It might be a pipe dream, but couldn't they just decide on a chip that they all could use and make and then make their own systems to work with that chip. Then anyone could race their car on a SSD or Nico track or whatever with the same cars? They did it in the train hobby and digital train layouts expolded. This way each manufacturer could still build their own powerbases with whatever bells and whistles they wanted to suit their own track.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

China is down to a 2 out of 7 day working week due to power restrictions. If Bob Brown gets his way and dismantles the coal industry I suspect we will never get the 67 Chev :lol:

Come on Jules when's it coming. Im still wanting the PC incorrect Peter Finch Camaro with the Winston livery :) Grew up watching this car going around AIR as a youth. Tastes good just like a cigarette should.......Winston.

cheers

rick1776

Is that power as in energy or power as in "get back to work before I flay your little ass".

If they fail in their plan for world domination via economic means then will they revert to making tanks..... :lol::lol::lol:

This week the President of China was here in Birmingham looking at his, sorry our, new MG. Every car has it's own mechanic, that'll push up the cost of rice.

Ashes to ashes funk to funky we all know Chris is a junkie.

Wet winter. Rice is back on the Aussie crop rotation. Increased rice price is a good thing CfC.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

China is down to a 2 out of 7 day working week due to power restrictions. If Bob Brown gets his way and dismantles the coal industry I suspect we will never get the 67 Chev :lol:

Come on Jules when's it coming. Im still wanting the PC incorrect Peter Finch Camaro with the Winston livery :) Grew up watching this car going around AIR as a youth. Tastes good just like a cigarette should.......Winston.

24.jpg

14.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

That Winston/Indy Shop Camaro looks awesome! Did it race here or overseas (US, NZ, etc)?

South Aussie driver early to mid 70s. Raced on most tracks around Australia but mostly in SA. Indy speed shop on OG Road, have no idea if the shop still exists.

What rumour you talking about Steve? Those little Legend cars are on the drawing board, going to be tiny though unless Jules applied an NSR 1/32 scale upgrade :lol:

cheers

rick1776

That Winston/Indy Shop Camaro looks awesome! Did it race here or overseas (US, NZ, etc)?

South Aussie driver early to mid 70s. Raced on most tracks around Australia but mostly in SA. Indy speed shop on OG Road, have no idea if the shop still exists.

What rumour you talking about Steve? Those little Legend cars are on the drawing board, going to be tiny though unless Jules applied an NSR 1/32 scale upgrade :lol:

I think the Indy Speed shop was vacated to become a hydroponics shop - more money in supplying goods to those south aussies that grow funny tomatoes than selling car parts or Av gas maybe

That car still exists ,well at least the roof and door panels do, The Jarret Bros had it for a while and built it into a tube frame chassis, last I heard Bob Middleton had it, he used to bring it out for a run occasionally when they still ran sport sedan races at the Mallala state rounds. Haven't seem it for a couple of years.

I have seen the car racing at AIR when I was a lad (some time back when)and as mentioned at Bobs work shop.

The OG Speed Shop still is ! and on OG Road . Good old fashioned speed shop, with no elcheepo seat covers and cabin fresheners.

Len and his wife still going strong. They once helped us with our rail and Leny still keeps in touch with one of my mates now based in the US.

Gets you thinking of what was,

Paul

Try Harder, if you dont fail your not trying hard enough