Pioneer Camaro?

Muscle Car Master

I of course mean the 1967-1969 Fire bird the first generation,

if i am not mistaking Pontiac was using the body panel molds from the Camaro and only gave it minor changes,

most to the front and back but the body shape was the same...and not like an Hillman Imp :rolleyes: ..

I actually remember a similar discussion with you asking a similar question,

will have a look as i can remember i stashed some pics of the race variations somewhere :unsure:

24Hr Daytona entry:

1969 24Hr

Another pic of it

I know you most likely have these but still

Edited by Jaak Beentjes

club-1.pngchristian-fish-symbola.jpg

THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Trev,

Where were you last night for the committe meeting?? We took a vote and decided to ban the SCX Cuda ;) Sorry Trev, dont take it personally. :P

There are 8 liveries for the Javelin that I can think of and most of those are variations of red white blue and the two yellow ones. There is however a very left field "weird" livery for the Javelin but I cant say too much about that one. I think the Javelin will make a killer slotcar as its a big car much like the Cuda. I might be right off the mark here but Id be surprised if the Cuda was available before the end of the year. The Camaro Id hope would be soonish. When does Chineses new year celebrations start? Id be writing that month off.

Hey Rick sorry i didn't make it to the meeting but i was racing slotcars. Hard to believe huh? I was also testing my NZPR can am in between heats. Interesting to see if anyone does do a javelin. Would make a great grid for a trans am enduro a camaro a mustang a cuda and a javelin. Theres a good race if they all get done. I will put up my hand to prep the Cuda and i promise to not call out "go the valiant".

Edited by first corner crash

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

• 2 weeks later...

The second shots were done recently. If they were OK then I suspect its a matter of booking time for a production run. If the second shots still werent good enough then I suspect its back to the drawing board for some more re-tooling.

Maybe Jules can fill us in with the state of play. You out there Jules??

cheers

rick1776

Jules is always listening. I'm sure his spidey sense is tingling, even now. :D

Gorgeous, isn't it?

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

i see it more as the 'candy apple red' all the teens seemed to choose back in the day for their custom street muscle

very very nice isn't it!

and also great to finally have a proper '69 charger (not the 500 fastback that most manufacturers chose to model)

i think only eldon did a '69 back in the day - and a wee bit smaller than 1/32 ... and maybe one or two obscure companies with clear shell versions

good show mr Jules

Contributing to the Rickleaks fighting fund, Miveson?

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• 1 month later...

OK the 67/68Camaro test shots are finally out. Will come with 3 bonnet options, vents, smooth and reverse cowling. And 2 boot options, with and without filler cap. Apparently Cleveland already has the limited edition stealth unpaintd version. Loosgood to me. :) Will also be available in plain white kits.

Camaro68_2.jpg

Camaro68_3-1.jpg

Camaro68_1.jpg

cheers

rick1776

Looking good so far, hopefully it'll come with a front/rear spoiler. Looks like they gonna have removable hoods and bootlids? In anycase, I'll take the reverse cowl induction hood with fuel filler bootlid. ;)

Feel like a bottle of coke now for some reason (must be the 67 Camaro's shape!) :lol:

Edited by Muscle Car Master

Cheers,

Tony.

Classics in plastic -|- Old skool is cool -|- Driving my muscle car like a shooting star!

I think given recent history of duplicate releases from other manufacturers (is that being diplomatic enough?) he's probably loath to put any of his future plans in print.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Apparently Cleveland already has the limited edition stealth unpaintd version. Loosgood to me. :) Will also be available in plain white kits.

Camaro68_3-1.jpg

Just take care of it Rick....:lol:

It does like very nice indeed. Clearly Poineer have another winner on there hands.

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

I think given recent history of duplicate releases from other manufacturers (is that being diplomatic enough?) he's probably loath to put any of his future plans in print.

mmmm , playing his cards close to the chest is probably a wise move I suppose .

I wonder how many manufacturers would actually have a look at forums like Auslot to see what is being said about products and what people want ?