Pioneer Camaro?

Muscle Car Master

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than a Sunoco camaro and the Alan Green camaro.....are you able to disclose what other liveries are in the pipe line Jules???

A class we are starting up in the WASCRG is strictly a Pioneer (only) transam series class (pretty much stock). I see there are about 8 mustang liveries out now (very nice), but in our group we try to reduce doubling up of liveries from members. Can we expect say 8 or so camaro liveries in time? I will prob end up painting one anyway but others may not.

(Off topic now)...Whilst I am at it...how about any other cuda and javelin liveries. Is a pontiac also in the works?

Dave

There were only 2 liveries of the 70 Cuda that ran in T/A. There were several French liveries of the 70 Cuda, Henri Chemin running it. It even practiced for LeMans in 74 but never raced. So there is some scope there for return on investment as the 2 T/A Cudas were very iconic. Lets hope Jules releases the special Swede livery with extra stripes.

There were only four (five if you include the other Canadian runner) 68 Pontiacs that I know of that ran in T/A. Of those only 2 are easily recognised. The Titus car and the Fisher car.

I can think of about 8 Javelin liveries with about 6 of them being varients of the red white blue livery. There is however one very left field livery which Jules is planning. Do it Jules you know it makes sense :lol:

As far as 67/68 Camaros there are probably dozens of liveries to choose from. Its a matter of which one first.

cheers

rick1776

Yeah if I can't get a Sunoco Camaro then I was gonna paint the other one up in Smokey Yunick livery so either way all good lol.

Beechey's Camaro also looks good. But yeh gotta get these Camaro's happening soon man. Already got 3 T/A Mustangs and no Camaro. :lol:

Here's a good link to some T/A vintage pics. http://forums.autosport.com/lofiversion/in.../t121287-0.html Very intriguing.

Edited by Muscle Car Master

Cheers,

Tony.

Classics in plastic -|- Old skool is cool -|- Driving my muscle car like a shooting star!

Mopar,

That looks super! True Transam icon! ;)

There is a yellow #68 (with red number) that looks the goods and also it appears that Mr Jim Richards is going to run one (sponsored by shannons) in the historic muscle car class that looks the goods for an aussie flavour (might be running it now even)

Dave

Edited by GTR XU-1

rick1776 is correct, there is a big selection of 67/68 Camaro race cars to choose from. According to my plan the SY car is release #3. The Norm Beechey black car could be made, I'm sure. You'll also get your white kit versions as well.

Nice Javelin pic, Mopardevil. Fab, ultra groovy shape.

Jules

As promised.

Picture1056-1.jpg

Picture1057.jpg

Picture1058.jpg

Slittlehales did the lowering of the car, and beleive me it is slammed. i filled the bottom front of the chassis for a smooth chassis to body transition forward of the front wheels. the grill has been cut down, and believe it or not the headlights are from the scaley mini c.2807. The paint is an artistic rendition of the true livery, but the thing is an attention grabber regardless.

Go on Jules, thrill us Aussies!

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Is that a Scaley '69 one, Manimmal? Did you melt it and then reshape it? Not meaning to be rude, but it just looks a little odd.

I think you could make a great NB #4 1968 car from a Pioneer model, surely. Remind me to send you some early mouldings and you can have a play.

Here's a nice one we are playing around at doing as a street car. This one has the working title "Shadow Racer". Gotta love that rear end.

ShadowRacerCamaro.jpg

I am trying to hurry this model but it will not be rushed. I will keep you updated.

Cheers

Jules

Is that a Scaley '69 one, Manimmal? Did you melt it and then reshape it? Not meaning to be rude, but it just looks a little odd.

I think you could make a great NB #4 1968 car from a Pioneer model, surely. Remind me to send you some early mouldings and you can have a play.

Here's a nice one we are playing around at doing as a street car. This one has the working title "Shadow Racer". Gotta love that rear end.

ShadowRacerCamaro.jpg

I am trying to hurry this model but it will not be rushed. I will keep you updated.

Cheers

Jules

Looks very good, can't wait to see (and buy) the finished product.

That Beechey car looks good, but his wasn't a 1969 model. Still looks real nice though (like what you did with front headlights!).

Cheers,

Tony.

Classics in plastic -|- Old skool is cool -|- Driving my muscle car like a shooting star!

• 2 months later...

WHooohoo great :D

and darn.. :huh: yep mixed feelings over here xD

Being the owner of over 30 Scalextric and Carerra Camaro's i am really curious how this one will hold his own.

I collect them and have a all of them in mint condition in my collection next to about 10 to 12 runners.

Would be over the moon with a pre production one.....nudge...nudge..:blink:

I wonder how much this is going to set me back...

hmm lets see a shelf queen of each made and ofcourse at least a running pair to give my others a run for the money

...that is assuming they are up for the job :rolleyes:

FYI probably already known but thought i mention it...:

The step from a Camaro 67/69 to a Firebird is very small,

it would involve minor retooling* :)

(that from a nubs point of vieuw)

club-1.pngchristian-fish-symbola.jpg

THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

You would need a new master mould Jaak. Might as well be a Hillman Imp. The 69 Pontiac was very different to the 68.

There were very few runners in the 68 Pontiac. Craig Fisher in 68 season. Jerry Titus in last 68 race and first few 69 races. Dick Brown in the ex Fisher car in 69. Kris Harrison the Canadian in one race in 69 (white car #67). There were a few others but their names escape me. Try finding pics of those cars!!! Ive got Fisher, Titus and Brown covered. I have one tiny pic of Harrison. There are probably another 3 or 4 that raced a 68 Pontiac but try finding a pics!!

cheers

rick1776

You would need a new master mould Jaak. Might as well be a Hillman Imp. The 69 Pontiac was very different to the 68.

There were very few runners in the 68 Pontiac. Craig Fisher in 68 season. Jerry Titus in last 68 race and first few 69 races. Dick Brown in the ex Fisher car in 69. Kris Harrison the Canadian in one race in 69 (white car #67). There were a few others but their names escape me. Try finding pics of those cars!!! Ive got Fisher, Titus and Brown covered. I have one tiny pic of Harrison. There are probably another 3 or 4 that raced a 68 Pontiac but try finding a pics!!

Maybe so Rick. I actually think the lack of livery options is why no company has ever done a javelin. Event the ones that can be done look too much alike for the most part. Could always do a "black and gold" type fantasy but i am not sure how these sold in the mustangs.

Truth is AMC would be worth having for the novelty value just because no-one else has done them. I am not bothered by a camaro or another mustang because we all know the mopars are the real cars to have. Just get the Cuda coming. The scx one goes well straight up and after a long time fiddling mine is now a really solid runner. Broke the lap record at BMR last time out. I think the Pioneer with the stronger motor could be a gun.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Hi Trev,

Where were you last night for the committe meeting?? We took a vote and decided to ban the SCX Cuda ;) Sorry Trev, dont take it personally. :P

There are 8 liveries for the Javelin that I can think of and most of those are variations of red white blue and the two yellow ones. There is however a very left field "weird" livery for the Javelin but I cant say too much about that one. I think the Javelin will make a killer slotcar as its a big car much like the Cuda. I might be right off the mark here but Id be surprised if the Cuda was available before the end of the year. The Camaro Id hope would be soonish. When does Chineses new year celebrations start? Id be writing that month off.

cheers

rick1776

Hi Trev,

Where were you last night for the committe meeting?? We took a vote and decided to ban the SCX Cuda ;) Sorry Trev, dont take it personally. :P

There are 8 liveries for the Javelin that I can think of and most of those are variations of red white blue and the two yellow ones. There is however a very left field "weird" livery for the Javelin but I cant say too much about that one. I think the Javelin will make a killer slotcar as its a big car much like the Cuda. I might be right off the mark here but Id be surprised if the Cuda was available before the end of the year. The Camaro Id hope would be soonish. When does Chineses new year celebrations start? Id be writing that month off.

and maybe there will be an Aussie one eventually if a certain expat Kiwi gets his act together