Pioneer Camaro?

118 replies to this topic

#61 KarKraft

GT40 fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:53 PM

Ron, you're right. But Ember took a photo of her Bullitt Charger which somehow got a sparkly red reflection in the black paint which showed how good a metallic burgundy might come out. C'mon Jules, you know you want to.

#62 Pioneer

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:53 AM

Recently found a supplier of some super groovy metallic colours. Hot Lips Red and Passion Wagon Purple are in there. I know Ember wants a purple Camaro.

Hopefully, Rickileaks will have something for you soon.

Jules

#63 rick1776

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:42 AM

Nope nothing here. Im fighting a court appeal at the moment. They dont want to send me to Sweden to have naughty sex with two women and Im insisting that must extradite me :lol:
cheers
rick1776

#64 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:33 AM

Rick,

I tried to deposit $2 into your account, however the bank refused the transaction?

Visa, Mastercard, Paypal they've all blocked you Rick.... the conspiracy continues.

Edited by miveson, 23 February 2011 - 11:48 AM.

#65 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:54 AM

Contributing to the Rickleaks fighting fund, Miveson?
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#66 rick1776

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:21 PM

OK the 67/68Camaro test shots are finally out. Will come with 3 bonnet options, vents, smooth and reverse cowling. And 2 boot options, with and without filler cap. Apparently Cleveland already has the limited edition stealth unpaintd version. Loosgood to me. :) Will also be available in plain white kits.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
cheers
rick1776

#67 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:23 PM

It's getting closer...

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#68 BMR

wheres the tape measure ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

Where are the Pontiacs ?

#69 rick1776

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

I know ones in your driveway Steve :D
cheers
rick1776

#70 Muscle Car Master

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

Looking good so far, hopefully it'll come with a front/rear spoiler. Looks like they gonna have removable hoods and bootlids? In anycase, I'll take the reverse cowl induction hood with fuel filler bootlid. ;)

Feel like a bottle of coke now for some reason (must be the 67 Camaro's shape!) :lol:

Edited by Muscle Car Master, 29 March 2011 - 04:33 PM.

Cheers,
Tony.

Classics in plastic -|- Old skool is cool -|- Driving my muscle car like a shooting star!

#71 Rob

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

Cant wait to get my hands on one, what have the test shots been moulded in?
Regards
Rob

#72 BMR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:38 AM

View Postrick1776, on 29 March 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

I know ones in your driveway Steve :D
:rolleyes: I meant 1/32 T/A Pontiacs , Just wondering if the pontiacs may be on the " for future release list " Suppose Jules is leaving the faster cars till last huh :lol:

#73 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:53 AM

I think given recent history of duplicate releases from other manufacturers (is that being diplomatic enough?) he's probably loath to put any of his future plans in print.

Posted Image

#74 Cleveland

V8 Supercar Windscreen Cleaner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:56 AM

View Postrick1776, on 29 March 2011 - 12:21 PM, said:

Apparently Cleveland already has the limited edition stealth unpaintd version. Loosgood to me. :) Will also be available in plain white kits.

Posted Image

Just take care of it Rick....:lol:

It does like very nice indeed. Clearly Poineer have another winner on there hands.

Clevo
Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

#75 BMR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

View PostEmber, on 30 March 2011 - 08:53 AM, said:

I think given recent history of duplicate releases from other manufacturers (is that being diplomatic enough?) he's probably loath to put any of his future plans in print.
mmmm , playing his cards close to the chest is probably a wise move I suppose .

I wonder how many manufacturers would actually have a look at forums like Auslot to see what is being said about products and what people want ?

#76 rick1776

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

There are spies everywhere Steve. ;)

I saw Clevo peeking a look at your CanAm set up last week. Tried to warn him but he said hes going to copy all those secret go fast tuning tricks you had on your car. :P
cheers
rick1776

#77 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:54 AM

Auslot is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but you never know who might be looking.

Posted Image

#78 BMR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

View Postrick1776, on 30 March 2011 - 11:53 AM, said:

There are spies everywhere Steve. ;)

I saw Clevo peeking a look at your CanAm set up last week. Tried to warn him but he said hes going to copy all those secret go fast tuning tricks you had on your car. :P
Ah so Clevo wants to build a podium car , nice to see hes like me ..... happy with 3rd place every now n then :lol:

#79 Pioneer

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:27 PM

Ember is correct. Too many eyes checking things out. All the forums are populated by spies in many guises. I expected some 'me too' pinching of ideas and several rivals will simply try a loss leader or a spoiler tactic just for the hell of it. Despite the welcoming of the Pioneer brand by slot car buyers there are several peeps whose wish we'd go away for a number of reasons. The overall market is so small that a newcomer maker already selling multiple 1000's of slot cars every month is chipping away at other brands sales. We are not selling into a new sector of buyer profile, we are chewing at the core of the general slot-car-dollar wallet.

I remain concerned that there will be problems for other makers over the next couple years as over production from the previous 12 months (from the larger makers) chokes the regular distribution channels with product that is simply not being purchased unless the prices are slashed viciously from the distribution source. This is already starting to happen in Europe. Makers that use larger facilities in China can't just chop the numbers of models made by a half. Their factories are geared to produce, say, 15000 units a month. Trying to turn off that tap will result in a revolt from the factory and production switched to another client that churns out toy trains at 50000 pcs a month. A maker will loose cred with the factory and not easily be able to 'slot' back into the system once the momentum is lost.

Some consolidation and amalgamation of the slot car business is required - and should be expected - as time goes on. Digital is one of the biggest problems the industry is facing. 4 incompatible systems? Barking mad. That has to change or one or more will die off.

Anyway, thanks for your positive comments regarding the Camaro. Naturally, at this early stage of business development, it is a very important model for Pioneer.

Cheers

Jules

#80 rick1776

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:10 AM

A normal production run is 15000 units? So a limited edition run is 14999?? :lol:
cheers
rick1776

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users