#41 triggy

Triggy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:27 PM

View PostMOPARDEVIL, on Nov 18 2010, 07:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

I would have one of these in a heart beat if Jules made them!

Normal people worry me

#42 Muscle Car Master

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:43 PM

View PostPioneer, on Nov 19 2010, 02:01 PM, said:

Is that a Scaley '69 one, Manimmal? Did you melt it and then reshape it? Not meaning to be rude, but it just looks a little odd.

I think you could make a great NB #4 1968 car from a Pioneer model, surely. Remind me to send you some early mouldings and you can have a play.

Here's a nice one we are playing around at doing as a street car. This one has the working title "Shadow Racer". Gotta love that rear end.

Posted Image

I am trying to hurry this model but it will not be rushed. I will keep you updated.

Cheers

Jules

Looks very good, can't wait to see (and buy) the finished product.

That Beechey car looks good, but his wasn't a 1969 model. Still looks real nice though (like what you did with front headlights!).
Cheers,
Tony.

Classics in plastic -|- Old skool is cool -|- Driving my muscle car like a shooting star!

#43 Muscle Car Master

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:15 AM

Any updates or teaser shots? B)
Cheers,
Tony.

Classics in plastic -|- Old skool is cool -|- Driving my muscle car like a shooting star!

#44 rick1776

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:59 AM

There were three basic varients of the 67/68 Camaro. Last I heard Jules was trying to accomodate those 3 variations so that he could mix and match the tooling which was a real HF. Plan was for early in the first quarter. :unsure:
cheers
rick1776

#45 Jaak

Slotalot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

WHooohoo great :D

and darn.. :huh: yep mixed feelings over here xD

Being the owner of over 30 Scalextric and Carerra Camaro's i am really curious how this one will hold his own.
I collect them and have a all of them in mint condition in my collection next to about 10 to 12 runners.
Would be over the moon with a pre production one.....nudge...nudge..:blink:

I wonder how much this is going to set me back...
hmm lets see a shelf queen of each made and ofcourse at least a running pair to give my others a run for the money
...that is assuming they are up for the job :rolleyes:

FYI probably already known but thought i mention it...:
The step from a Camaro 67/69 to a Firebird is very small,
it would involve minor retooling* :)
(that from a nubs point of vieuw)

Posted ImagePosted Image
THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

#46 rick1776

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

You would need a new master mould Jaak. Might as well be a Hillman Imp. The 69 Pontiac was very different to the 68.

There were very few runners in the 68 Pontiac. Craig Fisher in 68 season. Jerry Titus in last 68 race and first few 69 races. Dick Brown in the ex Fisher car in 69. Kris Harrison the Canadian in one race in 69 (white car #67). There were a few others but their names escape me. Try finding pics of those cars!!! Ive got Fisher, Titus and Brown covered. I have one tiny pic of Harrison. There are probably another 3 or 4 that raced a 68 Pontiac but try finding a pics!!
cheers
rick1776

#47 first corner crash

Trevor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:16 PM

View Postrick1776, on 02 February 2011 - 12:39 PM, said:

You would need a new master mould Jaak. Might as well be a Hillman Imp. The 69 Pontiac was very different to the 68.

There were very few runners in the 68 Pontiac. Craig Fisher in 68 season. Jerry Titus in last 68 race and first few 69 races. Dick Brown in the ex Fisher car in 69. Kris Harrison the Canadian in one race in 69 (white car #67). There were a few others but their names escape me. Try finding pics of those cars!!! Ive got Fisher, Titus and Brown covered. I have one tiny pic of Harrison. There are probably another 3 or 4 that raced a 68 Pontiac but try finding a pics!!

Maybe so Rick. I actually think the lack of livery options is why no company has ever done a javelin. Event the ones that can be done look too much alike for the most part. Could always do a "black and gold" type fantasy but i am not sure how these sold in the mustangs.
Truth is AMC would be worth having for the novelty value just because no-one else has done them. I am not bothered by a camaro or another mustang because we all know the mopars are the real cars to have. Just get the Cuda coming. The scx one goes well straight up and after a long time fiddling mine is now a really solid runner. Broke the lap record at BMR last time out. I think the Pioneer with the stronger motor could be a gun.
4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

#48 rick1776

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

Hi Trev,

Where were you last night for the committe meeting?? We took a vote and decided to ban the SCX Cuda ;) Sorry Trev, dont take it personally. :P

There are 8 liveries for the Javelin that I can think of and most of those are variations of red white blue and the two yellow ones. There is however a very left field "weird" livery for the Javelin but I cant say too much about that one. I think the Javelin will make a killer slotcar as its a big car much like the Cuda. I might be right off the mark here but Id be surprised if the Cuda was available before the end of the year. The Camaro Id hope would be soonish. When does Chineses new year celebrations start? Id be writing that month off.
cheers
rick1776

#49 manimmal

I'm Rad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:59 AM

C'mon, where are the spy pics from Ricki leaks?
My mum says I'm an excellent driver

#50 lenny broke

7th runner up 1978 South Australian Womp Championship

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:51 AM

View Postrick1776, on 02 February 2011 - 04:13 PM, said:

Hi Trev,

Where were you last night for the committe meeting?? We took a vote and decided to ban the SCX Cuda ;) Sorry Trev, dont take it personally. :P

There are 8 liveries for the Javelin that I can think of and most of those are variations of red white blue and the two yellow ones. There is however a very left field "weird" livery for the Javelin but I cant say too much about that one. I think the Javelin will make a killer slotcar as its a big car much like the Cuda. I might be right off the mark here but Id be surprised if the Cuda was available before the end of the year. The Camaro Id hope would be soonish. When does Chineses new year celebrations start? Id be writing that month off.
and maybe there will be an Aussie one eventually if a certain expat Kiwi gets his act together
home track club racer

#51 Jaak

Slotalot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:15 AM

I of course mean the 1967-1969 Fire bird the first generation,
if i am not mistaking Pontiac was using the body panel molds from the Camaro and only gave it minor changes,
most to the front and back but the body shape was the same...and not like an Hillman Imp :rolleyes: ..

I actually remember a similar discussion with you asking a similar question,
will have a look as i can remember i stashed some pics of the race variations somewhere :unsure:

24Hr Daytona entry:

1969 24Hr
Another pic of it
I know you most likely have these but still

Edited by Jaak Beentjes, 03 February 2011 - 10:30 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

#52 rick1776

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:22 PM

Hi Jaak,

Yeah the Titus car is a good looking car/livery. Yep seen all of those pics. If youve got any more please send them my way, ya never know I might not have it.
cheers
rick1776

#53 first corner crash

Trevor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

View Postrick1776, on 02 February 2011 - 04:13 PM, said:

Hi Trev,

Hey Rick sorry i didn't make it to the meeting but i was racing slotcars. Hard to believe huh? I was also testing my NZPR can am in between heats. Interesting to see if anyone does do a javelin. Would make a great grid for a trans am enduro a camaro a mustang a cuda and a javelin. Theres a good race if they all get done. I will put up my hand to prep the Cuda and i promise to not call out "go the valiant".

Edited by first corner crash, 03 February 2011 - 04:41 PM.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

#54 Muscle Car Master

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:27 AM

So..... :blink:

any shots of at least a test mould yet? Waiting patiently to fly the Pioneer flag at local race track with a Z28!
Cheers,
Tony.

#55 rick1776

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:59 PM

The second shots were done recently. If they were OK then I suspect its a matter of booking time for a production run. If the second shots still werent good enough then I suspect its back to the drawing board for some more re-tooling.

Maybe Jules can fill us in with the state of play. You out there Jules??
cheers
rick1776

#56 Pioneer

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:20 AM

Factory is just back at work after elongated Chinese New Year holidays. I'll see what the latest is and report back.

Jules

#57 garage dude

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:07 AM

Never mind the Camaros, where the **** did these come from?
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2eb36d99cc
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2eb36dabf0
Posted Image

Some very cool looking motors coming out of the Pioneer production line.

#58 KarKraft

GT40 fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

View Postgarage dude, on 21 February 2011 - 07:07 AM, said:

Posted Image

Some very cool looking motors coming out of the Pioneer production line.

Hey Embs, do you think Jules was listening? A deep, almost-black burgundy??

#59 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:58 PM

Jules is always listening. I'm sure his spidey sense is tingling, even now. :D

Gorgeous, isn't it?
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#60 manitouguy

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

i see it more as the 'candy apple red' all the teens seemed to choose back in the day for their custom street muscle

very very nice isn't it!

and also great to finally have a proper '69 charger (not the 500 fastback that most manufacturers chose to model)

i think only eldon did a '69 back in the day - and a wee bit smaller than 1/32 ... and maybe one or two obscure companies with clear shell versions

good show mr Jules

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users