118 replies to this topic

#21 rick1776

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:06 AM

View PostPioneer, on Oct 29 2010, 11:45 AM, said:

I'll do my best to circulate some test mouldings so some of you guys can give them a blast. I expect they will handle pretty much like the Mustang. The track might be a couple mm wider at the back.

rick1776, can I make you a sensible offer for the safe return of the Purple Passion wagon? If you don't send it back I'll send the next goodie to Manimmal. He's a good driver, his mom says so.

Jules

You get the Purple car back when Ive got the Tiny Lund #55 Charger in my hand. :P The only time Manimmal wins anything is when he gets other people to drive his cars in Proxies. :)
cheers
rick1776

#22 manimmal

I'm Rad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

View Postrick1776, on Oct 29 2010, 12:15 PM, said:

View PostPioneer, on Oct 29 2010, 11:45 AM, said:

I'll do my best to circulate some test mouldings so some of you guys can give them a blast. I expect they will handle pretty much like the Mustang. The track might be a couple mm wider at the back.

rick1776, can I make you a sensible offer for the safe return of the Purple Passion wagon? If you don't send it back I'll send the next goodie to Manimmal. He's a good driver, his mom says so.

Jules

You get the Purple car back when Ive got the Tiny Lund #55 Charger in my hand. :lol: The only time Manimmal wins anything is when he gets other people to drive his cars in Proxies. :P

C'mon rick, and when i race my Mum!

Any test mould Camaro finding her way to me will be the black Beechey car in a flash! I built one for slittlehales a while back, as he wanted a livery for his race car. It came out so well it hasn't been raced!
My mum says I'm an excellent driver

#23 Muscle Car Master

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

Waiting, waiting......

manimmal, can you post some pics of the Beechey Camaro if you have some?

Edited by Muscle Car Master, 12 November 2010 - 12:24 PM.

Cheers,
Tony.

Classics in plastic -|- Old skool is cool -|- Driving my muscle car like a shooting star!

#24 rick1776

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

I really dont think you'll see the Camaro until Q1 of next year. Ive been told a date but knowing how things go pare shaped very easily in the toy world I'll keep that date to myself. Be patient little grasshopper....when you can snatch the pebbles from my hand.... but I digress now.
cheers
rick1776

#25 manimmal

I'm Rad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:57 AM

View PostMuscle Car Master, on Nov 12 2010, 01:32 PM, said:

Waiting, waiting......

manimmal, can you post some pics of the Beechey Camaro if you have some?

I'll ask Slittlehales to bring the car in on Tuesday for some photo time. The rallye stripe i did is too wide, but there is a real lack of online images of the 1:1 car.

Hey Rick, You've lost you're marbles and all you have left is pebbles??? :o

I get the feeling very soon the T/A class at Ged's will be formula Pioneer. As soon as the fair amount of people who are still hung up by the lower top speeds of some of the early cars establish this was teething, that is.

Hey Jules, Rick says Q1, that's seven weeks right?

#26 rick1776

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:28 AM

March 30th is still Q1. Im marrried with kids manimmal, my pebbles stopped working years ago.l :o :(
cheers
rick1776

#27 GTR XU-1

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:38 PM

Other than a Sunoco camaro and the Alan Green camaro.....are you able to disclose what other liveries are in the pipe line Jules???

A class we are starting up in the WASCRG is strictly a Pioneer (only) transam series class (pretty much stock). I see there are about 8 mustang liveries out now (very nice), but in our group we try to reduce doubling up of liveries from members. Can we expect say 8 or so camaro liveries in time? I will prob end up painting one anyway but others may not.

(Off topic now)...Whilst I am at it...how about any other cuda and javelin liveries. Is a pontiac also in the works?

Dave

#28 rick1776

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:19 PM

There were only 2 liveries of the 70 Cuda that ran in T/A. There were several French liveries of the 70 Cuda, Henri Chemin running it. It even practiced for LeMans in 74 but never raced. So there is some scope there for return on investment as the 2 T/A Cudas were very iconic. Lets hope Jules releases the special Swede livery with extra stripes.

There were only four (five if you include the other Canadian runner) 68 Pontiacs that I know of that ran in T/A. Of those only 2 are easily recognised. The Titus car and the Fisher car.

I can think of about 8 Javelin liveries with about 6 of them being varients of the red white blue livery. There is however one very left field livery which Jules is planning. Do it Jules you know it makes sense :lol:

As far as 67/68 Camaros there are probably dozens of liveries to choose from. Its a matter of which one first.
cheers
rick1776

#29 MOPARDEVIL

Mopar or No Car

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

View Postrick1776, on Nov 17 2010, 09:28 PM, said:

As far as 67/68 Camaros there are probably dozens of liveries to choose from. Its a matter of which one first.

Smokey Yunick for me please
Thanks
Greg

#30 rick1776

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:26 PM

No arguements from me on that choice. :lol: Would look stunning.
cheers
rick1776

#31 Syd

Syd

• Auslotters
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:13 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
A few ideas Jules

Edited by Syd, 17 November 2010 - 09:14 PM.

West Australian Slot Car Racing Group
web: www.waslotcarracinggroup.com
email: syd.o.miller@hotmail.com scott.kendal@bigpond.com
mob: Syd 0413 020 421 or Chris 0435086304

#32 Muscle Car Master

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:51 PM

Yeah if I can't get a Sunoco Camaro then I was gonna paint the other one up in Smokey Yunick livery so either way all good lol.

Beechey's Camaro also looks good. But yeh gotta get these Camaro's happening soon man. Already got 3 T/A Mustangs and no Camaro. :lol:

Here's a good link to some T/A vintage pics. http://forums.autosport.com/lofiversion/in.../t121287-0.html Very intriguing.

Edited by Muscle Car Master, 18 November 2010 - 07:48 AM.

Cheers,
Tony.

Classics in plastic -|- Old skool is cool -|- Driving my muscle car like a shooting star!

#33 MOPARDEVIL

Mopar or No Car

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:02 AM

Syd those are the earlier 68 Javelins. Jules is releasing 71 Javelin, like this
Posted Image
Thanks
Greg

#34 GTR XU-1

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

Mopar,

That looks super! True Transam icon! ;)

There is a yellow #68 (with red number) that looks the goods and also it appears that Mr Jim Richards is going to run one (sponsored by shannons) in the historic muscle car class that looks the goods for an aussie flavour (might be running it now even)

Dave

Edited by GTR XU-1, 18 November 2010 - 10:24 AM.

#35 Pioneer

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:21 AM

rick1776 is correct, there is a big selection of 67/68 Camaro race cars to choose from. According to my plan the SY car is release #3. The Norm Beechey black car could be made, I'm sure. You'll also get your white kit versions as well.

Nice Javelin pic, Mopardevil. Fab, ultra groovy shape.

Jules

#36 manimmal

I'm Rad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:16 AM

As promised.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Slittlehales did the lowering of the car, and beleive me it is slammed. i filled the bottom front of the chassis for a smooth chassis to body transition forward of the front wheels. the grill has been cut down, and believe it or not the headlights are from the scaley mini c.2807. The paint is an artistic rendition of the true livery, but the thing is an attention grabber regardless.

Go on Jules, thrill us Aussies!

#37 Obsidith

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:18 AM

Very nice car Chris it looks better in real life then in the pics I must add
Posted Image

#38 Pioneer

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

Is that a Scaley '69 one, Manimmal? Did you melt it and then reshape it? Not meaning to be rude, but it just looks a little odd.

I think you could make a great NB #4 1968 car from a Pioneer model, surely. Remind me to send you some early mouldings and you can have a play.

Here's a nice one we are playing around at doing as a street car. This one has the working title "Shadow Racer". Gotta love that rear end.

Posted Image

I am trying to hurry this model but it will not be rushed. I will keep you updated.

Cheers

Jules

#39 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,016 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:55 PM

Jules. You, sir, are a tease!
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#40 manimmal

I'm Rad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:00 PM

no heat Jules, just a bit of bog and a lot of lowering. the big difference is the two rows of grill missing, and the small headlights.

Oh, and i will harrass you for a test mold, don't worry!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users