2011 Australian Slot.it Proxy Series (asps) Rules

slittlehales

Hey,

I would be game if i can sort things in time,

Would like to (have) send in a Mclaren F1 GTR Goodwood with magnetic suspension.

All i would need to do is find the old wheels and place legal rubber on the rear.

Things goes like stink in current condition so i can understand if you guys rather not have me there spanking your behinds with my 'asphalt eating lap record braking monster :P

*slaps with gauntlet in face and thrown in front of feat*

Yep those are fighting words :lol:

club-1.pngchristian-fish-symbola.jpg

THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve,

Can we have a little discussion / clarification on hosting rounds?

I know in the rules it says each round has to have minimium of 5 min heats - did you mean per each lane of your track?

Because this could lead to an inbalance.... on a 4 lane track each car would run for 20min, @ Armchair each car would run for 40min, whereas on my Sport track each car would only run for 10min (per round)....

As distance travelled is the goal - your set-up would be slanted towards Armchair, rather than the 2 or 3 lane tracks...

May I humbly suggest that at each round each car is run for 12 min? 8 lane track = 8 x 1.5 min brackets; 4 lane track = 4 x 3 min brackets; 3 lane track = 3 x 4 min brackets; & 2 lane track = 2 x 6 min brackets....

This way each round carries equal merit - this really came into focus this year in the International slot.it shootout... While most rounds were held for a very similar duration (and thus comparable), at one round in Canada the guys got very enthusiastic and each car ran for something like 20min - a huge advantage for those entries suited to that big open flowing track (SlotNz's Red Endbell Terror pulled something like a 500 - 1000 ft over the some of the more modestly powered entries....)

If the case had been reversed and a round at a very technical layout had been held for a significantly longer duration, then the results would also have been skewed....

Thoughts, everyone?

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

Hi Steve,

Can we have a little discussion / clarification on hosting rounds?

I know in the rules it says each round has to have minimium of 5 min heats - did you mean per each lane of your track?

Because this could lead to an inbalance.... on a 4 lane track each car would run for 20min, @ Armchair each car would run for 40min, whereas on my Sport track each car would only run for 10min (per round)....

As distance travelled is the goal - your set-up would be slanted towards Armchair, rather than the 2 or 3 lane tracks...

May I humbly suggest that at each round each car is run for 12 min? 8 lane track = 8 x 1.5 min brackets; 4 lane track = 4 x 3 min brackets; 3 lane track = 3 x 4 min brackets; & 2 lane track = 2 x 6 min brackets....

This way each round carries equal merit - this really came into focus this year in the International slot.it shootout... While most rounds were held for a very similar duration (and thus comparable), at one round in Canada the guys got very enthusiastic and each car ran for something like 20min - a huge advantage for those entries suited to that big open flowing track (SlotNz's Red Endbell Terror pulled something like a 500 - 1000 ft over the some of the more modestly powered entries....)

If the case had been reversed and a round at a very technical layout had been held for a significantly longer duration, then the results would also have been skewed....

Thoughts, everyone?

Great suggestion, lets do it.

"Brakes? they are the enemy of speed" Juha Kankunen

Martini Racing

Cars For Sale

A couple of late entries:

bastumanen

and welcome aboard Jaak! Great to have some international flavour.

I am still waiting for payment from:

manic35

Tazracer

Mark D

and now Jaak.

Lets get cracking guys!

Martini Racing

Cars For Sale

Hi All,

Payment info:

Paypal to steveandlizzy@bigpond.com

If you cant do paypal, pm me for bank details for EFT.

Shipping Address:

Stephen Littlehales

C/O Ducati City

582-590 Elizabeth Street

Melbourne VIC 3000

Martini Racing

Cars For Sale

Thanks Steve,

For Ged's - to do the '12 min per car', I'd either run only 4 of the 5 lanes for 3 min each, or use all 5 lanes for 2 1/2 min each (I know that's 12 1/2min total, but close enough.....)

My entry is in the mail to you today....

Edited by bov

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

Hey,

I would be game if i can sort things in time,

Would like to (have) send in a Mclaren F1 GTR Goodwood with magnetic suspension.

All i would need to do is find the old wheels and place legal rubber on the rear.

Things goes like stink in current condition so i can understand if you guys rather not have me there spanking your behinds with my 'asphalt eating lap record braking monster :(

*slaps with gauntlet in face and thrown in front of feat*

Yep those are fighting words :(

Hi Jaak,

I just re-read this. The McLaren GTR is not eligible for this series, only Slot It Group C cars are eligible, I hope that you have a suitable car to enter?

Martini Racing

Cars For Sale

Can I ask if I seriously have to use slot.it axle spacers? It seems a bit ridiculous that I've got to order then at $9 for less than 2mm of space.

Surely there is no performance benefit to be gained from using non-slot.it spacers - would the same apply if slot.it suddenly produced weights?

Have a real battle with my car at the moment, decals are driving me insane - not to worry I'll have it sorted by the weekend one way or another, it'll either be a plain car or a colourful one :)

Mark

Hi Steve,

I read your post just before i went to the post office,

Send a tame Slot it Porsche 956C Jagermeister...but...

In my haste to get it to the post office in time i forgot this:

* Full details of the entered vehicle are to be supplied with the car, i.e gears used, wheels used, tyre compound excetera. These details will be posted after the cars are received so that other entrants and people wishing to learn from the experience can see how the competition went abut preparing their cars

I hope you can forgive me and have a look at what gears are on it...it's using box standerd Slot it tyres.

Its on its way with priority mail so should be on time.

I had Googled MclarenGTR Goup C and then several Pictures came of the GTR so i thought it was in. :unsure:

Cheers,

Jaak

Edited by Jaak Beentjes

club-1.pngchristian-fish-symbola.jpg

THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

Can I ask if I seriously have to use slot.it axle spacers? It seems a bit ridiculous that I've got to order then at $9 for less than 2mm of space.

Surely there is no performance benefit to be gained from using non-slot.it spacers - would the same apply if slot.it suddenly produced weights?

Have a real battle with my car at the moment, decals are driving me insane - not to worry I'll have it sorted by the weekend one way or another, it'll either be a plain car or a colourful one :)

Mark

Hi Mark,

As I have said earlier, the series intent is to utilise as much as possible; Slot.it parts, as such the answer is yes, Slot.it spacers please.

Martini Racing

Cars For Sale

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's still on. Steve's life is getting in the way of playing. A bit frustrating I know but sometimes the toys have to take a back seat for more important things. I'll be in touch with Steve next week and we'll get the ball rolling. Watch this space.

Chris

My mum says I'm an excellent driver