25 replies to this topic

#21 triggy

Triggy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

View Postphoeno29, on Dec 2 2010, 11:08 AM, said:

No feeodor, just interior low sheen, $25 a litre at bunnings.

I will be very interested to see how you find this surface Martin, as I am considering a similar surface for my new 4 laner early next year.

Normal people worry me

#22 phoeno29

V8 Supercar Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

Have been busy over the holidays and finished the track off to the point where it is powered, fenced (to keep cars off the floor) and a little bit of scenery added.

I bought a Jaycar power supply 0-30V for $199. Its adjustable in 0.1 increments. Very handy with Jack (2.5 yr old) not to mention the cars don't go any faster (against the clock) at 12v than they do at 9v, they just become harder to driver.

SCX rally cars at 8v are a hoot, and the two new SCX Nascars I bought with the RX42B motors are very good, so quiet for an SCX and very smooth to drive. They as a company appear to have come a long way in recent years.

Two new Parma 45ohm controllers are spot on for all my cars, and cheap as too Red Racer $33 each.

Next step is to build a grandstand and fill it with homies (classy I know) as well as some lights I picked up cheap at Kmart they look like they can be converted into something useful. ($5 for 20 white LED's on a loop)

The track surface as mentioned earlier for Triggy is just rolled on with a $2 foam roller. Grip is good, and car with MJK's at 9V basically won't deslot, and even Ninco and SCX tyred cars, slip and slide a bit but its really predictable and I have some cars set up like this for more of a driving challenge.

The palm trees i got of ebay for about $15 delivered for 12 of them 17cm or 18cm high.

The signs I made myself and tried to keep them to the same companies that sponsored the 2010 Abu Dhabi GP, the silver fencing is corrugated cardboard.

Ok, I know you have been patient, here are some pics......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

#23 manic35

Formula 3 Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:09 PM

Very nice work Martin, love the theme Abu Dhabi mate!

#24 X-WING

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

Looks Great So when's Race Night
Digital 007 set with 5m extra track and 007 sp edition cars set, red DBS, Bullitt mustang

#25 Holty

Lost Cause

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

You have set a high standard of work again Phoeno. Nice looking track with good colour scheme. Good use of a smallish space. I notice that you have opted to avoid a long straight. The corners look like non constant radius curves, so the challenge should always be there in chasing that elusive perfect lap.
I notice from the photos that some of the tape has lifted from sideways motion of cars. I get that on my track but it never seems to affect performance.

Holty

#26 phoeno29

V8 Supercar Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:03 PM

Thanks Holty for the kind words. Its a fun little track to drive on, certainly not long but each corner varies from the others on the track. No long straight as you mentioned but a good flow of sweeping right left to stretch out the faster part of the circuit.

We have been running cars at 7 to 9v depending on what they are, anything more than this would be just increasing the deslotting. NC5 cars are 9v are as good as anything at 12v on a bigger tracj.

I got two new SCX Nascars with the newer motors and they are excellent. Quiet and smooth and look very good. Perfect at 9v with MJK rears.

My fav cars to drive are the slightly slippery SCX cars with standard tyres and 4wd, long power slides out of one corner and into the other.

No progress as yet with the grandstand but not too far away.

Will post a video soon.
Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users