Duke Raceway

gzminiz

This is a rough rough idea that I am going with for now. Would love opinions (Camber!?) as I have never ran on or seen a digital track before. Going for a mostly best line with either a late braking added lane section or pits. Tried to do pits on my current analog but never got flippers so dunno how fun it is.

Old track is for sale too

top is 3m long (just noticed you can't read it)

digit_track.jpg

Edited by gzminiz

TThat looks good. You may be able to get a few more interesting corners if you do a crossover(figure 8 type track). The dimensions you have to work with are basically the same as I have to work with my new track. Have a look at my new track in the NSW section, Hemi speedway 2 to see what I did with the similar space to give you another idea

Thanks

Greg

Nice layout. I particularly like the bottom sweeper that tightens up (c/wise), I would consider doing something similar with the big sweeper to the left. On the 3m top straight, if you had the straight lane changer at the end of the straight (c/wise) going to the outside lane, it give options to avoid collisions with cars exiting the pitlane.

I like flat digital tracks, making it is much easier and you have good visibility especially when changing lanes, it's busy racing.

Seriously consider going bi-directional which is supported with Scorpius, costs more for electronics, flippers etc, but you get two tracks in one, especially if it is asymetrical. Even if you cant afford it, you can install the necessary flippers and buy the electronics later.

Looking good :)

- Cam

Hoo Roo

It definately will be bi directional and there is a lane change both directions on either end of the straight (for avoiding pit collisions) though I was considering making the straight three lanes for a little extra passing.

Took a look at your track camber and I like the chicane that has a straight through lane change, I might smothen the chicane up to get something similar.

I was thinking about making the radius in the upper left tightening up to a tight (almost inside turn r0? maybe) to lengthen the straight. figured it would also change the dynamic of the track when u switch directions, one you power out of it and the other hard on the brakes into it.

just a thought, used UR3 to "design" so now i just need to properly draw it up.

• 5 weeks later...

not sure what you mean rob, i think you are talking about the tightest curve on the track and zoomed in it is fine, i think it looks offset in the image but it isn't. each curve matches as smooth as i could get, used tangents to make them mate up nicely.

the sweeper and into and through the S is 4 different arcs for changing radius

edit: and yes, want to use for a CNC. Sucks only way to export to dxf is with the pro version... Do the lines need depth or is that programmed directly on the machine

Edited by gzminiz

not sure what you mean rob, i think you are talking about the tightest curve on the track and zoomed in it is fine, i think it looks offset in the image but it isn't. each curve matches as smooth as i could get, used tangents to make them mate up nicely.

the sweeper and into and through the S is 4 different arcs for changing radius

edit: and yes, want to use for a CNC. Sucks only way to export to dxf is with the pro version... Do the lines need depth or is that programmed directly on the machine

Beauty of 2D Eric, just use colour to define your line work ie green for the lanes and yellow for the edges and tell your CNC guy to cut the green to a depth of 8mm (or what ever you decide) and the yellow to full depth. I normally draw the board and place the sections on the board (nesting) so the CNC guy doesnt have to think to hard and you hopefully minimise the number of boards needed.

Regards

Rob

Yes sir, I have known for quite awhile now (no i was not the one who let that cat out of the bag as indicated on his web page) :-) He will be doing my track, hopefully I will be the test dummy so I get mine first :-)

I think I am going with the 9:33 one too. No to get it converted to something he can use. Also need to figure out how people sliced up their cad drawings for each section.

Going to be ferrodor + braid.

Last call on my track, going to take her apart this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I sliced it up but I can't "stretch" the radius (bottom one) to create banking now can I change line colors. Google sketch up is beyond me... I can make surfaces colored....

3m tall by 2.4m wide. Has a almost squeeze at the tight turn. Lane spacing is 90mm and the squeeze is 70mm which will fit most 1:32 cars side by side but tail can't be wagging

All turns have 200mm on the outside and the inside is 100mm minimum.

sliced%20up%20track.jpg

now if anyone cares here is the sketchup file: Duke Raceway Sketchup

Edited by gzminiz

• 1 month later...