Slot.it Tires

garyfromdarwin

.....just to add to Gary's question. We dont use the Silicone tyres at all in Darwin, and we run on Scaly track.

But like he said, the rubber tyres fitted to the car, some seem obviously stickier than others.

Its not my driving! There's a flaw in the track......

As I understand it,Slotit will not be supplying an extra set of silicone tires on new models due to the fact that Maurizio is satisfied with a new compund they are now using.Until then I would use some NSR's.

regards

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Doe any one know what compound tires come with the slot.it cars. I have a few now and some have great traction and others are quite poor, even the 2 cars of the same model seem to differ in traction

any advice?

cheers

gary

Up until the very latest releases, Slot.it cars came with a "non-specified" compound on the wheels, suitable for display and magnet racing, where tyre compound is not so critical. - It was not any of the particular "P" compounds offered for after-market sale.

Under the box were a pair of S2 compound of size to suit the particular hub of the cars,

ie

SIPT17 under Group C cars, Ferrari, and Alfa

SIPT18 under the GT and LMP cars - McLaren, Nissan, Audi

The Chaparral was the first model to move from this pattern and is fitted with the new C compound tyre, which has the fancy lettering, and is a soft rubber type compound, suitable for a wide range of track surfaces. With this tyre fitted, there are no longer any silicons supplied under the box.

The latest Nissan release has a C compound tyre fitted, and this will flow forward as standard practice in future.

Contrary to what some slotters are saying - they are just guessing; the actual composition of the soft rubber compound has NOT been declared , but having tested these tyres "pre-release" some months back, and having had some communication with Maurizio on the subject, I CAN say that there is no silicon in the compound, and there should not be any compatibility issues with rubbered up tracks.

Hope that helps

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I have about a dozen Slot-it cars but all have benefited greatly from supplied replacements. My experience was the originals were all fairly pathetic. On Scaly Sport however also found P6 pretty good if you are not allowed to use silicone. I race without magnets.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

i also have the P6 compound on some of my ninco cars (which are hopeless on sport track with standard tyres)

It never ceases to amaze me how much opinions can differ. I've still got Ninco tyres on my Ninco 4WD Rally cars (mag-less) running on Scaley Sport and find them good. The Ninco tyres on my Exige were OK but I changed them when I changed the wheels to alloys and it is now P6 shod. I do like the P6s, but I like MJKs better.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

My Ninco's are all over the place with original tyres.

Acura and Lambo were un-driveable.

Porsche and Citroen are ok for now.

Lotus I still haven't changed an dont intend on changing soon.

All on Scaly track

Its not my driving! There's a flaw in the track......

i also have the P6 compound on some of my ninco cars (which are hopeless on sport track with standard tyres)

It never ceases to amaze me how much opinions can differ. I've still got Ninco tyres on my Ninco 4WD Rally cars (mag-less) running on Scaley Sport and find them good. The Ninco tyres on my Exige were OK but I changed them when I changed the wheels to alloys and it is now P6 shod. I do like the P6s, but I like MJKs better.

Ember,

I have a Ninco Rally car and it handles quite well, but my LMP Acura and Porsche 997 are like driving drift cars the tires are just that slippery, even after i replaced the dot magnet with bar magnets.

cheers

gary