Let The Hq Holden Wars Begin

BMR

Hi Phil,

Your Aussie muscle cars have inspired me to get into a bit more scratch building. Sticking to 1/32, but couldn't resist seeing if the HQ's were still available.

Am currently working on one of your Monaros, and am about to have a crack at some Utes. Also just finished a Torana from Stubbo (Note to self - must post pics <_< ).

Any chance of you sending me that long overdue parcel with my DBR1 and another pair of your Monaro and GTHO kits?

Regards,

Graeme

~~~~~~

(Life is like a sewer....................What you get out of it depends on what you put into it!)

https://gtoutweb.com/index.htm

• 2 years later...

I need a vacuum forming machine - even a simple one just for windows and glass . anyone got any ideas on a home built one ?

I was going to make vacuum HQ 4door bodies - scale ones the sae as the hard body but my mate Bob C died :(

Edited by BMR

Steve The main thing is to get a good vac pump.

The rest is easy, a small box with holes of perforated metal on top and a frame to hold the material.

Lexan is a little difficult to work with until you get some experience. What happened to Bobs machine?

Plenty of info on you tube and the net on building all sorts of machines.

If you only need windows vac formed just send the mould over and I can do them.

Shame you are not closer I have several pumps sitting here, collected them from redundant printing machinery before it was dumped!

Pumpandframe_zps67f1053f.jpg

This is my smallest setup mainly used while making masters and test fitting.'

It is ideal for one off small parts and interiors.

vacbox_zps0e6e0044.jpg

The box is made from a small die project box.

I have two larger units for "production " work.

Edited by kalbfellp

Bobs Crawfords " Sunset" molds and machine went to Thunderbirds Raceway in SA , I think they have a new machine , Bobs was a one off- made using a twin tub washing machine as a base with some directions scribbled on it in texta pen , only Bob could crack the code :)

Edited by BMR

Bobs machine sounds like my big machine, made from crap I scrounged, an old pie oven for heating, wooden box for vac chamber.

Gee I could call it a " green vac former" today. Only my daughter and I really do know how to use it.

Gets very little see these days.