Tuggerdega

slot car tragic

G'day,

Thought I'd put up some pics of my tracks. The Scalextric track measures 1.8 x 3.8m with a 2.8m straight. The oval measures 1.8 x 4.7m. The name comes from the part of Canberra where I live, called Tuggeranong Valley.

Chris

P1020690.jpg

P1020686.jpg

P1020704.jpg

P1020665.jpg

P1020689.jpg

P1020697.jpg

P1020680.jpg

P1020721.jpg

P1020719.jpg

P1020718.jpg

Late Model

T'riffic pair of tracks. Some nice personality details.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• 3 weeks later...

'mornin' all,

Thanks everyone for the comments, I really appreciate them.

Greg, it's really funny you should mention three tracks.......

John, I'm probably gonna gush but it's hard to describe how much fun racing on an ovals is, it's fast and furious and often your fate is out of your hands especially if the guy two lanes away has an off and manages to take everyone else out. Also it's a totally different driving style, ya have to be fast, keep momentum and powersliding costs way too much time. There is nothing better than getting in a high speed dice with a couple of others for lap after lap, trying to get an advantage or sliding just a fraction too far and losing a couple of car lengths. We have six layouts for our oval series ranging from a flat 6m lap length to 18m lap length banked superspeedways with mine at 11m. I based it on Darlington so it's slightly egg shaped, into turns one and two it's a tighter radius with 12 degree banking and 85cm lane spacing, along the back straight to turns three and four, it's a bigger radius but 7 degree banking and 70cm lane spacing. We race NASCAR, Classic NASCAR, Trucks and Carrera 1/24 hotrods the latter on my track are a hoot, you can pass but it needs a bit of hip and shoulder :aussie:

Cheers,

Chris.

Late Model

• 2 months later...

Looks like a fantastic race place you have there love the speedway cars keep looking at some of the resin stuff available over in the states and thinking how cool they would look as slot cars thanks for posting

Reality what a concept

V32 member Slightly one eyed Ford fan

Trying to perfect the obscure art of Zen slot car racing

Hi all, thanks for the kind words. Going back a couple of posts, Phil was correct the Datsun is an Araii kit while the Lotus was a friction drive plastic model I bought way back musta been in the early eighties at least.The cool thing was the panel over the engine bay was hinged and there was rudimentary headers, chrome valve cover and carbies which I kept when I motorised it (sitting on a Scalex Metro chassis)but a barrel roll and landing on the concrete floor busted the hinge so I had to glue it up.

Silver Rocket,the sprint cars are die-castI picked up at the local Woolies supermarket a couple of years ago for about $2.50 each, cut a hole in the plastic chassis and fitted a Scalex motor on it's side to fit. I *think* there is a resin version made in Melbourne by Startline?

Cheers,

Chris.

Late Model