Round 4 April 10 2010

gazza

The fourth, and as it turned out, the final round at Vinces (on this track) was run last night

f3d3ac76.jpg

Even with the no shows we still ended up with 10 bods including first timer Greg

970128b2.jpg

5762103f.jpg

After the usual discussions about marshaling and regs the racing finally got under way

First up ... NC-1 Classics

a76f990a.jpg

With the Cobra and Jaguar teams well represented

7a968211.jpg

11bdc76d.jpg

3557012c.jpg

3523c788.jpg

cbe51df7.jpg

891ea72b.jpg

067886a0.jpg

23c75a06.jpg

Winners Joe, Vince and Bo

bdc718f1.jpg

Next .... Worlds fastest Taxi's

90b2e23c.jpg

Or the Marcus Ambrose Cup

bffec222.jpg

6e2d3021.jpg

dc2a7d82.jpg

aa698b34.jpg

5db7947a.jpg

356991be.jpg

4be106ce.jpg

Winners Joe, Gary and Charlie

d463fd84.jpg

And Lastly Open Touring Cars .... not to be confused with Sports Sedans

75918730.jpg

490bd4b4.jpg

4316b54f.jpg

514ebf28.jpg

3b8aabb6.jpg

a324dca4.jpg

9e36b8a7.jpg

8845eda0.jpg

d3a5f133.jpg

Winners Joe, Gary and Charlie

d3af04d5.jpg

Michael got so good at marshaling that he could do it with his eyes closed ..... at least the postures good

8b0eff9a.jpg

And as always the umpires decision is final

566fba01.jpg

Next round is at Charlies on the 15th of May ..... Pre 1972 Sports Classics (Le Mans Style) Fly, Slot-it and NSR and GT International Enduro (15min heats)

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

No dogie car on the podium Gazza???

A hat trick for the guy in the best seat in the house - well done Joe.

Yea! Whats the go with the track - it's one of my favorites?

Thanks for the pics Gazza - did you leave the camera behind for us to use over the next month or are you taking live pics else where :P:lol:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Thanks for the pics Gazza - did you leave the camera behind for us to use over the next month or are you taking live pics else where :huh::P

Supposedly the track is now Al's, though everytime Vince checked the wallet, there was no freshly deposited money, so who knows!

Yes Garry, I was very concious about my posture, that's the reason for the deep concentration.

See you all in two weeks at my place, well most. :huh:

Good to see that there was a good turn out. Damn flaming flu,reckon I was a shoe in , in one of the classes (I think :huh: ) Didn't know it was your last run on your track Vince ,shame as I too didnt mind the twists and up and downs. Good to see it's going to a good home. Better take the casters off it first Vince as the locals over at Wilmont will have it rolled out of Al's garage before he can tell you about one of his girlfriend stories :huh: . Ok see you guys at the next one. By the way Gaz the monitor arrived and is up and running. And I can actually see the numbers :P

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Thanks for the pics Gazza - did you leave the camera behind for us to use over the next month or are you taking live pics else where :huh: :huh:

Are you kidding Mel?? All of Garry's cars are dodgy! Oh.... doggie! :P

I was not going to host races at my place any more, not enough room etc etc. The track is sold when I see the cash otherwise it will be cut up. The timing gantry and wiring is worth a few bob so I will just sell that if I have to cut her up. As flowing as the track was I got a bit bored with it as the length is just so short.

I will most likely do a long lap length 2 lane hill climb / targa that I will design to fit in better for easy use even with a car in the garage. Will just be something I can have a bit of fun testing cars and maybe have a drive if someone comes over. It will have squeezes and maybe some cross overs too so I am sure there will be many eager to run on it. :)

Thanks for the pictures Gazza and hope all goes well this week. How did the day on the dunny go? Guess you read the paper a few times.

I was not going to host races at my place any more, not enough room etc etc. The track is sold when I see the cash otherwise it will be cut up. The timing gantry and wiring is worth a few bob so I will just sell that if I have to cut her up. As flowing as the track was I got a bit bored with it as the length is just so short.

I will most likely do a long lap length 2 lane hill climb / targa that I will design to fit in better for easy use even with a car in the garage. Will just be something I can have a bit of fun testing cars and maybe have a drive if someone comes over. It will have squeezes and maybe some cross overs too so I am sure there will be many eager to run on it. :)

Thanks for the pictures Gazza and hope all goes well this week. How did the day on the dunny go? Guess you read the paper a few times.

Vince squeezes and overpass count me in Vince. This has been a great track even without a long straight it is a fast and flowing track. Hope someone picks this up as it is to good to go to the chop shop,

Gaz get back on deck quick mate .

Charlie

Thanks for the pictures Gazza and hope all goes well this week.

Gaz get back on deck quick mate .

Charlie

If you read this from your bed Gazza, hope to see you back soon.

The word is that every thing went really well today. Gaz is already making calls to say his car collection is now NOT up for grabs. Great eh?

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

As Mel has said Gaz is now recouperating after his cut and shut.I spoke to him last night and he sounded tired as expected . Gaz being Gaz he was only returned to his room after being in recovery for 2 hrs and he had to get on the blower straight away. Naturally slot cars was the first order followed by his op. So at this stage he's ok.Looks like I've got to get the truck and put back his pergola :lol: . Quite surprised if he hasn't got in contact with some of you guys yet.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

I spoke to Gazza today and he said he will be out tomorrow. No pain killers for the big bloke he wants to show he is ready to go home. And he is planning a big run at Charlie's next month too. He sounded like the usual Gazza and looking forward to getting out. Carol told me the doctor survived the op with no release of toxic fumes.

I spoke to him at around 2pm and he thought Thursday - the Doc must have given him an early mark. Was in a bit of pain but that was expected- drugs had been wearing off.

Went out to his garage and scored 29 cars tonight :lol:

Edited by Ontheflipside

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.