Class Of 2010-11

gazza

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really think there's much hope of that. Still... Miracles have been known to happen, apparently.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I am waiting to see how these rear engined cars go on a rally track,anyone tried one as yet. The rear weight might be just the thing to help flick them around the corners.

I'm no rally expert being my first build,but after the right placement of the weight the car was great. No roll overs and the car does flick nice around the corners. :D Can't say i'm used to driving something so slow.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Shane brought his rally car to t/birds last night and showed us all. He was like a kid with a new toy. He sent it off down the main straight on the Brock track and we all had a chat amongst ourselves for a few mninutes while we waited for it to get to the other end. He proclaimed to us all that it doesn't tip over in the corners anymore and it didn't but a run on a rally track will see how it goes. Slot cars are fun regardless of the discipline that they are in.

Good luck to all.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Going to be interesting to see how a high-speed professional handles a different beast. As distinct to we total novices.

I'm looking forward to this, except for my part.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• 2 weeks later...

The old SCX Porsche is finally ready, and will hit the mail tomorrow.

CIMG1921.jpg

CIMG1922.jpg

SCX RX-42B motor with a noisy and optimistic gear ratio (slot.it 11/28)

Scaleauto 15.8x10 magnesium rims + Ortmann tires

Ninco sprung guide + vac-form interior and windows

otherwise stock, except the 15 gram lead sheet under the chassis :lol:

total weight 93 grams.

It's a tenth slower than last years Lancia 037 on my track, but the slow speed acceleration and brakes are better.

I'll post some build pics later.

Tore

gallery_434_503_9937.jpg

Looks good BUT not too sure about this!

Wheels are open to any brand but must have a wheel insert or be a one piece wheel with sufficient detail to represent the style of the period of the model.

Would those wheels have been used on a rally car during that period?

They have similar style as the Campagnolo Magnesium wheels, that at least Alfa used on rally cars in the late 70's

gtv_turbodelta_gr_4.jpg

102045d1210242293-trade-10x15-campagnolo-turbodelta-gr4-wheels-7x14-105s-gtv8-20original-202.jpg

Let me know if you will approve them or not. I'm leaving for a long weekend tomorrow night, so to have any chance of making the car arrive in time it has to hit the mail tomorrow. There's no time to order new wheels, so if they're not legal I won't send it.

gallery_434_503_9937.jpg

They have similar style as the Campagnolo Magnesium wheels, that at least Alfa used on rally cars in the late 70's

gtv_turbodelta_gr_4.jpg

102045d1210242293-trade-10x15-campagnolo-turbodelta-gr4-wheels-7x14-105s-gtv8-20original-202.jpg

Let me know if you will approve them or not. I'm leaving for a long weekend tomorrow night, so to have any chance of making the car arrive in time it has to hit the mail tomorrow. There's no time to order new wheels, so if they're not legal I won't send it.

Got my vote Tore but you might have to put some air intakes on the bonnet. :lol::D

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

The Porsche don't need intakes to catch air :lol:

The crazy alfa is the GR.4 Turbodelta, these where works rally cars that raced in 1978/1979. Here's a another variant of the Campagnolo wheel that show the coned shape better. I guess it comes down to the size of the holes, but as anything else in the slotcar world, the slot version is a bit "overscale" :D

68888d1181021945-wheelarch-set-1979-alfetta-gtv-turbodelta-gr-4-ib_p016_0_2.jpg

Edited by 356speedster
gallery_434_503_9937.jpg

CIMG1922.jpg

Tore

Looks the good Tore. If I can get some good odds I would put some money on this car for a podium finish.

Don't know the Ortmann tires but I think Jaak used some a couple of years back and they didn't last the distance.

Jaak006.jpg

Edited by Ontheflipside

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

I found them in my spare bin, so they are old "gray's" that have hardened up over the years :D Beside the sidewalls are about 3.5 mm and the car got about 2.5 mm ground clearance, so I'll take the chance.

I have gambled a bit on the front axle, by allowing it bit more downward play than I usually like, so it will either work and keep the guide in the slot better, or it may backfire and make it flip over easier. Only one way to find out :)

I guessed for a 10th place last season, and got it! so I'm aiming for the 8th this time. You got too many experienced builders down there to let a guy from the other side of the globe take the podium :lol:

Edited by 356speedster
gallery_434_503_9937.jpg

Tore: The argumentative bloke above and your pics have convinced me that the wheels will meet the criteria of being period.

Even though Stig could not manage to find any pics of a Porsche with dished Alfa wheels. He thinks they are Porsche 936 wheels with cooling holes :lol:

CIMG1922.jpg

Tore

Looks the good Tore. If I can get some good odds I would put some money on this car for a podium finish.

here is a little video I shot of the SCX Porsche before shipping it out before the weekend :)

After the good video - "what I said" again

Hi Guys

Here's the Team Broke entry for this years series

Powerslot Opel GT ( no, its not a Datsun)

Ninco NC-2 - Black label

Slot it running gear

Gear ratio- 9:28- 3.1 to 1

Rear Tyres- MJK 20x10 narrowed to suit

Front tyres- Slot It zero grip narrowed to suit, independent front wheels.

Weight- 95g approx

Vac form interior.

Wheel inserts- Fly Ferrari 512 wheels machined down to represent period correct wheel.

DUPRS1011OpelGT.jpg

In testing on Norton Hill, the car turned sub 4 min times for 28 lap runs ( stage length for last years round here).

Edited by lenny broke
carp typing

After the good video - "what I said" again

Thanks for having the faith in it Mel, but I'm not so sure myself. It was a race against the clock to get it ready, so I'm not 100% happy with the weight tuning, it has a tendency to "step out" with the rear on the exit if the grip is a bit low. But the chassis and motor was recycled from the 911 in the SCX proxy last season, so it already knows your tracks down there :)

Edited by 356speedster
gallery_434_503_9937.jpg