Nz Rtr 2011 Nationals Date Fixed

kennedyrd

Hi there. Not sure if I am posting this in the correct area so please move or amend if it is incorrect. The 2011 RTR nats will be on Friday 8th April (practice) with racing on the sat and Sun am. For details, rules etc. please look on www.nzsca.co.nz. Click on "Rules" and then "2011 Hard Body Rules"

I will not be racing so as to ensure the meet is run as as smooth, fair and fun as I can possibly make it.

Everyone is welcome, no matter how serious or casual a racer you may be! Please feel free to P.M me if you have any queries. :lol:

Edited by kennedyrd

I think the same as Mac, you should race and defend your 2 titles. My Speedway calander shows a gap that weekend so there's a good chance I could contest all titles next time and It wouldn't be the same if the GTP and Musclecar champ was not on track. Thanks for all your efforts to raise the profile and level of our hobby.

6 X Hawkes Bay Champion

8 X National Champion

1 X Retired

• 1 month later...

Very interested in competing.

What is the address so I can assess travel and accommodation. I will be coming from the big island.

What track will be used?

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

Here you go Bulsara.

This is also Kennedy-rd's work, but I was posting the rules for "another of our beloved trans-tasman siblings'

so questions on detail to kennedy-rd

artdeco1.jpg

NPSR track

Lanes: 4

Length: 71 - 77 feet

Surface: 2 pack epoxy high gloss

Contacts: magnabraid (marginally recessed)

Power supply: a few hundred amps at 13.8 volts.

Running direction: anti-clockwise

Location is Napier, Hawkes Bay region

HB Tourism

and to the important things for you guys over there.

Boutique breweries "tick"

Wineries "62 ticks"

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I never expected any interest from anyone from "The Big Island" so have left out some important details, like where the track is! The address is 100 Kennedy Rd, Marewa, Napier. It is in my garage at the back of my dental surgery. Never in a million years was it envisaged there would be National events being held here, but it's always funny how things turn out. The photo you see was before the track was complete in that there is no timing system in place, no monitors, no race directors area, scoreboard etc, so apologies if it looks bare.

There are two motels really close, one almost across the road. They are Kennedy Park, and Palm City Motel. They both have websites so you can book online if you wanted. I would love to see some of you here. It would be a thrill for all of us NZ Slot racers! WOW! :D

Edited by kennedyrd

I never expected any interest from anyone from "The Big Island" so have left out some important details, like where the track is! The address is 100 Kennedy Rd, Marewa, Napier. It is in my garage at the back of my dental surgery. Never in a million years was it envisaged there would be National events being held here, but it's always funny how things turn out. The photo you see was before the track was complete in that there is no timing system in place, no monitors, no race directors area, scoreboard etc, so apologies if it looks bare.

There are two motels really close, one almost across the road. They are Kennedy Park, and Palm City Motel. They both have websites so you can book online if you wanted. I would love to see some of you here. It would be a thrill for all of us NZ Slot racers! WOW! :D

No promises, but I have been known to do sillier things. Plus i've never been to NZ and would really like to see it. The missus is going to be in Vietnam with her girlfriend at the same time, her quote was "I don't care what you do loser".

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

"I don't care what you do loser".
thats rather harsh....

You better get over here and have some slot therapy.

We have a good slotshop and several home tracks on the go.

She could buy batik fiddle faddles and you could wisely spend your $$ on slots while you learn to speak kywee.

regards

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

No promises, but I have been known to do sillier things. Plus i've never been to NZ and would really like to see it. The missus is going to be in Vietnam with her girlfriend at the same time, her quote was "I don't care what you do loser".

No expectations Bulsara! Local slot racers being what they are, we never know who is showing until practice! They promise all sorts, but come practice day people who swore they would come don't show, whilst others who we didn't even know were coming show up! Swings and roundabouts, but it would be awesome to have anybody and everybody. Certainly all are welcome. Slot Jockey more than anybody else would love to see you all as he views it as more people to beat I am sure!! :D

Come one, come all. Some racers from across the ditch would not only be awesome from my point of view but just rewards for all of Kennedyrds hard work and foresight. If you made it a weeks stopover we could arrange for everyone to race a different track each night as well as plenty of practise on the Nationals layout { you will need it } sorry had to put that in.........THDDFO

6 X Hawkes Bay Champion

8 X National Champion

1 X Retired

• 5 months later...

The uh - - "gentleman" above is going to have to change his factually incorrect signatrue file - he no longer has 3 nationals titles

he has 6 - more pics and some video to follow when I have time tomorrow. - By then he may have a couple more

But the racing has been closer today. Not sure of all the results as I have only been there part of the day, and only ran one class - - (don't ask)

But I know in one class Munter got 2nd, and in another (Group C), Nvmyre got 2nd, and Jarrod (not on the forum) was 3rd, giving a 1 ,2, 3 from HBMRC local club

All right, I was in the "C" final having qualified 10th, with one of my spare cars in 9th driven by a metal chasis guy from out of area.... sigh. I manabged to skim a couple of spots in the race and came in 8th I think.

Mike did 123 laps

Nymyre - 121

Jarrod - 119

4th was also 119 or 118.

at 8th I was 114...... so Group C was fairly well contested.

We had 18 entrants in that, 12 in pre '65 ninco classics, 20 in NASCAR.

Tomorrow is GT and muscle car I think both have close to 20 entries.

More will be said but Kennedy-rd should get a mention in the next New years Honours list for putting this together - it isn't completely perfect, but it is very, very good, only some very minor tweaks could be done over time to iron out any very minor matters as we learn from experience.

And the guys racing are having a great timne, and there is not a "whinge" to be heard. Credit also to the attitudes everyone has come with to participate, contribute, enjoy.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Guest jazzbell

All sounds good Mark. Good amount of drivers for the event too. Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Congratulations on your wins Mr SLOTJOCKEY. ;)

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Some pics & video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD8Cba3sYJQ

nats1.jpg

Left to right excluding marshals A.Tucker, Captain Wgtn club. Munter (seated), Paul B. Charlesx, GMH (Grant), Paul Le B. Peter C. slotmadmac

Marshals Gill Andrews (back to us,) well known to metal chasis guys from their nationals, and as owner of Hobbies Plus in NZ, A.Lee facing us.

nats2.jpg

Left to right excluding marshals - Munter, slotjockey, slotmadmac, Gill Andrews, right edge is Jarrod

nats3.jpg

nats4.jpg

Craig is at right of picture, looking very pleased after his 2nd place in Group C.

Hi all. Just a bit of a "report". Firstly congrats to Slot Jockey. A worthy and deserved champion. He was pushed harder this year and if you look at the results and photos over the next few days on www.nzsca.co.nz you will be shocked at how close many of the results were. Put it this way, the NZSCA requirement of the track being divided into 100 segments was implemented for good reason!

I was super happy with the way the event went, and the large (by our standards anyway) turnout. A huge thanks to those who travelled large distances to attend. It is these guys who make this event very special, and make it worth my while. I know it is a cliche, but I really think if some of you guys came over you would enjoy it, just like we did to your NSW enduro. We had a ball! We would look after you, honest!!

I must mention that we had Rob Dale our NZSCA president and Alan Tucker the main organiser of the Wellington track where our 1/24th and nats are held were in attendance. Rob was not racing but just collating results and enforcing rules. He is the "Godfather" and it is an honour to have him travel and help out, especially as he hates RTR cars! He is coming round though after seeing the success of these meets, and seeing a few of us cross over to metal as well.

Huge thanks too to our generous sponsors, Slotmadmac www.advintage.co.nz for his very generous donation of wine for prize winners. Slotjockey has an awful lot of champagne to get through! Also thanks to SlotsNZ www.slotraceshop.co.nz for his kind donation of Slot.it shirts for prize winners as well.

I was thrilled to have my loan cars do so well. I enjoy getting our metal chassis guys involved, and they are coming round to RTR quite quickly. Alan Tucker took away a 2nd place in NASCAR with a car I must have spent all of 10 mins on! Gil Andrews (who some of you met at the NSW enduro) took away two third places with cars that were literally removed from their boxes and placed onto the track from last year. Sadly my brand new, considerably faster (in my hands anyway) muscle car didn't do as well in Paul Delatour's hands as we thought and it was left to Gil using my last years "shitter" with the wheels being driven off it to take third. However Paul redeemed himself by taking second in GT with my new improved car. This car was a genuine threat to Slot Jockey but with both Gil and Paul having driven the cars a total of about 15 mins before the actual race it was incredible for them to be on the pace so quick. Paul had an uncharacteristic "off" early in the race watching another car by accident, with so many identical cars racing! Paul is Mr "Iceman" and has also gained me a 2nd and 3rd in the NZ 1/24th Open Eurosport titles using a car I gave him literally the night before (just like this time!)

Must admit organising this event, preparing some new cars, and providing 15 cars which needed maintenance etc. was the reason the poor proxy car was left neglected in the corner. I feel a bit gulity and disappointed, but we only have 24 hours in a day! It was all worth the effort though. Look at those smiling faces!

Mention must be made of our new star, a Slot Jockey prodigy, Craig. He is an awesome driver and has shown incredible dedication showing up to the track for almost every practice session and staying to all hours. I enjoyed having him too. He has already been invited to join my 1/24th enduro team!

Lastly if you look at the results you will see all the HB drivers raced under the Napier Performance Slot Racing (NPSR) banner, (which is the "club" I am the only member of!), as it is NZSCA affiliated, so they all got cheaper entry fees! Just a little loop hole to help them all out!

Great event, great guys and I will be trying my best to race next year. You Aussies are cordially invited to attend next years event. I will let you know the date as soon as it is known so you can book flights!!

Edited by kennedyrd

Guest jazzbell

Glad all went well and you had good numbers. I've spoken to the wife and would like to attend your 2012 Nationals. Gone through your rules and there not much different than our RTR rules for our National event.

Only thing we dont run silly tyres here which would be my down fall to get race ready . Our club silicon tryes are band and you are not allowed to use them at all.

Have spoken to another member who would be keen as well.(FCC who is on this forum too)

Our nationals are in August if anyone interested,track surface the same as you guys drive on.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

Glad all went well and you had good numbers. I've spoken to the wife and would like to attend your 2012 Nationals. Gone through your rules and there not much different than our RTR rules for our National event.

Only thing we dont run silly tyres here which would be my down fall to get race ready . Our club silicon tryes are band and you are not allowed to use them at all.

Have spoken to another member who would be keen as well.(FCC who is on this forum too)

Our nationals are in August if anyone interested,track surface the same as you guys drive on.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Be lookin to change to rubber in GpC. F22s probably

Guest jazzbell

regards shane a

team thunderbird

What about GT class.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

regards shane a

team thunderbird

What about GT class.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Hey guys hope the event was fun. like Jazzbell i am interested to maybe do a run across the ditch and have a go at racing Kiwi style. Not bothered about winning so much but haven't raced silicones before so am interested to do something different. Truth is i pretty know where my driving talent sits so its about having a new experience. Our nationals are at Hornsby and part of the appeal for me is driving on a track completely different to the ones we have at Tbirds. The racks at South city are slightly different to the T birds tracks and that is part of the fun. I wouldn't expect anyone to come to our tracks and be competitive quickly so i guess it would be the same at a different place. Its good if you guys are having a go and doing it in the right spirit.

Cheers Trevor.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Hi guys, if the rules change Group C to the Slotit F22 rubber then that means Silicons are not needed. Pre 65 can use Eurathane or Indy grip, Nascar is stock rubber, Musclecar is whatever you want as is GT. The top 3 in GT were rubber shod cars...............Awesome that you guys are considering next year....SLOTJOCKEY

6 X Hawkes Bay Champion

8 X National Champion

1 X Retired

[That would be awesome to have you guys over. Mike (Slot Jockey) will be beside himself! So would I for that matter.

In regard to rule changes, unlike you guys we have an official National body which meansremits, AGM's etc. Until now people have just glibly agreed to anything myself and Alan Lee said as no one else raced RTR or knew anything about it. Thats is changing so it may be opposed. Mike wants to stop silicone tires. As for GT and muscle car, would you believe we use a mixture, all in the same race with no ill effects. Other gloss tracks have issues with silicones making it slippery for rubber, but not my surface for some reason. In all the GT races cars had a mix of both tires. We are finding NSR ultragrips the tire of choice for rubber and Mike and I both used it on our fastest GT cars. However Gil's loan car had silicones and it was right up there. Only class that is a problem would be Ninco classics which have Indy Grips as the compulsory tire. I will try to find a decent non silicone alternative, but urethanes don't grip at all well.

If I can be of any help please let me know. Feel free to PM me and I can give you phone numbers etc. Also I will try to get the 12 hour RTR enduro sanctioned as a national event which may be an easier intro as then you only need to prep one car.

Although not on this forum very consistently I will keep you posted on any news about NZSCA RTR events.

The way your proxy car goes you shouldn't have much trouble with prepping competitive cars. If silicones are still used in some classes would be happy to prep some tires for you. If you set up on F22's or similar you would be close enough to be able to fully sort on the Friday of practice with some pre run in silicones.