Ebay A Bit Dodgy For Cars

Mobbzee

Let's just say that there are a lot of fools on eBay.

But you can often do well at your local store.

I've just found a tub of slot car spares at my local toy shop and they've got SCX Pro 4x4 motors with a $15 price tag on them. I might have to snaffle a few.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

yep - the market will pay what the market will pay - you got a good score, did they have a 2nd one buy it and put it on eBay you might make a profit :P - then again it might only sell for $21 like the Scalextric Nissan JGTC car I missed the other day :) - I am sure that some folk bidding on cars on eBay don't do any research and don't really know how the system works - they can't otherwise how do explain two bidders out bidding each other with multiple bids - constantly up bidding until the car sold for $5 more than the buy it now price from the same seller??

DM

I've found Ebay to be fairly good for picking up bargains. Just have to do some research for the retail price and be careful of postage, especially for the US.

I've seen Scaley's etc. for 35 dollars with 40 dollar postage!!! :)

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

When I was selling stuff on eBay (mostly scrapbooking stuff my wife picked up, and never used), lot of the addresses were in the country - so maybe for some people, buying at an inflated price is cheaper than a trip to the city?

Don't know if it's the same for slots?

Cheers

Richard

Just thought I'd add another 5 cents worth.........

There are a lot of stupid people who use Ebay, no one can deny that.

However, I have purchased most of my cars on Ebay, most of them never used and all of them 10-50% lower than retail including postage.

Ebay can be good. You just have to know what you are looking for and have a bit of patience.

Its not my driving! There's a flaw in the track......

I buy most of my cars on Ebay and NEVER pay anywhere near retail - even after freight is added in.

Bargains pop up all the time - but you have to get your timing right. There are a surprising number of No Reserve auctions that end in the evening (NZ time) when most of the world is asleep....

The key is to use the search functions to your advantage and save quality sellers with low freight fees. Alot of these serious resellers seed Ebay with red hot, one-off deals on quality slot brands. They do this to build a following for their ebay store email lists.

Of course there are some mad prices paid - but that's the same for any product in any market.

My rule is that if I can't get a bargain, I don't buy on Ebay. I would much rather support my local slot car supplier - SlotsNZ.

Good luck

Mac

Podiums are for short people.